It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran is not guilty but Muslims are.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Bye.

I'll post you some cheese.

F

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fuggle
Mr Jackdaw: you have inverted the meaning of my OP by 180 degrees...and received stars for it.

Perhaps in the future you should be more careful with your choice of thread titles? That's why people have jumped down your throat. Look at the tile. What exactly are Muslims guilty of?

Remember that the written form (especially on a website) is a poor medium to get irony or any other subtlety related to tone or normally communicated by body language across to people.

edit: I should note here for everyone who's ever wondered that staff doesn't close a thread just because it doesn't go the way somebody intended.

And enough of the childish 1-line posting please

[edit on 12/5/2007 by Gools]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

Point taken; lesson learned--thanks.

F

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Fuggle

Sorry.. I'm having a giggle because the same thing has happened to me a few times..
"No..wait.. I didn't say that.. sorry MEAN that.. wait.. I'm not.."

I DID get your intention though.

CNN EXCLUSIVE..
"Iran has just been 'cleared' of one accusation but hey guys.. look at Muslims here..etc" "Lets hate them for this instead"..
Sad isn't it?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

Thank you, Agent T!

Yes, that's it exactly. I spent a good deal of yesterday wondering how President Bush could suddenly exonerate Iran when only weeks ago he spoke of World War III--but while he may have (for the time being) "cleared" them of the guilt of pursuing nuclear weaponry, The White House is simultaneously vilifying Muslims with high-profile commentary of a profound sentimental nature.

I'm not passing judgement on the rape trial itself--I'm just commenting on what I perceive to be The President's citing of the event as propaganda.

Of course, I'm making an assumption here (based on Time's article on the subject) that The White House did indeed authorise publication of the conclusion that Iran is no longer pursuing the development of nuclear arms.

F

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Fuggle

There's nothing better than using a sentimental issue when your best laid plans of world domination have suddenly been upset by a..
"Whoops they weren't doing that after all!!."

Sound familiar?
"Well so WHAT if Iraq didn't have WMD's.. look at what they were doing to those poor Kurds"

Regarding the rape issue..
Ok, so they have harsh laws regarding keeping the company of the opposite sex but that's THEIR law.. not Bush's
She WAS NOT punished for 'being raped'.

I just hope they show the same lack of sympathy for the guys that did this though..

Line them all up along a table,Tackle out,with a long sword.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Sorry, I don't get it. You KNOW about the alleged Korean enriched uranium being torpedoed by the US sub. Why should he enrich it when he can just buy it on the black market? And I want to be the one to inform you that the next Biblical prophesy about this, is that the Arabs will try to annihilate Israel, but Israel will use the Goliath option, and possibly destroy Mecca, ie Islam. The Arabs will start it, and Israel will win/survive. Perhaps not in the next couple of years, but soon.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dont Taze Me Bro
reply to post by Fuggle

Yeay!! no Iran war! no Iran war!no Iran war! no Iran war! Yeay!!

Please don't tell me you are believing this current story about Iran not pursuing nuclear weapons. Why would you believe this one story coming from intelligence agencies when most would not believe the previous articles stating the opposite opinion. Is it only because you have Bush derangement syndrome and believe anything that puts the current administration in a supposedly bad light?

Consider that on July 11, 2007, roughly four or so months prior to the most recent NIE’s publication, Deputy Director of Analysis Thomas Fingar gave the following testimony before the House Armed Services Committee (emphasis added):

Iran and North Korea are the states of most concern to us. The United States’ concerns about Iran are shared by many nations, including many of Iran’s neighbors. Iran is continuing to pursue uranium enrichment and has shown more interest in protracting negotiations and working to delay and diminish the impact of UNSC sanctions than in reaching an acceptable diplomatic solution. We assess that Tehran is determined to develop nuclear weapons--despite its international obligations and international pressure. This is a grave concern to the other countries in the region whose security would be threatened should Iran acquire nuclear weapons.

Don't you realize the story stating Iran no longer has a nuclear weapons program is a total lie.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Maybe the topic should be

"Iran isn't guilty, but america is"

and not the muslims, but some people

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by brianstorm123

Maybe so, huh?

I think with the thread-title that I chose I was trying to encapsulate what I perceived the media and White House were saying, subtextually.

But yeah, your idea suits better.

