It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not me???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by humanunnaki

I believe I have spent a lot of time looking in the sky. Esp in the last 4 years, as I have lived in Alaska and well the location is perfect for sky watching. Plus im always watching jets in the sky, because I live on a military base.

I have gone camping a zillion times too. So its not like I have lied my life inside my home watching TV.

If I look to the sky any more then I do....well, I will end up face down on the ground. Know what I mean? :LOL:

I take pictures of the sky here soooo much. Its hard to explain, but here in Alaska, the air is so crisp and clear - that its almost a crime to not "live" outdoors.
It appears like the star, the moon, etc etc are soooo much closer then in the lower 48. Then there are the northern lights....i have dozens and dozens of pictures of them.

My point being. I never just keep my eyes to the ground
I dont live in a box....

I have lived all over the country. I have lived in the city, I have lived in the country, in the mountains, in flat areas. I have visted other countries a number of times.

I have never dis-believed...more like just unsure. Like "there could be" "there might not be".

I dont necessary look for this stuff.........but really....how often do all these people who claim to see things. It seems most are caught off guard.

So, with all that said [again - LOL] I guess it is just an odds thing....like playing the lottery.

Anyways, thanks again for the responses and allowing me to get this out and figure out............why not me?!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
For some reason, all of my UFOs turn into IFOs like Satellites--those things shimmer from red to green and can't sit still in the night sky--I guess I can see two of them from my back porch from the same position every night in the Fall. I've seen one during the day due North--it was silvery and caught the sun.

I love staring at the sky from the hot tub and just listen to the quiet night, watching the stars, seeing the usual constellations and wondering, "If the universe is so big, why hasn't anyone come around to see me yet?" I'd make a great interplanetary penpal.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Even though I saw something and I was hoping someone else would answer my post but no. I have also seen something supernatural and I must say that of both of the strange things I have seen I was NOT looking or expecting anything. I guess seeing is believing but I probly would not believe anyone else, even my wife, had I not seen something myself years ago. And there is no closure to it. I will probly die not ever knowing what the heck was in the sky that day. And I cannot tell just anyone about it either. And its a bummer that so many people, even on this site, try to make a mockery of true sightings. I especially hate the fake ufo vids. Really stupid.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I don't know either, I think it depends on location and.... ok i just don't know.

I've always wanted to catch something, i'd be on ATS in a second posting what I have up here. It would be so fun.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Optical Illusions

I think that may explain a lot. Play around on that website for awhile. It's amazing how easily fooled the human eye can be. We learned in Science class the importance of taking measurements because your eyes alone can't always be trusted. I think when you are looking off into space, with the different gases in the atmosphere and among the infinite amount of things your eyes could possibly be perceiving from that glance into the heavens, I wouldn't be surprised if you saw weird or unknown things. The average person probably knows more commonly about "UFO's" than they do about Optical Phenomena that they almost naturally confirm it as a UFO or other life. I think most UFO sightings are tricks of the eyes and all in the head. However, I do not doubt there is life out there, understanding a little bit of just how big the universe actually is, logically there is nearly 0% chance that there is no other life out there. Also considering, until we confirm human-like or superior intelligent life forms within our solar system, I will continue to be skeptical about Alien invaders and Abductions.

Even if there is intelligent life out there, the distances between our worlds are too great for realistic travel.

The closest star to our beloved sun is approximately 4.2 light-years away. Traveling at the fastest speed anything could possibly travel in the universe, it would still take 4.2 years to get here. The odds are too few. Maybe that's why you haven't seen any "UFO's" because, chances are, there probably aren't any for us to see. (I've had one UFO experience when I was probably about 7 years old.... it could have been anything that a child's imagination turned it into UFO)

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
well,the extra terrestrial craft and thier occupants are of such an advanced nature that they are in complete control of who sees them,they know exactly who is and is watching at any given moment in which they allow themselves to be observed.

why not you?,i dont know...thier pattern seems to be random except for chosen encounters with highly enlightened folks.perhaps its who you know?.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I too have never seen a UFO.
When I was little, actually I was kneeling down, I thought I saw a puddy-cat... er I digress, I thought I saw something to the west of my house.

The sun was going down, as Elton says and it was zero hours, 9pm and I think I'm gonna be a long, long time.
A silent shape moved across the horizon and I watched with hooded eyes at it's passing. Then I realised, with the wings and the tail showing, and of course, the Virgin logo on the side that it may be a aeroplane.

