Racial slur as man calls Welsh woman "English"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
People dont have the choice of being ginger, do you consider anything said about them to be as bad as racism?

C'mon Flyer, dont play dumb - you're a smart poster.

We are talking about race - Nationality/Colour/Race

Ginger is another thread altogether (ho ho ho )

one of my best friend from school was black, we used to use racial terms on each other all the time, it was no different than someone being tall or short, fat or thin.

You really see no difference, for example, between calling someone a white/black piece o' sh*t or calling someone a lanky prat?

Herein lies the problem.

There was no hint of racism yet people like you would be quick to jump on both of us as racist. Hell youd want us both to be up in front of a court despite us being good friends.

It depends on the words being used. If you offend another member of the public with terms that could be considered racist, whether directed at them or not, you could very well end up in court.

I, on the other hand, would politely ask you to refrain using such language in public.

This is completely different that real racism which Ive experience, ie an employer telling me hed never employ a black person.

This is about the the real racism that this woman believed she experienced.

This was nothing except a great waste of taxpayers money.

On that point you are absolutely correct. The man should have retracted his comment and apologised immediately.

Had he done this the case would probably not have gone to court. Even if it had, I believe that, due to the immediate retraction and apology, the case would have been dismissed. What a foolish man he is.

[edit on 8/12/2007 by skibtz]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

This was nothing except a great waste of taxpayers money.

Not really, the guy would have just been brought to court for disorderly behaviour.

Because he made it possible, he was done for racially aggravated disorderly behaviour.

She was obviously determined to press the case, the police passed the case to the CPS, they wanted to press the case. It went to court, the judge found the guy guilty.

That's why we have laws. It likely would have cost the same either way. Of course, he might have got a lighter sentence, oh well. Next time he'll think twice before using racially motivated insults.

[edit on 8-12-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by skibtz

We are talking about race - Nationality/Colour/Race

Ginger is another thread altogether (ho ho ho )

So its funny to rip people if they have ginger hair but not if they come from a different part of the UK? I see no difference.

You really see no difference, for example, between calling someone a white/black piece o' sh*t or calling someone a lanky prat?

No, why should it be any different unless youve been brainwashed by the PC brigade?

It depends on the words being used. If you offend another member of the public with terms that could be considered racist, whether directed at them or not, you could very well end up in court.

I, on the other hand, would politely ask you to refrain using such language in public.
Good luck asking black people to stop calling each other 'n-word's. - that was filtered by the forum not me, I dont believe theres anything wrong with using words in their correct context.

You just see words as bad, you probably got offended by the above sentence even though I used it in the correct context and it was not aimed to offend. Also, I would never end up in court because I wasnt abusing anyone. It was just a bit of banter between guys that people like yourself get offended on behalf of others.

This is about the the real racism that this woman believed she experienced.

Its not, people say things in the heat of argument, as I pointed out, he could have called her a fat bitch, a short bitch, it doesnt mean he hates any of those groups. You cant seem to get your head round that certain words can be used without the person being a racist.

[edit on 8-12-2007 by Flyer]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by melatonin

Not really, it only went to court because the Welsh were involved, that would be thrown out of court in England.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

A BUSINESSMAN from Manchester has been fined GBP200 for making racist comments about the Scots.

Mark Tyler pleaded guilty to "racially aggravated disorderly behaviour" after a drink-fuelled row with the night manager of a hotel in the historic cathedral city of Lincoln.

A court heard that his comments, which were not directly aimed at the manager, would have "insulted" any Scottish people within earshot.

linky

A Spalding man racially abused shopkeepers after an argument over a stolen charity box.

linky

A MAN who fled civil war in Haiti to live in East Lancashire has been hounded out of his new home by racist, homophobic yobs.

At court one of the gang, Basha Ullah, 21, of Pine Street, Haslingden, was told that he could go to jail after admitting racially aggravated abuse and racially aggravated disorderly behaviour.

A 17-year-old from Haslingden, who cannot be named for legal reasons, pleaded guilty to racially aggravated assault and disorderly behaviour.

linky

Yes, we know. The poor guy should have just shouted 'chavs' at them...

Three more people have been charged over the London protests against Danish cartoons appearing to mock the Prophet Mohammed.

Omar Zaheer, 26, of Southall, west London, will appear at Bow Street Magistrates Court on Saturday charged with disorderly behaviour and racially aggravated disorderly behaviour, the Home Office said.

You do make the most silly comments, guess some do feel the need to make life easier for small-minded bigots and racists. I'm sure all the daily mail reader-types would have supported the last case. Cheers.

[edit on 8-12-2007 by melatonin]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

So its funny to rip people if they have ginger hair but not if they come from a different part of the UK? I see no difference.

The joke was on the word thread (i.e. hair) not the word ginger. Try it. Replace Ginger with another hair colour. See it still works. Still a sh*t joke though.

Good luck asking black people to stop calling each other 'n-word's. - that was filtered by the forum not me, I dont believe theres anything wrong with using words in their correct context.

N-word has fewer letters, making it easier and quicker to type than the word being masked. Your open use of the n-word is nothing but gratutitous.

You just see words as bad, you probably got offended by the above sentence

"The pen is mightier than the sword" - I see words as extremely powerful tools.

I was surprised that you stooped to the level of using the n-word so gratutitously.

even though I used it in the correct context and it was not aimed to offend.

Correct context?

Are you black? Do you consider yourself a n-word?

Please think before you hit the Post button.

