It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Peruvian Air Force (F.A.P)... opinions??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
One of the reasons for this thread is my mom is from Peru.
According to this site, Peru has a pretty good airforce (for a lesser global player).

Nowadays the FAP is considered to be the most powerful one in South America, not only because of the quantity and quality of aircrafts it possesses but because of the high degree of professionalism of its men.

Currently the FAP operates with combat aircrafts coming from Russia, France, Italy, Brazil, England, and the U.S.A. It does not depend on one supplier in particular. The beginning of this new millenium introduces the FAP as the major force in the air in South America, and this is no surprise when you realize that Peru is surrounded by 5 nations -Ecuador, Colombia, Brazil, Bolivia, and Chile)- from whom it has to protect its borders in a potential war situation.

Rumor has it that Peru is planning on acquiring MIG-25RBN/T/V aircrafts that have exceptional climb abilities. This will mean that Peru is going to have a big advantage as far as photographic-analytical information of the enemy's military positions

There are some pics..

Just wondering if anyone has some outstanding knowledge or just wanted to weigh in on Peru's AF? Does Peru have the best AF in S. America?

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Scramjet76]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Venezuela has a pretty strong air force and so does Peru, surprisingly... I didnt know their inventory before this post, and it's pretty decent for such a small country although I guess you can't call them strong because they would be decimated by bigger nations just by pure numbers

I like looking at the fleet of the littler nations, sometimes you'll be shocked!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I know they are small compared to the fleets of larger nations.

I guess the MIG-29SMT is their best aircraft.

I would think that Brazil, being a bigger country, would have a larger, better equipped AF than Peru. But apparently Peru has a lot of aerial history..

The FAP was thus the first South American air force, and only the second Latin American air force, to fly supersonic fighters – right after Cuba.
source

new topics

join