It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to the Egyptian Cat race?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Just to make a point, where do you think ( what planet ) indian gods came from? Did this elephant god come from Neptune www.kidspast.com... Or some other planet? My point is: There are thousands of made up gods, do you think all of them are real? And if not, why do you think the cat god is real?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tep200377
There are thousands of made up gods, do you think all of them are real? And if not, why do you think the cat god is real?

there aren't thousands Tep, i've seen eagles, elephants, birds, cats, and some others. but never dog gods or other animals. but who's to say that during the dinosaurs or other lost civilizations there weren't races that came from animals evolutions and that came from other planets? i'm just saying, that the cat race seems to be more interesting as the egyptians made it out to be a big deal, even having the sphinx be a giant cat.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
This may explain to you why the played a big role in the egyptian cociety:

Bastet was sometimes called bast. She was the goddess of cats. She is a cat, or has the head of a cat, but originally she had the head of a lion.

Bastet was the proctress of cats. The Ancient Egyptians had a great respect for cats since they protected the grain from mice and rats. Rats can also cause disease. Killing a cat was punishable by death. When a cat died, the family mourned it, shaving their eyebrows to mark their sadness. Cats were sometimes mummified, like people, and their mummies have been found.

Btw: If there is cat people on other planets, shouldn't there be dog people to?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
there aren't thousands Tep, i've seen eagles, elephants, birds, cats, and some others. but never dog gods or other animals.

I hate to break it to you, but the jackal is a dog

gwydir.demon.co.uk...

[edit on 10-12-2007 by tep200377]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
no, those are people with masks. you can see their skin color and they have human features. the egyptians started doing that to feel one with nature and they were repeating what they saw. it's like halloween, when we wear masks to remember the dead. the egyptians wore those masks as a way to dedicate their lives to the gods that had come and gone.
the egyptians encountered the cat people, and other alien races and then after they left, they started building things and creating masks in their vision. it's like a tradition to continue the look and feel

think of it like jesus. many people saw jesus and then the reinassance painters started to paint jesus. like davinci, angelo and others.

the same way, the egyptians were creating art based on what they had seen.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

First of all my lack spelling in this case is not a proof of lack of history knowledge, especially not since you clearly understood what I was talking about.

Second of all you seem not to care about wether my spelling mistake is because I was generally bad at writing which in fact is true for a lot of people... it's not about wether they are stupid or not, or don't know anything it's about them not being able to see coherence amongst letters and therefore try their best to put a word together, often ending out with something that looks wrong to you incredibly intelligent scholar people /spit.

Third; maybe I just didn't care how precisely it was spelled or remembered it wrong?

The true case here is that since I'm Danish I took a more or less direct translation added a spelling mistake and ended up with "Sixteenth".

I the case of Michelangelo, it just goes to show how bad an influence American tv is, since when you hear it it's always mispronounced, Michael Angelo... hear something enough times and it gets lodged in your mind.

Maybe we should start a thread about how stupid people are that make spelling mistakes, just for your glory?

Btw centurion... how do you spell: "Applepie with cinnamon" in Danish?

[edit on 10/12/07 by flice]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Warnings – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10-12-2007 by Crakeur]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   

no, those are people with masks. you can see their skin color and they have human features. the egyptians started doing that to feel one with nature and they were repeating what they saw. it's like halloween, when we wear masks to remember the dead. the egyptians wore those masks as a way to dedicate their lives to the gods that had come and gone.
the egyptians encountered the cat people, and other alien races and then after they left, they started building things and creating masks in their vision. it's like a tradition to continue the look and feel

think of it like jesus. many people saw jesus and then the reinassance painters started to paint jesus. like davinci, angelo and others.

the same way, the egyptians were creating art based on what they had seen.

Do you have ANY sources of your claims? Do you have an image where there are more than ONE cat person ( Bast ) wich was a cat god?

Bast
A cat-goddess, worshiped in the Delta city of Bubastis. A protectress of cats and those who cared for cats. As a result, an important deity in the home (since cats were prized pets) and also important in the iconography (since papyri usually show the serpents which attack the sun being killed by cats).

In later Egyptian mythology Bast is also a patroness of luxury and pleasures.

Please supply us with sources of cat people.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Do you have ANY sources of your claims? Do you have an image where there are more than ONE cat person ( Bast ) wich was a cat god?

Please supply us with sources of cat people.

sure.

this is what the cat people looked like.

www.flickr.com...

here's the hardfact evidence.

www.flickr.com...

Sekhmet, New Kingdom, Dynasty 18, (1570-1320 BC), Granite sculpture

Sekhmet explanation.
Taken from "The British Museum Pocket Dictionary of Ancient Egyptian Gods & Goddessesses" by George Hart.

Lioness-headed Sekhmet is the daughter of Re, the sun-god, and the wife of Ptah.

In one myth, ferocious Sekhmet almost wiped out the human race. The sun-god felt that humans were plotting against him so he sent his daughter to punish them. Sekhmet slaughtered so many people that Re was afraid that no-one would be left to look after the temples and make offerings. So he poured out a lake of beer and coloured it with red ochre, to look like blood. Next day Sekhmet found what she thought was a lake of blood left over from the killing. She drank it, became intoxiacted and wandered away happy, so humanity was saved.

Because Sekhmet was so fierce, the Egyptians thought that she might be able to fight off plagues and cure diseases for which doctors had no remedies.

Hundreds of statues of Sekhmet, standing or seated, were set up in Theban temples as part of a ritual that celebrated her father Re, the sun-god.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   

You are kidding right? I now see there is no reason in discussing this with you. Refering to a student sketch of a god as a proof of cat people?