Also, I would never end up in court because I wasnt abusing anyone.

You are wrong. Example:

I hear you persistently using what I perceive to be racist comments to your 'mate' in public. I take offence. I call the police and make a complaint. The police arrive. You tell the police what you were saying. Your words corroborate my claim that you used racist comments which offended me. You could go to court my friend.

It was just a bit of banter between guys that people like yourself get offended on behalf of others.

I dont do anything on behalf of bigots.

You cant seem to get your head round that certain words can be used without the person being a racist.

Check my earlier post. I said that using the p-word or n-word etc. is perfectly ok when debating the issue. I prefer not to however. Unlike you I have never applied the full n-word of p-word in this or any other thread. Anywhere. Ever.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I think it's pretty lame to send someone to jail for name-calling. It's one thing if you stomp someone for being of a race or something, and something totally different for calling him a name in public.

It doesn't seem like it's serious enough to warrant the effort the state puts in to prosecute. And anyone who runs and cries to the police for being called a bad name are just like those wussies who got wedgies in gym class.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
And anyone who runs and cries to the police for being called a bad name are just like those wussies who got wedgies in gym class.

And what would you say to the parents of a 12-year-old who committed suicide due to bullying at school i.e. 'wedgies in gym class'?

Just a bit of fun?

No harm done?

Sure.

[edit on 9/12/2007 by skibtz]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I would say that there was a severe lack of communication and care with that girl. I'd say that someone should have identified any issues she had because teasing alone ain't gonna do it.

This case was a grown woman. Was she going to go eat sleeping pills because some driver was talking trash?

Get over it. Your tax dollars at work

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Are you saying it wasn't racism?

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I don't know what the exact political term would be. I don't necessarily see it as chaining someone to the back of a pickup truck and driving a few miles, then swinging them over a tree branch. I do know that she was called a bad name, and in the grand scheme of things, I'm sure she's been called worse.

I bet this guy doesn't think any more of her since this situation, so how exactly would this cure racism anyway?

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I would say that there was a severe lack of communication and care with that girl. I'd say that someone should have identified any issues she had because teasing alone ain't gonna do it.

Oh. I see. Nice try. Replacing BULLYING with teasing already.

Bullying is a vile act that should be stamped out at the earliest opportunity.

It is not teasing or messing about with your mates. It is despicable mental torture that leads to depression.

The fact that you are prepared to condone BULLYING is beyond words.

This case was a grown woman. Was she going to go eat sleeping pills because some driver was talking trash?

I dont know. And neither do you. And neither did the man who used the racist remark.

Get over it.

Get over racism and bullying et al?

Yeah. I will give it a rest when the bigots have left the building.

Your tax dollars at work

I think you will find that is pounds not dollars.

And if you took the time to read my previous posts in this thread you woulld already know my thoughts on the cost of the case and the whole racial issue in general.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I don't know what the exact political term would be. I don't necessarily see it as chaining someone to the back of a pickup truck and driving a few miles, then swinging them over a tree branch. I do know that she was called a bad name, and in the grand scheme of things, I'm sure she's been called worse.

I bet this guy doesn't think any more of her since this situation, so how exactly would this cure racism anyway?

It is racsim. That is the legal, not political, term. No chains. No trucks. Just a man using nationality to abuse a woman.

I dont condone racism at any level. The fact that you are prepared to is your right.

Follow my belief through to its end and there would be no racism.

Follow yours and we would be harbouring racism.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
condoning it and advocating strict laws against the use of certain words are very different things. I don't condone a lot of things, but I especially don't condone the government telling me what words I can use.

Why would anyone want the government to have the power to lock someone up for using the wrong combination of words.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

condoning it and advocating strict laws against the use of certain words are very different things.

At least you don't advocate racism then. Just condone it. Or is it the other way round?

I don't condone a lot of things, but I especially don't condone the government telling me what words I can use.

Even if they are racist words?

Why would anyone want the government to have the power to lock someone up for using the wrong combination of words.

And what is your favourite combination of racist words that, when ordered correctly, are not racist?

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Dude, if you're so afraid of getting your feelings hurt that you'd let your government be your thought police, then enjoy. And btw, I've been called n***** more times than I can remember and I'm not ready to eat a gun quite yet.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Dude, if you're so afraid of getting your feelings hurt that you'd let your government be your thought police, then enjoy.

You are way off the mark.

My heart and conscience decide my thoughts and actions.

If those actions contravene the law as laid down by the government then so be it.

Rest assured my actions would never intentionally cause harm or distress to another human being.

And btw, I've been called n***** more times than I can remember and I'm not ready to eat a gun quite yet.

I'm not sure what you mean here

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   

And btw, I've been called n***** more times than I can remember and I'm not ready to eat a gun quite yet.

I'm not sure what you mean here

Re:

And anyone who runs and cries to the police for being called a bad name are just like those wussies who got wedgies in gym class.

And what would you say to the parents of a 12-year-old who committed suicide due to bullying at school i.e. 'wedgies in gym class'?

Just a bit of fun?

No harm done?

Sure.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Ah. Got it.

Sorry. It's getting late here and I have hardly slept in 2 weeks since my wife had the baby!

It sounds like you are dealing with it in your own way.

There are many people who cant and they need to be protected. Whether it is by the law or common decency and respect.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
When did Great Britain ever have "free-speech rights"? The world has many laws against those, who use harmless words. Unfortunately, Hypocrites (warmongers) make the laws of this world.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join