It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wake Vortex

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
the wake vortex:

Wake turbulence is turbulence that forms behind an aircraft as it passes through the air. This turbulence includes various components, the most important of which are wingtip vortices and jetwash. Jetwash refers simply to the rapidly moving gasses expelled from a jet engine; it is extremely turbulent, but of short duration. Wingtip vortices, on the other hand, are much more stable and can remain in the air for up to two minutes after the passage of an aircraft. Wingtip vortices make up the primary and most dangerous component of wake turbulence. Wake turbulence is especially hazardous during the landing and take off phases of flight, for two reasons. The first is that during take-off and landing, aircraft operate at low speeds and high angle of attack. This flight attitude maximizes the formation of dangerous wingtip vortices. Secondly, takeoff and landing are the times when a plane is operating closest to its stall speed and to the ground - meaning there is little margin for recovery in the event of encountering another aircraft's wake turbulence.
en.wikipedia.org...

So why was there no disturbance in the smoke after the plane hit the building?
The smoke rises normaly without being disturbed by the plane that hit the building at more than 500 mph and should have caused air disturbance and wing tip vortices.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The vortex is shed from the wing tips, away from the wing. The smoke rises upward.

The smoke rises up and away from the impact, the vortex sheds away from the wing. (away from the building, and below the smoke.)

Also keep in mind that the vortex would be subject to wind whipping around the building, and casue them to be blended into the wind stream around the building.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
the wing tip vortices are very strong and can remain for over a minute , the smoke should have been sucked by that vortex creating something identical to this upload.wikimedia.org... but the smoke from the entrance hole reacted exacrly like the smoke from the exit hole on the other side of the tower , the smoke was not even minimally disturbed

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The wake vortex would have been very minimal compared to the pressure wave of the resulting explosion. By the time any smoke was rising from the impact site, the disturbance caused by the wingtips would have since disipated. The other poster was right too that the vortex will move out from the wings and more importantly, DOWN. Since the smoke is rising, there really wouldn't be any opportunity for the two to interact.

Is this another attempt to say there weren't any planes on 9/11? This is really reaching.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by StudioGuy

have you watched the videos of the impact? the smoke goes below the point of impact and doesnt seems disturbed on the videos , the same goes to the debries.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dracodie

My question would still stand as to whether this is an attempt to prove some no-plane theory. If it is, then there's plenty of evidence on the forum that debunks all of that.

If your question is really one of curiosity about the reaction of debris or smoke/dust to the wake vortex, I guess you'd have to deduce from watching the videos that the lack of reaction is proof that the aircraft didn't generate enough vortex in that area to create a disturbance. Afterall, the wake vortex is, well...it's in the WAKE of the aircraft, which is behind it in terms of forward momentum.

The wake vortex is not an irresistible force. The pressure from the explosion would have disrupted its pattern and likely rendered it nill.

This doesn't strike me as any sort of smoking-gun revelation, but I'm not too clear as to what you're claiming either, so it's hard to tell.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

actually i kind of suport the no plane theory , based on the witnesses reports , but this thread was just for curiosity
now i think its probable that the pressure from the explosion disrupted the wake vortex created by the plane

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dracodie

actually i kind of suport the no plane theory , based on the witnesses reports , but this thread was just for curiosity
now i think its probable that the pressure from the explosion disrupted the wake vortex created by the plane

If you support the no-plane theory, then where would the wake vortex come from?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If you support the no plane theory...then why on earth are you asking about wing-tip vorticies because there would be no plane - no wings or wing tips, hence no vorticies.

Dorian Soran

[ edit to add ] Garsh Darn it all to heck...Studio Guy beat me to it! - Nevermind

[edit on 6-12-2007 by Dorian Soran]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
i suport the no plane theory that suports that there were no comercial planes , but instead there was a small aircraft or a missile that hit the tower

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
you seem to be supporting disinfo. there were definitely planes that hit those buildings.

john lear has been fed some well placed dis-info! I doubt he means harm, just reporting what he hears.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dracodie
So why was there no disturbance in the smoke after the plane hit the building?

Well if you think thats bad what kind of turbulence do you think the plane at the Pentagon should have casued?

A 757 going about 500 mph just several feet off the ground, you should have a lot more types of turbulence.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

not according to he eyewitnesses , and a thing that i always kepp asking myself is why do the few witnesses that say it was a comercial airplane act so hysterical , and the ones that say that it was a small aircraft act normaly , not overreacting

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
i know this post comes a litlle late but i have been seing videos about the wake vortex , and i have seen some in wich the plane drops napalm , and you can see very strong vortex forming on the napalm
br.youtube.com...

[edit on 26-3-2008 by dracodie]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I've thought about this before myself. A plane going at 500 mph hit the pentagoon outer wall, explodes and continues on through 3 rings and disappears. Now the explosion goes up and out, opposite to the planes direction. I always wondered why the explosion didn't follow the path of the plane, as the plane didn't come to complete stop shouldn't the explosion have moved with it?

Along with that, lack of any reasonable plane debris other than token parts, the lack of damage consistent with a massive aircraft impact, witnesses contradicting the flight path, the near impossibility of the claimed flight path, the confiscation of video, the obviously weak investigations, the lies, the slip ups, I can only come to one logical conclusion; there was NO PLANE at the pentagoon...

Edit; Just watched that vid ^. Great example with the napalm of what I was thinking, not only the vortex but the exploding napalm moving along with the exploding tank as the 757's explosion should have.

[edit on 26/3/2008 by ANOK]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by indierockalien
you seem to be supporting disinfo. there were definitely planes that hit those buildings.

No planes is not disinfo and what has John Lear have to do with it?

The 'no plane' is a logical conclusion after researching what evidence is known.

If you can find a 757 at the pentagoon I'd love to see it, and no I'm not talking about the token spare parts that were found, and the clean piece of skin sitting on the undamaged pentagoon lawn.

top topics

join