It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Pyramid could have been a Plutonium Mill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
Really. I've been there and saw these big piles of rocks.....

Wow, another 'just a pile of rocks' guy. LOL. It's a Pyramid not a pile of rocks.

But that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion about what you perceive them to be. I guess I have a different view. Pretty impressive though, that a pile of rocks could stand for so long. And how about the inside of the Great Pile of Rocks? Were you able to go in? Did you get a chance to view the precision by which those immense granite blocks (or 'rocks') which make up the Kings Chamber were placed?

It's pretty interesting stuff, but I wouldn't call it an earth shattering experience.

I wouldn't either. I was thinking more awe-inpsiring.

Please don't. I'm not saying you will be dissapointed, but it's not really that big a deal.

This statement is funny to me. It sounds like you're begging me not to go.

Let me repeat, these are giant piles of rocks. Piles of rocks. Piles of rocks.

Yeah, tell that to the constructors and all of the archaeologists, geologists, and Egyptian scholars who have ever studied the Pyramids. You can start with Scott Creighton.

PS- My apologies to the OP for going off topic a bit. I think it's a safe bet that the pile of rocks group will have a difficult time digesting your theory, which I must say is rather interesting.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Greetings PE,

Originally posted by PhotonEffect
And how about the inside of the Great Pile of Rocks? Were you able to go in?

The lines were too long and I was told you'd have to almost crawl. That was a little too much since there was no nuclear reactor to look at according to the people who did go

It's pretty interesting stuff, but I wouldn't call it an earth shattering experience.

I wouldn't either. I was thinking more awe-inpsiring.

Frankly, since we already are on this topic, large mountains like Denali and a few others are "more" awe-inspiring than the man-made pyramids. I do not doubt building the pyramids was a major feat of all sorts of skill and organization and have respect for the builders. But I suppose it's a matter of taste in the end

This statement is funny to me. It sounds like you're begging me not to go.

Oh no, by all means you should go -- it's just that you sounded so desperate to go I had to offer consolation. When in Cairo, and decide to eat at a local eatery (I recommend the Old Market) you can re-use a few words you probably know already (chai, baba-ganouj, falafel) -- and you won't be hungry
Good luck.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Been to the old Bazaar ha, and eaten deep fried beans, dipped in garlic dip and drank sweet sweet sweet tea, you definitely no the feeling and did you give good Bakshish, yea, you have been there and yes everyone should go for the first time in their life, true experience and for the rest of the experts the locals think they are a pain in the A-- because of all the traffic, pollution, beggars & buses, I hope you arent tall because you will suffer going down, It was best suited for the 3 ft tall greys, dont you think, cheers to you buddhasystem, gwhint
ps: I think I got radiation poisoning when I laid down in Master Ti's tomb at Sakara or maybe possessed with his spirit.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kain_the_hunter

Hey kain_the_hunter, dont get upset but please tell me the name of the book with the person that climbed to the top and experienced exileration.

For everyones info, the reason for people not allowed to go to the other pyramids is because the military felt these sites were better for them to set up their battalians for their defense of the area and not because of grey pics, I know this for a fact.

The very last man that climbed the great pyramid (a tourist) fell off and died , his family tried to sue, so the gov banned anyone from ever climbing and all the bakshish you have will not allow you to climb, plus the AK47 guards on all four corners besides the ones walking back and forth will stop you on the first 4 ft climb up to the first level, if you know what I mean, the first rock is 4 ft high, then, to go up over 400 ft is a feat in itself, most people dont have the strength. But it is awe inspiring to stand beside these works of ancient builders. but what do I know about power plants, maybe your onto something, make me a believer, gwhint

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hello Buddha

Frankly, since we already are on this topic, large mountains like Denali and a few others are "more" awe-inspiring than the man-made pyramids.

Like you said, that's just a matter of opinion.

But I suppose it's a matter of taste in the end

Oh no, by all means you should go -- it's just that you sounded so desperate to go I had to offer consolation.

Well, not 'so desperate', but I appreciate the consolation.

When in Cairo, and decide to eat at a local eatery (I recommend the Old Market) you can re-use a few words you probably know already (chai, baba-ganouj, falafel) -- and you won't be hungry
Good luck.

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind when I go.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

This is from the article/paper:

In all of the above steps, there must be:
Protection against criticalities.
Protection of the workers from expected radiation.
Protection against fires.
Good geometric separation of the various steps so that any one accident would endanger as few steps of the process as possible.
A means for workers to suit up before operations and a way to decontaminate after operations.

