It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heptagram shaped hole found inside a rock

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
It does look an awful lot like that shaft was literally cut into the rocks face. I know allot of interesting geometric patterns come about naturally, but this one seems a little too perfect to be natural.

If I had to hazard a guess, I would say it's probably an old cutting bit. The rock was likely cut into a ways back to check for anything worth mining. It could easily be 7 drill holes at equal length to cause the central portion of rock to separate, hence it's an early crude version of a core sample. The smoothing would come about over the centuries from water erosion.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by johnsky]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Possibly a fossil?

A long worm like creature that fossilized then later eroded away?

Sri Oracle

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Could it be possible that this was a giant bolt of some sort that maybe worked it's way out long ago? Maybe not a bolt but something along that line. I have seen similar things used along roadways to stop the side of the mountain from falling off. It could have been drilled out and then something driven into it with a head shaped like a star to stop the bar from rotating. This technique is used to hold the rock face onto the mountain side and stop a rock slide. Judging by the homes on the hilltop, I could see this as very possible. It already looks like there is substantial rock slide and perhaps there was a similar problem in the past and that's why they had to secure the mountain face. It's just a thought so please don't rip me. I am just offering an alternative possibility.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle
Possibly a fossil?

A long worm like creature that fossilized then later eroded away?

Sri Oracle

i thought the same.
or, perhaps, a crystal which first formed under one set of conditions, and later, reacted with a new chemical bath.

and then, .....is there a difference between a crystal and a lifeform?

!!!!!dunh dunh duhhhhh!!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
reply to post by yahn goodey

after reading some more ------the 7 points of the star----------yes ------could be a steel jackhammer bit to start with thats not rotating----------for whatever reason?----------not enough resistence from the rock? or drill hammer faulty?--------but there has to be a point at which the "bit" rotates for it to clear out the rock debris if drilling down ?--------or it will jamb----choke on its own self made garbage.

This is totally off topic and I'm sorry about that, but what's up with all the ----- sings?! I've seen that you and sleeper tend to use them everywhere, and it makes no sense writing like that...

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I can't read norwegen but Based on a few things I saw in the picture I think this is a fake.

The blur inside is unnatural and could only be caused by a large apperture opening of a camera and in that case it would not have such sharp contrast where the blur starts. The blur also is not symetrical as it would if caused by a camera, It's not evenly created.

There is a point in the upper right that does not blur as it should compared to the rest of the blurred areas the sharp contrast shows that there was some sort of cut and paste or eraser going on.

The overall perspective of the vanishing point is slightly off from what it should be essentially a photshop created cut out.

I'm sure you all have seen the paint commercials where there is a part of the sand cut out or the mountain cut off or my favorite where the water from the ocean is spilling into a hole in the sand. Same thing here guys.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by photobug
I can't read norwegen but Based on a few things I saw in the picture I think this is a fake.

The blur inside is unnatural and could only be caused by a large apperture opening of a camera and in that case it would not have such sharp contrast where the blur starts. The blur also is not symetrical as it would if caused by a camera, It's not evenly created.

Doesn't look like fake to me. A bigger picture of the (w)hole area has been photographed a local guy, and he's posted some images here. It seems that the hole is not always heptagonal but turns into a round one at some depth.

I think many of us are familiar with the triangular drill bit that makes quite perfect rectangular holes. Sometimes a normal drill can also start to resonate in a a similar way and then the shape of the end result can be almost anything.

So in this case we only have a hole made with a mechanical drill that was somehow resonating. However, if the hole were heptagonal all the way, it might have been more likely made by the Ancients with a particle-energy beam (or something as exotic) before the previous ice age. Or by the Nazis testing the Haunebu weaponry in the occupied Norway 65 years ago.

