It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Taser is Going Wireless!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   

The Taser is Going Wireless!

www.blacklistednews.com

the Taser has been turned into a kind of self-contained shotgun shell and can be fired, wire-free, from a standard shotgun, which police typically have in their arsenal already.

The first electrode hooks on to the target, the second electrode falls and makes contact elsewhere on the body, completing the circuit and activating the shock. It can blast someone as far as 30 metres away, and, unlike the current stun guns, whose shock lasts five seconds, the XREP lasts 20 seconds, enough time to ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/12/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Just what everybody was hoping for! :shk:

Well, now that "special guns" don't have to be bought by law enforcement to "tase" somebody, I'm sure we will see an increase of incidents where tasers are used.

They have also come up with a 'taser" system called "Shockwave" for "area denial" where they can stack or chain together a sytem that can shock multiple people at once. This is a quote from the article, "What if you could drop everyone in a given area to the ground with the simple push of a button?" asks a dramatic promotional video for the "Shockwave."
I can see this being used against protesters and such already!

Unfortunately, this will probably also increase the incidents of deaths and abuse due to this new 'taser" technology.

www.blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/12/07 by Keyhole]

apc

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I wish I could say this with confidence, but I think it is fortunate that these shells most likely will not be deployed in anywhere near as many instances as the handheld units are. Cops don't usually carry their shotgun up to the window during a traffic stop. They'll be used in cases where beanbag rounds or rubber bullets are already used. However it's only a matter of time before it's miniaturized.

But this other technology referenced in the report... holy crap.

Taser isn't the only company developing electrical stun weapons. Indiana-based Xtreme Alternative Defense Systems has, in a prototype phase, a futuristic weapon that sends out a streak of lightning, apparently by projecting an ionized gas or ionizing the air itself with a laser, which conducts the electricity forward. The technology could potentially also be used to disable vehicles and, in the future, to help militaries neutralize incoming rocket propelled grenades.

Check these people out... www.xtremeads.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Oh crap!
what if they "accidentally" put too big of a charge in the shell? that thing would go thru the first guy and shock his buddy!

top topics

join