F

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by brianstorm123
Maybe the topic should be

"Iran isn't guilty, but america is"

** SIGH **
It would be nice if you could think for yourself instead of following the 'party' line.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
4TH perhaps you can englighten us all as to how Iran, Korea or anyone else for that matter is a threat to the US, perhaps you would like to outline what weapons sytems they may or may not have that could pose any threat to the US.

Muslims, there is nothing wrong with them but just like the rest of the religeous groups they have their fanatics who want to control the people, abit what religion has been doing for the last 2k years.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Fuggle

Are you suggesting to wipe out Muslims then?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Am I suggesting Muslims should be wiped out? No.

F

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
perhaps you would like to outline what weapons sytems they may or may not have that could pose any threat to the US.

Exactly!
To make sure they cannot reasonably threaten the US is the reason why they must be prevented from gaining nuclear weapons which they are trying real hard to build.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
4th , how shallow of you on the one hand we are continually told that the US is all powerful and can do what it likes and on the other your tremblingg at the thought of a third world nation getting nukes.

Well you cannot have it both ways, and what you dont realise is that irrespective of what these countries may aquire they will never pose any significant threat to the US its as simple as that. And whilst were on the subject the US dose not seem to be bothered by the rogue state Israel that has hundreds of nukes and is not a party to any treaty or inspections.

What this is about is the globalisation of all countries by the US and the US wanting to open up these countries to exploitation, so all manner of lies and deception is cooked up to mislead people like you into beleiving they are a theat to you. Well they are not and they have every right to acquire what ever weapons they se fit to protect themselves, especially the US whilst its on its global rampage, starting illegal wars, the phoney WOT, CIA actions in numerous countries. Can you understand why people are responding to that threat.

At the moment religion is being peddled as the reason for such actions oh its the Muslims against us crap, the same old lame excuse is wheeled out everytime and the gullible fall for it.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by magicmushroom

I completely agree with you. I can't believe anyone still believes a word that comes out of the mouth of this president. There should be a sepparation of church and state when it comes to government, and that especially should apply to people who are not even citizens of the US. We have no right to tell the people of any other country what to believe.

I also don't think we have a right to tell any other country that they cannot have nuclear power just based on the thought that they might use the by products of it to build bombs. We have it all, why shouldn't they?

America was based on the freedom of it's citizens. Most of our debt comes from the US trying to police the other countries of the world, yet we have starving and homeless people right at home, of which, is a large portion of military veterans. Go figure!

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

4th , how shallow of you on the one hand we are continually told that the US is all powerful and can do what it likes

I don't think anyone said the U.S. can do whatever it likes. However, we must do what is necessary to maintain our way of life and values.

and on the other your tremblingg at the thought of a third world nation getting nukes.

Umm....Nobody is trembling at the thought of Iran getting nukes.

However, why should we allow another threat to show its ugly head when it can be prevented from happening to begin with. Preservation my friend, its called preservation.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
4th, its not called preservation my friend its called Fascism, yours or the American way of life is not under threat and is quite the oposite in fact. Nations that have global influence as like the old Empires tend to export their way of life etc. to other nations and that is exactly what America has been doing for some time.

Obviously you completely believe the media lies and bull# about your way of life under threat , well if you were an Iraqi or Afgani I might agree with you.

No the problem is is that the American populace are a captive audience, your view of the world is what you see on your TV's and that is controlled, the majority of you do not travel outside of the US and it has been proved on many occasions that many of you could not even name or point out countries on a map of the world, put simply you are living in ignorance, either of your own choice or laziness.

Most Americans are completely unaware of other cultures and peoples around the world and what views you do have are a distortion of the truth.
The majority of people on this planet want to live in peace and harmony, yes we have differing traditions and ways but no one has the right to invade or exploit people for their own personal gain. No one has the right to inflict pain and suffering on anyone. If you do be prepared to reap the consequencies, again I advise you to read uop on your own recent history maybe then you will understand what is happening.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

4th, its not called preservation my friend its called Fascism, yours or the American way of life is not under threat and is quite the oposite in fact.

Well, we will just have to agree to disagree because a nuclear bomb being detonated on U.S. soil by a regime such as Iran whether directly or indirectly via terrorists groups they sponser, IMO qualifies as a threat to my way of life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join