It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone heard of Landmark? (cult)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
My brother is very concerned about a situation that is happening in his place of work. He works in a small family owned business. Recently, the owners of the company have enrolled themselves in a program called Landmark. He researched this and found it to be similiar to a cult.

Over the past few days the owners have been acting very strange. They have been cutting the workday short to attend meetings and they have been talking NONSTOP about Landmark. They are pressuring all the employees to attend meetings yet they can not even explain what Landmark is. All they say is 'are you ready to be transformed?'

The owners have been talking in a robotic fashion in the past few days also which is apparently unlike their personalities at all. They have been calling all their clients and urging them to attend Landmark meetings (which I'm sure you know is ridiculously unprofessional). My brother and a few of his friends that are employees are actually concerned for their jobs if they don't attend the meetings.

Can somebody please give shed some light onto this for me, I have heard so much about cults, but never even heard of someone I know ever join one. I would like to give my brother some advice.

Thanks in advance.

Please move to BTS if needed.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
i didnt get to far into reading it just yet but i googled it and came up wwith this link you might want to check it out.

www.rickross.com...
edit:forgot to add link. sorry just broke my foot and im miles away

[edit on 15pmu102007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
LANDMARK WIKI

Blue collar cult of sorts. It's kinda scary because it's very enticing to small business owners and business people alike.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
here in the UK there is great concern for the activities of this group.

workers end up working outside of the normal hours,no insurance , no pension etc,etc....

looks to be a very dodgy group, they have been kicked out of France.

snoopyuk

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Network 21, Quxiar ?, Amway sub ideology group.

Landmark and the likes are MLM breading centers, where they use a pyseudo religious front to get "victims" to join the "lifestyle" and "integrate through common goals of success, wealth and personal "freedom".

It's based at the core on a North Korean, Mind Control manual about how to gain power and influence over people.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
As the world further collapses, things like this are only going to increase. People are looking for answers and they will go anywhere they have to to find answers which resonate within them, if need be, even cults.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Landmark is rather well-known in business circles.

Its teachings, techniques and instructions are interesting, educative and highly effective. Thats how they get people hooked.

The problem is the cultish group-think and pressure to advertise for and bring in more people.

I attended a Landmark course about ten years ago. Although the training itself was great, i did not continue on that path because the cultish aspects and pressure to agree with everything said is just sickening and idiotic.

Landmark is a bit like a mini-version of scientology. Its founder is Werner Erhard, an ex-scientologist.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
thanks for the info skyfloating,

i wasnt aware that it was founded by an ex scientologist.

thanks
snoopyuk

new topics

top topics

join