It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Video - Has This One Been Debunked Yet?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
Reply to internos:

(why isn't my reply key working?! Grrr)

Try with right click and "open in a new window"

How will we know the real onw when we see it? That's really the point I am trying to make. Heck, even without CGI. A real UFO could fly over the Superbowl and half the people would think it was a hologram or something.

But as I said, I do agree with you that this is probably not the "real deal." Furthermore, I don't think you would be the sort who was still in denial about UFO's if one landed on your house. May the truth find you if you want it to.

As there are blind believers, there are blind skeptikal too, i couldn't agree more: i've opened a thread about a sighting in Parma, Italy, with hundreds of witnesses, two videos a long exposure pic and newspapers articles: it has even been spectacular, imho.
But i admit that something more should happen, and i HOPE it will. The people who makes the Hoaxes damages the reliability of the whole UFO community. It's our own task to debunk the hoaxes if we want to be taken seriously, imho. Anyway, i think that it's a matter of time ...

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by amitheone

That's an interesting point. I've wondered that before as well. However the propulsion systems could have something to do with that.
As some have theorized, most u.f.o's use a anti gravity generator of sorts to produce a strong enough electromagnetic field to achieve lift. The power requirements for something like this are astonoshing, according to our understanding of the laws of physics.
Many people have speculated as to why there are lights "on them saucers". Personally I believe it is an effect caused by ionization of the atmosphere and other gases there in, due to the presence of a highly charged electrical field. Which brings me to my point. Certain gases and elements found in our atmosphere burn at different temperatures and colors. In order for this to happen the surrounding air around the craft would in turn heat up. Heat up to a point that the medium(air) that is being used to send a sound wave would be distorted or not exist.
That's my two cents anyway, for what it's worth.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq

Many people have speculated as to why there are lights "on them saucers". Personally I believe it is an effect caused by ionization of the atmosphere and other gases there in, due to the presence of a highly charged electrical field. Which brings me to my point. Certain gases and elements found in our atmosphere burn at different temperatures and colors. In order for this to happen the surrounding air around the craft would in turn heat up.
That's my two cents anyway, for what it's worth.

I agree, about the lights, and all your construction is logical imho: the fact that they appears with lights is not a valid point in order to debunk a sighting by himselfs, since what we see as "light" may just have the same appearance but totally different purposes.
Of course, when the lights colors and configuration are the same of an ordinary airplane, that's another matter (see example)

[edit on 5/12/2007 by internos]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
For years everyone debunked UFO's because no one had a really good picture. Now everything gets debunked 'cause it's too good. Has anyone proven this to be a fake? Has someone come forward claiming to be the artist? Has data corruption been proven?

I like it anyway.

All you have to do is read the Descriptions on Youtube.. most of the fake ones are explained by the people who created them.

Take for instance, thge Hati UFO series of Films.

They are all CGI "not just the ships", but the entire scene.

However it still fooled many, many people who dodn't bother to read the description.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

It is true that there is a lot of fakery, much of it not even really intended to be a true hoax even. My point really, as I posted earlier, is that one day we will get a very clear picture of the real deal but will dismiss it because it is "too good."

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq

As some have theorized, most u.f.o's use a anti gravity generator of sorts to produce a strong enough electromagnetic field to achieve lift. The power requirements for something like this are astonoshing, according to our understanding of the laws of physics.
Many people have speculated as to why there are lights "on them saucers". Personally I believe it is an effect caused by ionization of the atmosphere and other gases there in, due to the presence of a highly charged electrical field. Which brings me to my point. Certain gases and elements found in our atmosphere burn at different temperatures and colors. In order for this to happen the surrounding air around the craft would in turn heat up. Heat up to a point that the medium(air) that is being used to send a sound wave would be distorted or not exist.

Ionization produces lightning flash and sound. The sound that you hear is produced by rapid heating of the surrounding air. A very strong electromagnetic field will cause EMI (Electro Magnetic Interference) which will interfere with sensitive electronic equipments. With such a strong electromagnetic energy, it will produce an electro magnetic pulse.

A UFO equipped with such technologies should be able to exhibit such characteristics.

The UFO on the video did not exhibit the following:

1. Lighting flashes.
2. Thunder sound due to the rapid heating of the surrounding air.
3. Electro Magnetic Interference - no static was seen on the video.
4. No sonic boom was produced when it zipped out of sight. With such energy produced to enable it to zip out of sight instantly will produce a short electro magnetic pulse which will result in irreversible damage to a wide range of electrical and electronic equipment, particularly computers and radio or radar receivers.

Explosively pumped flux compression generators are popular as power sources for electronic warfare devices known as transient electromagnetic devices that generate an electromagnetic pulse without the costs and side effects of a nuclear weapon. They also can be used to accelerate objects to extreme velocities, and compress objects to very high pressures and densities; this gives them a role as a physics research tool.

en.wikipedia.org...

With all these in mind, if you are able to witness a genuine UFO, better make sure your electronic device is well shielded as well as your vehicle if you are running after it. Look for any power cables or transformers sparking or street lights flickering.

Equip yourself with a hand cranked 1930's movie camera and ford T1 model car. These are impervious to EMP's and EMI's.

Those eye witnesses accounts are much more reliable because they describe events very characteristic of an electro magnetic reaction. They describe their cars being not able to start, headlights turned off suddenly, strong static on the radio and the street lights flickering. They describe being thrown off characteristics of a shock wave being created by rapidly expanding air.

This is much reliable because it can be explained scientifically.

[edit on 6-12-2007 by amitheone]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I agree with your post up to point.

Ionization produces lightning flash and sound.

That is true in the case of lightning strikes and such, but not always. The reason you see the lightning and hear the thunder is because the ionized air/atmosphere has made itself a pathway to ground. Clompleting the "circuit". However it is possible to energize the air where the capacitance is such that it produces a glowing effect and does not produce an arc.
Examples such as St elmos fire, Aroura Borialis, and freak occurences with ball lightning and such are examples. Another proper description would be a Corona. This can be seen in Lifter technology

though there is a pathway to ground represented here to achieve the glow, the capacitance is such that there is no thunder and no lightning.

And by the way I am not trying to authenticate the video. And I agree with the rest of your post. Especially this

Equip yourself with a hand cranked 1930's movie camera and ford T1 model car. These are impervious to EMP's and EMI's.

That's a good one

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join