I ask you again, do you have any sources for CAT PEOPLE!
NOT CAT GOD!

If you don't answer my question, I think its better for me to ingore you and your posts in the future.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   

NOT CAT GOD!

If you don't answer my question, I think its better for me to ingore you and your posts in the future.

How do you want me to prove something that no longer exists and has been extinct for a thousands of years? I guess you are going to have to ignore me then because I can't prove it. it's all a theory. but if you give me one more chance and cat people is what you want. how about this real live cat man?

www.flickr.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Dear sir, you are making a platant fool out of yourself.

When that is said, I asked for sources, you give me drawings. I asked again for sources, and then you talk about proof. I never asked for proof, I asked for sources ..

But then again, we can now agree to this OP as your fantasy?

BTW: why do you post images of a bodyart person?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   

But then again, we can now agree to this OP as your fantasy?

My own fantasy? Not really. I must admit I like cats, and yes I'm allergic to cats. And I am a fan of the thundercats cartoon. so it kind of makes sense in a way to be fiction. But I guess if you don't believe in it, you don't.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
How do cats rescue people? Do cats guide blind people? do they search for bodies of living people in reckage? Do the assist officers in taking down criminals? Cats just lay around shedding hair and making houses smell bad. The only reason why people get bitten by dogs and stuff is cause a kid just was stupid with the dog and was probably abusing it like kids tend to do. I've never been bitten by a strange dog, cats on the other hand are just scared of people and run off (hmm... wonder where did we got the term "scardy cat from"?). So as far as a race of cat people existing, they sucked as a race if they existed, probably ran away from people and layed around all day doing nothing.

Sorry I'm a dog person, my house doesn't stink.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
There were no cat people. I've studied Egyptian history all of my life and have never heard anything about cat people. The Egyptians did revere cats, as one poster above stated, because they kept the rats away from the granaries. Egyptians would have starved to death had it not been for the cats and they knew that.
There are 3 cat deities in Egypt: Bast (a cat), Sekhmet (a lionness-headed goddess) and a third one who was a very minor deity. When you realize that there were hundreds of Egyptian deities, it makes a poor case for stating that the Egyptians revered cats more than any other deities. Almost all of the Egyptian deities had animal heads. And there were indeed far more animals than the OP listed. HEre are some of the deities animal represenatation:

crocodile
jackal (a dog)
hippopatamus
vulture
at least 2 snake deities
falcon
cow
frog
scarab beetle
ibis (a bird)
cobra

And alot of others I can't rememeber at the moment. I suspect the cat was honored also because of its beauty.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by tep

NOT CAT GOD!

How do you want me to prove something that no longer exists and has been extinct for a thousands of years? I guess you are going to have to ignore me then because I can't prove it. it's all a theory. but if you give me one more chance and cat people is what you want. how about this real live cat man?

www.flickr.com...

That man had what we call in the real world, an OPERATION to look cat like, why? Cause he LIKES CATS AND THEY'RE CRAZY! There's even more people like that.

Looks like a race of dog people existed too buddy.

Dogs
Cats

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I've read a fair bit about feline extraterrestrials and I'm sure they exist. If the Egyptian drawings are all make believe, they must have had some really powerful drugs.

I find it staggering that so many people believe in extraterrestrials, yet the idea of them having any "Earth" related DNA is totally unacceptable...

[edit on 10/12/07 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

I've read a fair bit about feline extraterrestrials and I'm sure they exist. If the Egyptian drawings are all make believe, they must have had some really powerful drugs.

I find it staggering that so many people believe in extraterrestrials, yet the idea of them having any "Earth" related DNA is totally unacceptable...

[edit on 10/12/07 by NuclearPaul]

Then do you believe in the other animal morphilogical dieties as existing in a real fleshly sense or at all?

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'm almost certain the cat race went extinct once they were unable to procreate after being spayed and neutered upon the order of Bob Barker (He really is ancient).

Seriously though, I highly doubt they ever existed and were nothing more than a part of Egyptian mythology.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
There is more evidence of a terrestrial based legend than a extraterrestrial origin to the gods of ancient Egypt. Most of your evidence is hear say and doesn't even amount to circumstantial. And instead of actual info you are providing links that just degrade your theory.

You have already received several rational explanations for the cat people, and yet you continue to protest they do exist and were aliens.
At this point, just bow out, you are just making yourself look bad.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Good God almighty, you're doing it again. Your almost indiscriminate use of terminology is destroying your own argument before you even get started.

There are thousands of made up gods, do you think all of them are real? And if not, why do you think the cat god is real?

there aren't thousands Tep, i've seen eagles, elephants, birds, cats, and some others. but never dog gods or other animals. but who's to say that during the dinosaurs or other lost civilizations there weren't races that came from animals evolutions and that came from other planets? i'm just saying, that the cat race seems to be more interesting as the egyptians made it out to be a big deal, even having the sphinx be a giant cat.

The dinosaurs were not a civilisation.

obviously, the egyptians had an encounter with cats, real or not there's no denying right?

What the hell does that even mean? I can deny right all the time, I just point out "left".

How can you say it's obvious that the Egyptians had an encounter with cats and then question their existence and then say it can't be disputed?

It is obvious that you haven't even written your assignment before presenting your verbal report. One word: RESEARCH. Second word: ORGANISE. Put your thoughts down on paper in an organised, rational way, then present them to us. Archeologists don't have brainwaves and then run around the world telling us about them, they spend a couple (at minimum) of years gathering evidence in support of their claims, then they run around the world shouting from the rooftops and appearing on talkshows, after they've written the book.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join