Old Testament (which dates back as a seperate book far earlier than the "Bible", and is actually found in numerous ancient books of almost every advanced culture and religious texts. Ezekiel records flying discs with creatures that are not human:

Ezekiel 9 Only men dressed in "linen" (radiation suit?) handle the burning coals that are under the flying wheels of the color of beryl (metal, flying metal wheels with creatures riding in them):

Reference

As I looked at the dome over the heads of the angels, I saw something that looked like a throne made of sapphire. 2 The LORD said to the person dressed in linen, "Go between the wheels under the angels, and fill your hands with burning coals. Then scatter them over the city." So he went between the wheels as I watched.

After the LORD had commanded the person dressed in linen to take burning coals from between the wheels beside the angels, the person went in and stood beside one of the wheels. 7 One of the angels reached into the fire that was between the angels and took out some coals. This angel put them in the hands of the person dressed in linen.

Ezekiel 42:13-14 , try replacing the word "holy" with "radioactive":

Reference

Then the man said to me, "The northern and southern side rooms that face the open area are holy rooms. These rooms are where the priests who come near the LORD eat the holiest offerings. Because these rooms are holy, the priests keep the holiest offerings there: the grain offerings, the offerings for sin, and the guilt offerings. 14 Once the priests enter the holy place, they must not go out of the holy place into the outer courtyard until they leave behind the clothes that they wore as they served. These clothes are holy. The priests must put on other clothes. Then they can go into the area that is for the people."

15 When the man had finished measuring the inner part of the temple area, he led me out through the east gate. Then he measured all the way around the outer area. 16 He measured the east side with a measuring stick. It was 875 feet long according to the measuring stick. 17 He measured the north side. It was 875 feet long according to the measuring stick. 18 He measured the south side. It was 875 feet long according to the measuring stick. 19 He came around to the west side and measured it. It was 875 feet long according to the measuring stick. 20 So he measured all four sides. There was a wall all around it. The wall was 875 feet long and 875 feet wide. It separated what was holy from what was unholy.

Ezekiel 44:17-18 Rules for entering the Inner part of the temple, again think replacing "holy" with the word "radioactive":

When they enter the gateways to the inner courtyard, they must wear linen clothes. They must have no wool on them while they serve in the gateways to the inner courtyard and in the temple. 18 They must wear linen turbans on their heads and linen undergarments. They must not wear anything that makes them sweat. 19 When they go out among the people in the outer courtyard, they must take off the clothes that they wore as they served. They must leave their clothes in the side rooms of the holy place and put on other clothes so that they do not transfer the holiness from their clothes to the people.

[edit on 6-12-2007 by thatblissguy]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Im sure you will not be able to provide any evidence the pyramid was capped with gold so why state such a thing?

All I was stating was the Great Pyramid seemed to be constructed as a hard industrial signature rather than an artistic one. There is no art. At all.
Just staight to the point perfect design.

And the sarcophagus doesn't look like any other coffin for a pharaoh.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thatblissguy

Please tell me thatblissguy, the references you are mentioning, I thought that was King Davids temple where supposedly the Ark of the Covenant was placed and only viewed by the most religeous priests and this Temple was in Jeruseleum, there were 3 doors to pass through, but only the holiest of holies were allowed to pass the 3rd door to view the Ark of the Covenant, but I could be mistaken, please confirm, sorry fore asking if Im wrong, thanks, gwhint

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thatblissguy

Im not sure about the King David but those bible stories sure would correspond with nuclear activity in the pyramid.

Today I read some more writings on this theory, and im serious, I really think this is what the Great Pyramid was used for.

The Great pyramid was used for the production of some kind of radioactive material!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Here are a few facts, the floor and walls of the chamber appear to be very well sealed. This is consistent with the Kings Chamber being flooded with water. The water in the chamber, which would enter through one of the two vents, would act as a medium slowing down neutrons and reflect back into the uranium oxide filled sarcophagus. Thus manufacturing.

The Kings chamber was built granite because granite can withstand extreme temperatures.
The sarcophagus was carved from a very hard granite, even harder and denser than the rest of the granite used to build the Kings Chamber making it able to withstand higher temperatures.

