It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WANTED: ATSNN STAFF

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
As the ranks of ATSNN grow larger i feel we must expand our content to encompass a broad spectrum of subjects, which leads me to this request, we are in need of a political columnist or two for solo work on America Votes and domestic politics.

I'm also considering a hannity & colmes format of a right winger and a left winger to debate on an issue every week or two.

So, if you want to be part of ATSNN then submit your name in here or in u2u, whichever you are more comfortable with.

Previous posts will be looked over for content and style.

Remember, keep sending in those news submissions

Nerdling.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
That sounds like a good idea. I'd love to write for ATSNN, but politics isn't exactly my area of expertise.

Perhaps we could have a column for every news topic?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It's not just politics although thats what i'm really looking for right now, i'd like to have an extra name for every field.

Please say which field you'd feel most comfortable in.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
id like to join up for atsnn but not politics just letting you know

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I'll help out if you want, and politics is not my expertise aswell, though I could add some insight regarding other matters.

Deep

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hey Nerd, can I be the sex columnist???

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I am all for Science & Technology.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Hey Nerd, can I be the sex columnist???

Im down for that! You better add some Kama-Sutra insight aswell!

Deep

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
I am all for Science & Technology.

I am too.

If we are selected to be a columnist, do we have to post regularly on a certain day each week? Or is our posting requirements pretty much relaxed?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It's not strict but you'll be expected to submit once a week at least.

If you're approved then i want to put the emphasis on self-written pieces about news items and not just reporting a story we've seen on CNN or the likes.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
If you're approved then i want to put the emphasis on self-written pieces about news items and not just reporting a story we've seen on CNN or the likes.

That will be quite time consuming and very difficult. By self-written pieces do you mean something like Kano's famous article.

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by surfup]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

It's not strict but you'll be expected to submit once a week at least.

Yeah, I was thinking more along of seff-written stuff as well. I'm better at writing my own editorials than straight from the press stuff.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

That will be quite time consuming and very difficult. What do you mean by self-written pieces?

News reports that have been written by you, i'm not talking 1000+ words here, pieces that are written by you with an edge to it, feel free to read and examine other news sites as sources but the keyword for february and beyond is originality. it's about making a name for ATSNN as a site that adds it's own unique commentary to the news.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   

News reports that have been written by you, i'm not talking 1000+ words here, pieces that are written by you with an edge to it, feel free to read and examine other news sites as sources but the keyword for february and beyond is originality. it's about making a name for ATSNN as a site that adds it's own unique commentary to the news.

Like Kano's famous article, except smaller.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
How about a more spiritual and religious based column?

Hey, SURFUP, were gonna have to learn how to spell though!

Deep

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Like Kano's famous article, except smaller.

Bingo.

Kano's article demonstrated how a group of serious thinkers can prove and disprove points made my mainstream science and report on them well.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
How about a more spiritual and religious based column?
Hey, SURFUP, were gonna have to learn how to spell though!

And also learn to write grammatically correct sentences.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Bingo.
Kano's article demonstrated how a group of serious thinkers can prove and disprove points made my mainstream science and report on them well.

Kinda like a documentary. I think I can do that. Count me in.

However, a week is very little time to write something like that.

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by surfup]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
ERRRRRRRRR.Tell me about it, If I put my mind to it, I can do eons of amazing work!

Deep

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Those can be special monthly pieces then, i'm trying to spread stuff around so we're having a good level of content being produced every week.

We've got several large stories lined up that will please everyone (ATSNN EXCLUSIVES)

Selections for reporters will take place soon.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join