It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Knight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Has anyone gotten into the current run of Moon Knight?

Like so many other older characters or teams (The New Warriors), Marvel has done a sort of revamp on these characters. I know I'm a little late with this one, seeing as the series started well over a year ago, but I just recently got into it around issue 8.

I have every issue for the current run, and with the exeption of issue 13, I've really liked what they've done with him so far.

The series is getting a new artist and writer for issues 14 and on, so I'm anxious to see what direction they take him in.

Here's the wiki link for Moon Knight if you don't know who he is, or want to catch up to what is currently going on.

Moon Knight

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I collected the first 5 issues and things didn't seem to be going anywhere so I dropped it.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The "Midnight Son" story arc was really good!

I'd suggest picking it back up, if anything, to read that. Who knows, you might want to pick the series back up!

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   
As for the character plot on Moon Knight ... ummm.... I'm not that into it ...... but I loved the arc that was penciled by David Finch
. I'm thinkin' about gettin' all the issues of that run .....

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
You know, when I started reading it, I just grabbed because Spidey was in that particular issue. After I started reading it however, I really started to like it!

If you get a chance, you should really pick up the entire run thus far, I really think you'd dig it!

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Valdimer

Howdy bro
....... I'll go check it out tommorow and see how good it is ........ hope ya have a good night/day

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hey, right on man!

If you have a choice in the issue you pick up, start with the first issue.

Let me know what you think of it!

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
He could be the white dressed Batman if they put their minds to it but I guess he needs some good stories and some good art to get a not so well known character a life line. He could be okay in a movie the attraction being that he is new to watch for some people.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You know, I've heard that alot.

"Moon Knight is just like Batman except he's dressed in white."

Yea, you could say that. Sure, they're both gazillionares, have nifty gadgets and contraptions, they hunt the evil doers in the night, and are dark and mysterious. I think that as thier super hero personas (Batman and Moon Knight) there are huge similarites, but when it comes down to Mark Spector and Bruce Wayne, there is no comparison. Bruce Wayne and Mark Spector are two totally different people. Bruce is determined, but I think Mark is borderline crazy, lol.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Yeah, Mark Spector is a nutjob

Speaking of making a Moon Knight movie, there were talks of making a TV show.

Moon Knight to be a Live Action TV Series.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
While reading Ultimate Spidey, Moon Night made a few appearances. I don't know how close it is to the original storyline, but interesting none the less. He's portrayed as schizophrenic with multiple personalities, including a little girl, Moon Night, his rich counterpart and someone else. He eventually goes nuts in one issue and beats the crap out of Daredevil I think.

That's about the most I know about Moon Night.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Wow !!!

Didn't know there were other
comic fans here !!

I have the '80s Moonknight run.
Original series, I think.

I'm a total DareDevil freak,
myself.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The run that really got me in to Moon Knight was the Round Robin series in The Amazing Spiderman. (Don't quote me on this, but I think it started in issue #353 and went until 358, right before Carnage)

When I saw Moon Knight, I was very entralled by his character. Sure, it was 90's comic dialouge, but I thought he was the coolest thing next to Spidey at that time.

After that run was over, I never really saw him again, save for an issue here or there, until earlier this year, when I discovered his new series.

*Edit to add correct issue run of that storyline*

[edit on 28-12-2007 by Valdimer]

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Umbrax

That would be a show I'd definatly watch!

I know he was mentioned in passing in the Blade TV series, but that was it. I think they were hinting toward him maybe appearing later in the series, but with it being cancelled, I don't think that is going to happen.

Hopefully the TV show for Moon Knight will go forward! If they do it right, it could be very very awesome!

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, the MoonKnight
run I have is from the 80's.

Might have to dig out my boxes.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valdimer
You know, when I started reading it, I just grabbed because Spidey was in that particular issue. After I started reading it however, I really started to like it!

If you get a chance, you should really pick up the entire run thus far, I really think you'd dig it!

reminds me of the time that wolverine appeared on the cover of a Ghostrider comic (90's run) and in very small letters at the bottom right it stated "wolverine makes no appearance in this issue"

the new run looks interesting.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The issue of Moon Knight I grabbed had Spidey in it for the first two pages.

I felt kinda jipped at first, but fell in love with the comic after that.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I had some Moon Knights from the 80's in my old (sadly lost) collection while I was growing up.

The difference between Moon Knight and Batman is that Batman is a focused sociopath, and Moon Knight is a borderline skitzophrenic. Theres also all that supernatural Egyptian God stuff in the mix with MK, whereas Batman has never had any kind of "other world" abilities whatsoever.

Oh yeah, Batman refuses to kill whilst Moon Knight just couldn't care less.

I always wanted DC and Marvel to do a MK/Batman crossover. Would be so damn cool.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
That would be the coolest thing ever!

A Moon Knight and Batman crossover?

With the post Civil War Moon Knight, I think that would honestly be (if it was written and drawn correctly) one of the best crossovers to ever happen.

top topics

join