The heart of the pyramid is the Kings Chamber and the heart of that is the sarcophagus. This was also the heart of the process. The uranium oxide would have been fitted into the sarcophagus. It may have been put in as bricks or pellets or even in granular form...... The granite must be able to withstand the high temperature and radiation emitted by the fissioning uranium oxide.
It must allow passage of most of the neutrons, which it does. Color photographs show that this granite sarcophagus has undergone radiation and heat damage in a very gradual manner over a very long time.
Its appearance is very reminiscent of metals and minerals, which experienced long term radiation in the canyons of the plutonium mills at Hanford.
The damage, or “wear”, indicates an operating time of many years.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
This thread needs Scott Creighton (SP?).
His input would be invaluable, i will send a P2P to see if he will stop by and add a little insight from an expert.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
It would explain all the theories of water running through the pyramid.

And the grand gallery would have been a great place to cool the steam.
I think there is an air vent in the upper ceiling of the gallery. coincidence?

The queens chamber could have held the equipment.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I am very much someone that is of the belief that books such as Ezekiel and other things that are at best marginalized and at worse decried as frauds have more truth about our past than mainstream historical texts by far.

And I would like to thank the OP for being rational and willing to do extra research to back up his point.

Personally I've never once believed that the pyramids are as young as they are claimed to be. Or that they were tasked as immense burial mounds as an original purpose.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Earth2,
We should send an Egyptian member of ATS to the pyramids if there are any,equipped with a Geiger counter-because if plutonium was enriched in there ,there should still be residual radiation i would think.
Remember that granite is slightly radioactive as well though,so they would have to take that into account.

Maybe not, I guess it all depends.

If the internals of the Great Pyramid were a nuclear breeder system, then there was a sizable wash through of water, which went to the Bottom Chamber. From there the water would have descended to an underground sand layer. Assuming retention of the uranium and plutonium oxides, the major, soluble, radioactive isotopes are Cesium-137 and Strontium-90. Because they have half-lives of 30 years and 28 years, respectively, they would no longer be detectable.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...
A typical BWR is still pressurized to keep enough water in liquid form inside the reactor so there is enough neutron moderation. This is not optional -- w/o that extra pressure, water will be evaporating so quickly that the nuclear reaction would proceed at a very slow rate. The design in the OP link has atmospheric pressure and thus unfeasible. ...

There are 3 large granite door's near the entrance of the kings chamber that could control the pressure.
They are movable.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
The vents in the pyramid align to stars for the passing of seasons. Try replacing the word Holy with Radioactive? Try replacing any word in the bible with a modern word and tell me what it says. The pyramids along with most ancient structures aren't so mysterious when you realize that these people did not have much else to do. I am confused about something though, why would the aliens have a plutonium mill? To produce and enrich a fuel because they're stranded?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Hey earth2,

Sorry for the King David temple comment but what I meant was King Solomon's temple in Jersaleum with the holiest of holies being allowed to view the Arc.
Whats your take on the rest of the 6 pyramids sitting along side of the great one.
Do you have any theories on these and dont forget the second biggest in the world is only yards away from the great one, were the rest possibly just storage facilities and I have to admit you have caught my eye with your theories, keep looking for the truth and you will find it, gwhint

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwhint

Whats your take on the rest of the 6 pyramids sitting along side of the great one.
Do you have any theories on these and dont forget the second biggest in the world is only yards away from the great one, were the rest possibly just storage facilities and I have to admit you have caught my eye with your theories, keep looking for the truth and you will find it, gwhint

The second pyramid was used for the melting and casting of the plutonium in the granite sarcophagus.

The third small pyramid, which had a more complex interior and was different from the other two bigger pyramids next to it, could have been used for the loading and unloading of fresh modules into the nuclear fission thermal engine's.
It was basically a place to fix and reload nuclear......stuff

Notice the chamber with the 6 niches which may have been used for storing of fresh modules. That way you were always prepared.

When needed, a fresh nuclear module would be taken from a niche, loaded into a wagon in the small chamber adjacent to the Burial Chamber, brought up the first sloping passage, passed through the security portcullis, and on up and out the Descending Passage. A used module with spent fuel might have been brought to the Third Pyramid for reprocessing or it may have been abandoned. If such a module were brought to the pyramid, it might have been brought to the Antechamber and taken around the sloping passage where it could have had spent fuel removed in the small pit within that room. The emptied module may then have been taken down the sloping passage to the Burial Chamber for refitting with fresh fuel. The spent fuel could then have been taken to the Great Pyramid for processing. The spent fuel would have enough remaining plutonium (less than 30%) to boost the nuclear breeding in the Sarcophagus in the King’s Chamber. This recycling is only a possibility.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
What do you mean by second and third Pyramids?