The blur in the close-up picture is probably caused by the camera being in macro mode and using the full aperture. The field-of-depth in this mode is typically very very narrow, also depending on the camera brand and model. I do a lot of macro photographing with different cameras, and all of them have different close-up characteristics.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Alchemist sign probably
The famous alchemical seven-pointed star with the VITRIOL formula

Drawing according to a model of the seven-pointed star of the Knight Templars in France that marks the position of the main Commanderies of their Order with the line of the Grail.

here in more details

The septagram, a continuously drawn figure having seven points, is far less common than the pentagram. It is however important in Western kabbalah, where it symbolizes the sphere of Netzach, the seven planets, the seven alchemical metals, and the seven days of the week. It is a sacred symbol to Wiccans who follow the "Faery" tradition, where it is called the Elven or Fairy star. The seven pointed star is also an important part of the seal of the A.A., the inner order of Aleister Crowley's OTO.

septagram

cherokee 7 pointed star

A solid (filled) form of heptagram appears often on the flag and in the heraldic symbolism of Australia. In the Australian context, the seven points allegedly represent the six states of Australia (one each) plus one for the combined Territories.

"I' ll Sing you twelve-O.
What are your twelve-O?
Twelve for the twelve apostles, eleven for the eleven who went to Heaven
and ten for the Ten Commandments.
Nine for the Nine Bright Shiners, Eight for the April Rainers, Seven for the Seven Stars in the Sky
and Six for the Six Proud Walkers. Five for the symbols at your door and Four for the Gospel Makers ... "

that's from English folk song
analysis on Seven Stars in the Sky here

Protective circle from the Key of Solomon

that is wierd

its history as a protective design has led to the the seven-sided shape of most sheriff's badges

Each point of an acute hexgram corresponds to a day of the week and a planet. The bottom left point Sunday and the Sun, the topmost point monday and the Moon, the bottom right point Tuesday and Mars, the left above point Wednesday and Mercury, the right below point Thursday and Jupiter, the left below point Friday and Venus, and the right above point Saturday and Saturn.
Christian: seven days of creation

interesting the Heptagram Construction

we can think of connection with the amount of days in a week. That is really interesting here and hereare good articles analysing the whole 7 day week thing

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaak

This find is nothing new, go www.s8int.com, or www.legendarytimes.com book section, on history about million yr old hammer and other odditys. They also have ancient maps, strange things of this EARTH,

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Resonance as a forced dynamic response,

resulting from bent shaft shudder on drilling equipment,

producing 7 pointed harmonic motion in "elven star" fashion

when a three pointed "roller cone bit"

was used to create blast holes for a roadway

resulting in blast holes slightly larger than the bit size and star shaped.

The holes return to round as the rotational speed of the auger was varied, by the machine operator, and the harmonic cycle was broken.

Sri Oracle

[edit on 6-12-2007 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I can also see where if drilling the rock they could have first used a smaller dia bit and pre-drilled on the 7 points as a way of giving the larger center bit a better ability to clear ground up debris up thru these channels.

Although I am of the opinion that a very long bit that is vibrating and flexing could indeed produce such a pattern.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
If that hole was made intelligently then it looks like it would take some pretty advanced tools. It's very precise and the rock looks like some kind of granite, which is very hard.

Originally posted by bone13
This find is nothing new, go www.s8int.com, or www.legendarytimes.com book section, on history about million yr old hammer and other odditys. They also have ancient maps, strange things of this EARTH,

Yep. I really don't think our scholars today really know much at all about our history, beyond a few hundred years (more in some cases). At least, too much is wrong and there are too many anomalies compared to the hard evidence to back the conventional theories in the first place. Apparently Hannibal marched across the Alps with elephants but never once referenced there being any snow, and all sorts of bizarre tropical life has been found where there "should" have been none from that time period in various places around the world. I've even seen programs about it on the Discovery Channel in the past.

Probably a big part of it is how much people change over all this time. How many of us can relate to the ancient Greek and Roman civilizations, let alone all the way back to Egypt? Egyptian hieroglyphics are often considered to be some kind of primitive language (that we barely understand anyway) -- that alone at least shows me how out-of-tune we are to ancient wisdom. Egypt apparently actively commerced with Babylon/Sumer and the Indus Valley civilization (which we still know next-to-nothing about), but we didn't even know those last two civilizations even existed at all until fairly recently. Before we found them, most "scholars" said they didn't exist at all and were only rumors/legends/etc. That's how stupid we are when it comes to ancient history. Pretty damned stupid. And there are many independent pieces of evidence that show that the Celts and Romans made it to North America, and Julius Caesar wrote that the Celts had a massive fleet when he tried to invade Britain. What do we know about that, or where the Celts went? How would we know, unless we happened to dig in just the right place, etc.? A lot of historical discoveries, especially the important ones, tend to be accidental and very surprising. Dinosaurs are another example (discovered in the 1800s I think), and their bones are all over the damned world.

