It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Hacker taken over the board?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Just a thought. So many inexplicable board names almost on purpose. Not very many points on most. The same psych and verbal patterns on so many. Would you like to come out of the closet Mr. overboard?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
If it werent for those games, i suppose we wouldnt have anything. There's a shortage of posts and stories. I'm afraid i'm also guilty for working so many hours and not contributing to finding anything of substance.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
while it may be suspicious i fail to see how they're "hacking" anything...

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
That was a bit vague. Just from one who had their entire homepage taken over and run remotely by a hack who could change layout, add/delete favorites and otherwise make life a living hell. Including sending insane emails to my saved email list, including my brother. If he did it to me, he could do it to others, and sign in for multiple ATS accounts using hijacked homepages. I am 99 percent sure it happened on yahoo backgammon. :bnghd:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
We have quite a few measures in place to foil such attempts. Anyone who expects certain "board" standard features would find we've significantly changed things. ATS is very custom. Even if someone gained admin rights would not be able to do anything significantly damaging.

SkepticOverlord has very strong Mojo.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Most very cool ZZZ. I like the whole MIB tech thingy. It just seems some of the ludicrous nonsensical nomenclatures. The lack of caps, proper sentence structure, grammar, and almost purposeful spelling errors form a pattern.
Or I could be hopelessly delusional. LOL.
Doh! edit spelling

[edit on 3-1-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

I think what you are seeing is more a sign of the wonderful public education system we've had foisted off on us over the past 40 some years. You know the system, the one where kids who are bored to tears by the slowness around them are systematically drugged to make them just as slow as everyone around them. Where sameness is rewarded and individuality is punished, or drugged...

Or I could be as delusional as you, lol.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

If we banned members for improper sentence structures, poor spellling and grammar, I would be gone a long time ago, that's for sure. lol. With members from all over the world, what do you expect? There are almost 3,750,000 posts in here! Imagine that!
Challenge: Try and read all those posts. I don't believe that's possible. And a little bit confuse the language too much will cause confuse, you know. So we try to best confuse to a minimum, for all the best of all, and all that...

And btw, Zedd is right! SkepticOverlord has very strong Mojo!

new topics

top topics

join