It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PotC: At the World's End - First 3 minutes shows hangings, including a child singing at the gallows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
If you havn't seen this movie, don't bother.

In the first 3 minutes, it shows a man reading a parchment stating that all rights have been revoked. It shows men and women being hanged without trial, council, or anything of the sort. Then, to make matters worse, they show a child standing at the gallows about to be hung, but singing.

I turned it off, as it came across to me as a terrible, and monstrous thing to show in a childrens movie. I would highly suggest to all to see this for yourselves to judge what they are attempting to portray, and as for me I'll be getting my free rental for it.

Anyone else get this impression?

-Knight

If in the wrong place, please move.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It isn't a kids movie.
It is a teen to adult movie, hence the PG-13 rating.
I believe all 3 but def. the last two had this rating. Not trying to argue, just saying. Just because it is a Disney movie does not mean that it is a kids movie. That decision is still up to the parents as to whether or not to let them watch. For now anyway.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It's a thinly-veiled reference to what a horrible thing Bush's crackdown against the Constitution has been in recent years. Furthermore, I agree that it is not a children's movie. Watch the whole thing, I highly recommend it.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Knightshadowz...
Then, to make matters worse, they show a child standing at the gallows about to be hung, but singing.

I turned it off, as it came across to me as a terrible, and monstrous thing to show in a childrens movie. I would highly suggest to all to see this for yourselves to judge what they are attempting to portray,...

Oddly enough for an otherwise fantastical, non-historically accurate film they were portraying something which did actually happen in the history of pirates. Children who were involved with them were prosecuted and hanged the same as adults.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by MaatiHemet]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
All three are PG-13, not a kiddie movie. Duh.

Anyways, love these movies, the lines, the jokes, I mean much better then say, Shrek Series. In 5 years the jokes in Shrek will be old, not gotten. Pirates Series? The jokes aren't based off of say, R Kelly or Spears but are funny. Seeing Depp sailing up to the docks on a magnificent ship only... to have it be sunk by the time he gets to the docks, lol.

top topics

join