It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orb pics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Hi all,

I've been lurking around here for a few years but never posted until now.
Story behind this pic is that this house is where my mum grew up and lived with my grandparents for on 30 years. My granpa and Granma passed away about 2 months ago and 3 years ago respectively.

My mum decided to snap a couple of photos of the old house. And these strange circles appeared in one photo. None of the others. It was a clear night, no dust, no rain nothing. My granpa was a mechanic, and did the majority of his work out of the garage you see near the large circle here, and my nan was very much a homecarer, as you can see the small circle in the window. I ruled out street light reflection, as you can clearly see the reflections in the window.

Any help or ideas on what this could be would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Sorry here is the link:
Link to Orb? pic

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
There's a reflection coming from the car. And was there a breeze? If there was a breeze, then it's likely there was some kinda dust. It may have been an insect. Even if it is an orb, it could just be a random ball of energy, and nothing important.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Apparently no breeze or anything. Totally clear and quiet night. Out of about 10 shots, this is the only one with the anomoly.
Excuse my ignorance, but what do you mean by ball of energy? Im relatively new to all this.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Just a reflection from the car or the camera lens. Or dust.

Sorry to say this, but this picture is nothing special.

And you have to be very careful with orbs, most of the time they are mere reflections and/or dust particles and bugs.

It's rare to ever catch a real orb made of energy on camera or video.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Also there is 2. One above garage, and one in window. Clearly different to the reflection of street lamps. Funny thing is, when I played around with the effects of the pic, they have clear black lines around them in a near perfect circle.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tattoo79

I just noticed the faint orbs to the left above the garage I think it is. I can't give any conclusive statements on these, but if you could post a link showing these black lines around the orbs, it would help us determine what these things could be.

So far, I'm not impressed that they are of paranormal happenings, but I know that all you want is to know what these lights are.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tattoo79

More a reflection from the camera flash than from an external source. There are quite a few reflections off the car.

The thing that stands out to me are the hubcaps. The angle between each "orb" and the nearest hubcap appears identical.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Thanks for the investigation guys, here is the link to manipulated photo.
img525.imageshack.us...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I'm still of the opinion that orbs are just reflections. They really didn't appear until the digital age. One member did an experiment. He took a photo of a chair in his house, then beat the chair a bit get some dust in the air and sure enough, in the second photo there were orbs.

Earlier this year I was staying in a hotel room and took a few pic's when I first arrived. I got an orb.

Here is a close up:

I'm not saying all orbs are dust, hell it could be ball lightning for all I know.

I'm just saying they are so common now I'm really skeptical of the thought that they are paranormal.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Orbs are a misunderstood phenomena. I've studied them for nearly 4 years. Orbs are a collection of spiritual energy. With the gift of second sight, you can see the spirits that appear within them. Sometimes one...sometimes more.

One Truth

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ReginaAdonna

So the camera has second sight as well?

The wonders of modern technology!

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I guess I don't have second site. It still just looks like a reflection of dust to me

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Not really an orb, but it wasn't there when I took the picture...

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
good lord... does anyone watch t.v... lol hahah this was on montel a while back silvia brown, and yes i know most of you know who the hell im talking about.

okie anyways, orbs of light ( they can bee seen in practily anything pics etc.) they are angels.. somtimes they hang out. and some tiems their there to protect you from somthing harm ful... you haven't had any demons around lately.. have you? hehe.

anyways, shiny orbs of light are angels and thats how they turn out to the human eye. and yes they can also be full body "ghosts" and paranormal things like that.. blah blah blah there angels

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Orbs are angels huh?
According to my studies, Orbs are souls of the departed.
ghoststudy.com...

To tell the diffrence between a bug, dust and an actual orb, is when the Orb is looked at closely, you can see colors, or a nuclus. Dust is just white, and when you look at a bug up close, you can tell it's a bug.

here:
www.myspace.com...

There are pictures of Orbs and Light Anonomalies that my group photographer took on an Investigation at a local "haunted" Cemetery. This is an abandoned Cemetery, that has 79 unmarked graves, hence why we were there.

join