Gl-a and Gl-b at the base of Khufu's great pyramid?
Or are you referring to the two other large pyramids of Khafra and Menkaura?

Also, my textbooks say nothing of any "bottomless pit" below the subterrameam chamber. In fact they refer to it as an uncomplete chamber, the "abandoned throne room".

Another question; Why would they build the water inflow pipe at such a high point on the pyramid? It would be much more efficient to place it much further down, as it would require a lot of energy to pump the water that high up the wall.

Thinking even further on the water system, the amount of water the shafts could carry (20 cm by 20cm) would not be anywhere near enough to get a good flow through the chamber in which this nuclear material was supposedly being manufactured. The Kings Chamber was 5.2 meters accross. The Grand Gallery alone was 8.74 M high. A 20x20CM hole could not sustain the kind of flow that would be required for chambers that large. Lets even say the aliens did had some way to blast that water with the pressure required for a solid flow. This presents another problem. The pyramid was granite blocks packed together with gypsum mortar. With that kind of insane pressure, the mortar would blast out from between the blocks, and I would even go so far as to postulate that it could even move some of the granite blocks.

Also, why would the air shafts from the queens chamber be plugged with successive limestone plugs?

Why would aliens bury boats around their nuclear processing plant?

How would the queens room be accessed if water was flowing throughout the structure?

Why would the aliens build temples around their nuclear processing plants?

This article seems to be omitting several important pieces of information about the pyramids that don't fit in with its theory. This to me is one of the first signs of bad science. In my final judgment, I am going to have to go with possible but highly unlikely.

The source I used for this post was Kathryn A Bard's An Introduction to the Archeology of Ancient Egypt.

[edit on 8-12-2007 by WuTang]

[edit on 8-12-2007 by WuTang]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WuTang
What do you mean by second and third Pyramids?

Sorry, I mean the second large Pyramid Khafre and the third smaller pyramid Menkaure which stand next to the Great pyramid.

Also, my textbooks say nothing of any "bottomless pit" below the subterrameam chamber. In fact they refer to it as an uncomplete chamber, the "abandoned throne room".

Basically if water is pecolating out of the unfinished chamber into the deserts large sandy abyss you could kind of consider that a bottomless pit.
Think of it like a septic drainfill.

Another question; Why would they build the water inflow pipe at such a high point on the pyramid? It would be much more efficient to place it much further down, as it would require a lot of energy to pump the water that high up the wall.

Gravity is an efficient and very reliable means of pumping water at great pressure, reliable being more of a key word here. It would have taken high pressure to pump into the chamber. Ill bet your water going into your or one of your friends house is from an elevated water source.

Thinking even further on the water system, the amount of water the shafts could carry (20 cm by 20cm) would not be anywhere near enough to get a good flow through the chamber in which this nuclear material was supposedly being manufactured. .... A 20x20CM hole could not sustain the kind of flow that would be required for chambers that large.

From what ive read you could pump anywhere from 5000 to 8000 gpm, depending on the chambers pressure, through the vent.
20cmx20cm is basically an 8 inch pipe, you can pump a lot of water through an 8 inch pipe.

Lets even say the aliens did had some way to blast that water with the pressure required for a solid flow. This presents another problem. The pyramid was granite blocks packed together with gypsum mortar. With that kind of insane pressure, the mortar would blast out from between the blocks, and I would even go so far as to postulate that it could even move some of the granite blocks.

Think about that for a minute, there are tons and tons of pressure sitting on top of the granite blocks, where is the room for them to move even a cm? It would take an atomic explosion to push any of those blocks from where they sit.
And from what ive read the mortar was harder than the stone it was used on and hasnt been duplicated to date.

Also, why would the air shafts from the queens chamber be plugged with successive limestone plugs?

Wasnt every hole in the Great Pyramid plugged? Which kinda would make sense, seems like thats what you would do with an out of service nuclear facility.

Why would aliens bury boats around their nuclear processing plant?

I never said that. And the people that buried the boat may not be connected to the people that built the pyramid.

How would the queens room be accessed if water was flowing throughout the structure?

It wasnt flooded, just draining. I dont think it took as much water as it required pressure.

Why would the aliens build temples around their nuclear processing plants?

Who said aliens built temples around there nuclear processing plant?

Hey thanks for the questions Wutang, this is how the pyramid riddle will be solved, by asking questions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join