It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China using "soft entry" tactics to subvert the U.S.?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   

The investment will be Intel's another aggressive move in China shortly after it set up a large scale chip plant two months ago in Dalian, a port city in northeast China's Liaoning Province, with a total of investment of USD 2.5 billion. (typo left from article

www.tradingmarkets.com...

There is more out there that can be dug up about Intel, even just using GoogleNews.

But to set the scene, consider the above as the current state of affairs. This is where we currently are...backpage notifications and discussions in obscure journals.

Many here have heard of the Minot Incident? If not, review this link:

www.tradingmarkets.com...

(thank you Azchuck for providing this wonderful link and discussion in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... ).

So, what we have is Chinese microchips ending up in government computers. This has already BEEN happening, as the Intel plant didn't roll out in production until about two months ago (and there is a new one being built, with an entire city being built to support it...gotta love Chinese efficiency).

Then, we start seeing all the headlines. I won't bother to post links. You all know what i am referring to: poisoned pet foods, lead in packaging and toys, harmful chemicals in toothpaste. I am half tempted to take a geiger counter into the local dollar store just to see what else might be in those Chinese goods.

Considering all that we are seeing, one has to wonder what is going on? We have invested considerable amounts of effort into outsourcing. It hasn't been a big deal as long as it was manufacturing, as it allowed more Americans to get involved in business and technology sectors. But now technology is moving offshore, too. And when this happens, business follows.

Has China figured out the formula? Are they weakening us via a spread attack? Our health (primarily our children) is being attacked, among other things.

This is particularly chilling when you consider the words of Gary McKinnon, the NASA hacker:

[ex]"Once you're on the network, you can do a command called NetStat - Network Status - and it lists all the connections to that machine. There were hackers from Denmark, Italy, Germany, Turkey, Thailand ..."

"All on at once?" I ask. "You could see hackers from all over the world, snooping around, without the spaceniks or the military realising?"

"Every night," he says, "for the entire five to seven years I was doing this."

"Do you think they're still there? Are they still at it? Or have they been arrested, too?"

Gary says he doesn't know.

ex]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

bigfatfurrytexan
WIth a Smile is what I have been saying for years, is how China will beat us, not by war but with a smile and I have first hand experience with their abilities. They work like ants in an ant colony "All for One and One for All"
We worked for the love of money and they worked for rice, so how can you beat the bartering system when it takes place in other countries, they have struck deals with. Ask any Italians about the Chinese and they regret opening the doors to them now, but it's to late. But can you blame the Chinese for wanting more, they must feed 1.6 billion, but dont quote me on this number its just a guess, the question is how much more before it goes to their heads, remember they are communists after all is said and done and it seems we as America always needs an enemy, right. gwhint

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gwhint

They cannot wage war. They lack the technology. They DO have the money and labor force capable of turning Coke into Pepsi (they could field a reasonable military force more quickly than any other nation, i bet). But their current capabilities are not so strong.

This is smart. You may not believe it to be so, but it is. They have plenty of cannon fodder to fight a ground based war and overwhelm most nations with sheer numbers. Their "homeland" is reasonably safe. So, this is the conundrum for them. They cannot mobilize a military force but want a bigger piece of the American Pie.

I have a saying at work: You can either execute, or you can execute successfully. They are prodigous at successful execution. Maybe this is what is needed to make the world a better place.

Chang-an said "If one befriends another, but lacks the mercy to correct him, one is not his friend, but rather his enemy". No, i don't like the idea of China getting more of our pie. But, perhaps their influence will make us better.

Most of you remember Japan and their soft entry tactics. It created severe agitation among the American blue collar workers. Now, look at them...more efficient and making a cheaper more reliable product. Imagine that.

I don't know....I am very worried about China.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Your on the right path, so are you running for office, if not, then go for it.
I would hate to face an enemy at any border that has a 600 million man army, wouldn't you. Yes their country is positioned very well but sorry for their enemies and if they get big headed, like I think they will, what neighbor will pay for their arrogance and will we come to the aid of this new war thats coming.
I want you to know they do have carbon copied electronics equipment imbedded in other countries systems as I said I know for a fact. So to eliminate such a giant sleeping bear do you use the bomb, I shutter at the thought and to think they are doing their new worldly work in other countries for rice etc. scary ha, thanks for your post, gwhint

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
In another example of China being allowed access to top secret assets (cross posting from another of my threads, due to relevance here):

I have spent some time talking about Dr. Baker. While i wait to address the email to Dr. Koczor, i thought i might expand on the work of Dr. Baker.

High-Frequency Gravitational Waves

If we can generate ripples in Einstein's fabric of space-time, then many applications become available to us. Some examples include:

1. Multi-channel communications (both point to point and point to multipoint through all material things – the ultimate wireless system). One could communicate directly through the Earth from New York to Beijing, China without the need for fiber optic cables, microwave relays, or satellite transponders – antennas, cables, and phone lines would be things of the past!

2. A remote means for causing perturbations to the motion of objects such as missiles (anything from bullets to ICBMs), spacecraft, rogue comets or minor planets, land or water vehicles or craft – a totally new propulsion system!

3. Remote coalescing of clouds of hazardous vapors, radioactive dust, etc. by changing the gravitational field in their vicinity.

4. The potential for through-earth or through-water “X-rays” in order to observe subterranean structures, geological formations (such as oil deposits), create a transparent ocean, view three-dimensional building interiors, buried devices, etc.; and

5. The potential for remotely disrupting the gravitational field in a specific region of space and even producing nuclear reactions there!"
- Dr. Robert Baker

There are further pieces of information related to this article (which basically summarizes his work during calendar year 2006):

www.americanantigravity.com...

www.americanantigravity.com...

I am sure just about anyone would agree that netting even one of the above capabilities would make the research worthwhile. There are things that he has not discussed that could likely be far more worthwhile.

Consider the implications of being able to transmit data at lightspeed, without wires? The only thing that would be superior would be the proposed "Entangled Photon" approach to ultra secure communications.

Since 2006, Dr. Baker's worked has pushed forward with all impetus, as this 2007 video (announcing a new HFGW detector) shows:

Google Video Link

His research (as part of Gravwave, LLC) is closely tied to the current Chinese efforts. Keep in mind, he is associated with Lockheed Martin (listing Buzz Aldrin as a business partner on his website, www.gravwave.com) as well as a professor, running the preeminent HGFW research department in American (and possibly world) academia at UCal - Berkely.

The below video is a 16 minute presentation (I believe you can find the .ppt in an .mht format on his website) discussing the China endeavor. He shows a lab in China, stating "the amount of money that they are willing to spend on this research is staggering".

Google Video Link

There is an extensive bio on him here: www.drrobertbaker.com...

But some highlights include:

...While on a two-year tour of active duty in the Air Force he worked on a variety of classified aerospace projects...

...was appointed to the Academic Review Committee on Gravitational Research with the U. S. Army from 2001 to 2003...

...Advisory Professor Chongqing University, China 2004...

...Dr. Baker has been Project Manager on three prototype development, fabrication, and test projects under contract to the U. S. Navy and Principal Investigator on several NASA and USAF projects while Director of Lockheed’s Astrodynamic Research Center

This is certainly a lead that I will be watching. I can't be the only one who finds it interesting that we are allowing this man to work so closely with China. If you look on his website there are pictures of him laughing during a meal on a boat in China. You can see the local peasants paddling by.

And this guy worked on classified projects? Did we forget about the Chinese at Los Alamos?

new topics

top topics

join