We're just to proud to admit (or too clueless to even realize), that we don't know what we're talking about when we talking about ancient history.

[edit on 6-12-2007 by bsbray11]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

When it first starts to cut the head is not rotating so that the cutting wheels may bite into the rock face, once the drill head has past some distance and the cutting tool can gain support from the drill hole wall then they start the rotation of the cutting head, resulting in a circular hole at the end of the drill hole.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix

When it first starts to cut the head is not rotating so that the cutting wheels may bite into the rock face, once the drill head has past some distance and the cutting tool can gain support from the drill hole wall then they start the rotation of the cutting head, resulting in a circular hole at the end of the drill hole.

OK, but until it does start to rotate what is driving it into the rock. How is it cutting or removing material?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
hydraulic pressure, a high pressure "ram" applies positive pressure on the cutting shaft as well as supplying a high pressure fluid feed past an internal drive ball, the fluid is then ejected from the "oiling" ports at the cut face. Rotation of the cut head is probably accomplished by a feed back line that has a valve near the supply side where ever the truck/power unit is located, when its closed the high pressure routed through the rotation assembly is closed off not allowing the head to rotate, when opened high pressure fluid passes the rotation coupling forcing the head to rotate while the high pressure fluid returns back to the supply side, all while a separate high pressure feed is pushed down causing the cutting wheels to turn, the high pressure ejected fluid from the oiling ports also blasts out the milled rock and material out of the drill hole behind the drill head.

Would be my guess anyways....

www.anta-ltd.com...

Type:-Quarrying

Machine Category:-Quarrying Machines & Equipment

Name:-Rock Drills/ Jack Hammers

Model:-HYDRAULIC WAGON - DRILL

The hydraulic WAGON-DRILL is suited for using 2" to 5" down the hole hammer and is supplied with a hydraulic power pack powered by electric or petrol motor.There is a hydraulic rotating head developing a torque up to 2950 Nm(300 kgm) at 20 r.p.m.on the slide,which is equipped with hydraulic cylinder feed.

[edit on 7-12-2007 by robertfenix]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Thank You. People should not create mystery, were none excist, discoveries should teach and remind of who and where come from, to explore, discover and learn, is how i was raised.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by robertfenix

Thanks! I did notice the lubricating jet holes and figured it was something like that.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by keeb333
I have a good friend who has a Ph.D. in Geology. I will forward this story to him and ask his opinion. I'll report back on what he says, but it may take a couple of days.

Well, my friend was perplexed by this, and wondered if the image was real!

Here is a quote from his email to me:

"I have never seen anything like this. That is almost too strange to imagine being real. My immediate thought was someone altered the photo. Since crystalline metamorphic rock is not my specialty, I cannot venture a guess as to how it formed."

If I hear anything else from him I'll post it. Sorry we couldn't get a better explanation!

Also, I had gotten the impression that the hole was discovered during an excavation, where it was found in the middle of a piece of rock. If that is true, then how could it have been drilled? Or am I missing something?

Keeb

[edit on 9-12-2007 by keeb333]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
its an "artificial" hillside they were excavating.

Looks like they were planning on widening an existing roadway, when it was originally created the engineers more then likely had to clear hard rock etc and blasted away sections at a time, later they re-piled the rock and debris to the side of the road. Creating a "natural" sound barrier or other earthen structure.

Over time the local plan for the area has changed and they decided to excavate that hillside, exposing previous debris and roadside work artifacts.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I have a feeling there's something interesting inside the hill they removed the big rock parts from.

I sense those houses up that hill are sitting above something amazing yet to be discovered.

I also understand that probably we will never hear anything new, concrete and undeniable about this story... only speculations and theories.
Sadly.

Peace, out!

Sator

[edit on 10-12-2007 by Sator]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join