It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slow police response

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
So today was just weird. A lot of the customers I had were rude. It seems everyone was in a sour mood. My shift ended at the store at 4pm. About 3:25 we had a customer that came through the drive through. (I work at a KFC/A&W)

This guy was slurring his words, and his breath smelled heavy of liquor. This guy was drunk as a skunk. Worse yet, he had 2 kids in the back seats. My manager was the one who was at the window and talked with him. He stepped away and asked me to take over for a few minutes. I talked to the guy, and OH MAN I could smell the liquor. My manager got on the phone and called the police to report what was happening. After he got off the phone, he took over again and told the guy there was a small wait for his food, and asked him to go park in the lot and that we would bring the food out to him.

So we waited, and waited. No police, and theres a lot of them in my area. 4pm rolls around and I left. I came back about 30 minutes later, and the guy is still parked. No cops, no nothing. Then as I was at the store close by, I saw him drive off, swerving a little bit mind you. It really irked me.

Anyone else have similar stories? I just couldn't believe it, perhaps the cops were busy. The way this guy was driving just wasn't safe at all, and had 2 kids in the back seat. Man I"m still fuming about this incident. Seeing kids in the back seat of a drunk driver with no police response.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   
about 20 years ago when my parents were still together i had one of my buds staying the night...my dad, my bud and i were wrestling and being LOUD....just having fun....
my dad crashes out and it musta been an hour later the cops show up.

they said they recieved a call that someone might be getting hurt cause of all the noise.....

i don't know why it took em that long but if it would have been a real issue, they would have missed it by far.

i say it all the time....the cops are there to pick up the pieces, paperwork, and to lean on you

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

I was hit by what seemed to be a drunk driver on a busy street about 6 P.M. It was a main street in my community, and a street divides two police jurisdictions. My 5.0 was crushed in on me and the guy was slowly leaving. I had people stop, but were totally useless freaking out because I probably looked dead. I get my bearings straight and call the police, along with 2 or 3 other people. I was okay, but was freaking out as I've seen too many movies thinking my car is going to explode.. The door was jammed and squeezed my way through the window onto broken glass below.

I called a friend because I didn't know what else to do and he arrived approximately 10 minutes after the phone call. The weird thing is, he got there a little before the police. There was even a firestation right up the street that hadn't sent EMT's, which promptly arrive approximately 2 or 3 minutes after the police.

I had enough time to pry myself out of my car, call a friend, and pick a fight with some guy who was "laughing" as traffic was backed up before the police got there. I was even given attitude by some cop and blew up on him. I was actually almost detained at one point because I just lost what I thought at the time was the most important thing in my life.

I have another one that involves fighting a man who was trying to beat up his wife. Him and his friend had turned on me after I sweated them through their apartment porch door and took a punch and hit the guy 3 or 4 times and his friend 1 good one.. We were dancing and arguing around the centerpiece of the apartment playground for more than 5 minutes, probably closer to 10 before I backed the two back into their apartment.. I waited out front with the wife and some neighbors that were going to back me up on my story. We easily waited for another 5 for a motorcycle cop to show up. I was also detained after I tried to go after the guy again for lying to the cops. I was charged with 2 assaults that were dropped because of the ambiguity of the plaintiff's story.

Wild times.

I don't understand how they can sit in one spot all day and tag people for 5 over, but can't get down the street from their substation in 10 minutes. And people wonder why I own guns.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Oh, and also there's been one time that the police response was so fast, I couldn't believe it. After the club I was headed home one night and this piece of # with 6 or 7 people in it is barreling at me with it's headlights off. I put my car in gear and got ready to gun it and maneuver.. He stopped in time but he was GONE. I called 911 and they put me in touch with highway patrol, being as we were in the turn lane to get onto the freeway. I slowed onto the shoulder and the guy drove past... I gave him a description, license plate, and direction. I picked up behind him and within 2 minutes there was a highway patrol car coming up on this gay at 100+ lights on. He was probably in the immediate area, but it was definitely cool to see.

And I'm no snitch, but drunk driving is one of those things that shouldn't be tolerated. Most everything else should be on the hush. Haha.

new topics

top topics

join