It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Choose Your Own Adventure books

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Did anybody else read books in the Choose Your Own Adventure series as a kid ?
I caught the tail end of the series probably due to the fact that the school library had older books. I enjoyed the series far more then I did the Goosebumps series. I still have a few of the books lying around the place and I still have a brief read from time to time and wonder if the concept could be work with adult readers as well.

For those who are not in the know here is a link .

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
ahhh i loved those!!! i thinki want to buy some all over again haha good memories

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm reliving my childhood all over again after reading your post. I used to read these books all the time. I would finish the book and then immediately wonder how it would have turned out if I would've chose a different path, and then I would read it all over again.
I've wondered the same thing and I think that it could work with adult readers as well...........depending on the subject of course.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yeah, I still have a whole bunch of these on my shelf
They were pretty cool. I think I got into them because of a school library, too, and then I just kept getting more and more! I think I have about half of them, mostly the oldest ones (that showed up in used stores more often) and the newest ones (that showed up in new stores more often).

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I used to read those in elementary school, but I always got a crappy ending so I just read every page until I got a good story.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
flow charts with page numbers just for reading a book. :shk:

i had some off brand james bond books like this. never really got into them but my borderline OCD did make me take notes of where i had made choices in case i screwed up and got eaten by a shark.

top topics

join