I was astonished to see some balloons float by and somewhere far off, I could hear a voice calling "I have a brother?"
I've a friend, a special friend who reckons he's seen UFO's.
I call him crewman No.6 or Guy, Elton also wrote a song about him, but he's so vain, he probably thinks this song is about him.

If I think on, I'll post some of his pictures, and maybe some of his UFO's.
I once asked him, "did you get your precious photos?" he replied that you're not helping.
I was astounded and responded "what do you mean... not helping" he went of into a tirade about a turtle in the desert or something.
£5... the cheque's in the mail.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by IronMan

your funny!

screw the one line rule!

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Hi Green Eyes,

I know this sounds insane. But take your digi cam out at nite and haphazardly use the flash at the sky. And wait. Pulled up a red orb that way one time that came by for a looksy.

Thanks again for the way cool avatar.
John
P.S. Be careful what you wish for though. It is a life changing event. Gleason was driven mad when Nixon took him to see some alien bodies after a golf outing and some drinking.

[edit on 2-3-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
You are not alone, my friend. Star and flag from a fellow "non-seeing believer". I have often asked myself that same question, especially since it seems to be such an active time right now. With that said, I have the upmost respect for those who have not seen but yet believe, and a little jealousy for those who have been so lucky as to have had such an awesome experience. And I do mean lucky, I don't think they pick and choose us, that's just my opinion.

Continue to be patient, continue to be wise. Maybe we are the lucky ones, to have the gift of discernment, and as an earlier poster put it, when we do see and we do speak, they will listen.

greeneyedleo, on a completely different note, could you please visit the following thread:

Going to Fairbanks to view aurora...advice?

Being that you live(d) in Alaska, I would love your input. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I think seeing ufos is like finding a husband, once you quit looking for one it will happen.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
You have one thing to your credit "emeraldeyedfeline" you have faith and when one has faith that is all that is needed to find the truth.

There are things on this planet which I know exist but have never seen, like you for instance-- I know you exist but I have never seen you. Just your avatar--!!!
I know baby pigeons exist but I have never seen one.
I suggest be at the right place at the right time with the right equipment.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I don't know about how lucky. Between the 3 football field freakoid that passed over my head and I believe scanned me in 2006, and the shadow critter I dealt with in 2004, life aint been so good.
A piece of my mind was taken from me.
I am definately not the same person I used to be. The one who lived and loved and spent over 20 years taking care of dialysis pts.
Just my two cow cookies.
John
God I hate to mispell/sp

[edit on 2-3-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I thought this might be an old thread but it seems to be a new one.

How much does one look up in the sky. The phoenix lights were such a well known sighting because people were trying to watch the "mmm-bop" commet.

At any rate that is why everyone was out for hours drinking their beers and such when the lights showed up.

However unless there is a lunar eclips, or some sort of reason for doing so how many people are outside at night looking up? Sure you might do it for 10 minutes while you wax poetic thoughts of romance or what not, but the great majority of the time we're looking at the ground.

Personally, I've extra video camcorders. I've thought about fixing them on a place overnight and reviewing. But then I realize I'll have to watch 6 hours of footage every night. I plan on driving to a wide open space and laying on the back of my truck, and/or spend the hours between 11:30pm and 2:30am driving thought the hills of some out of the way place to see what happens. However all that ever happens is is nothing.

Like the lottery, you have to play to win.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
If you like the Sir Walter Ralieghs curse 'cigs', you find yourself outside more and more these days while taking your pleasure.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

I replied over on that thread and included pictures of some recent auroras!

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Thanks for the additional responses. I almost forgot about this thread. LOL

I still havent seen anything....however, it has been [on a regular basis] well below negative....too cold to just go hang out and gaze at the sky. LMAO.

But I am ALWAYS looking to the sky. And I ALWAYS have a camera with me. When you live in Alaska, that is just what you do. The scenery here amazing. I probably have thousands photos since living here. LOL And there is never anything odd in them.

Sucks to be me, I know! LOL

I havent given up hope yet

Oh and for those who dont follow the link posted above....Here is what our sky look like right now

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

My God those pictures are beautiful--

You don't need to see any UFO's when you have those to look at.

Again truly amazing what our planet has to offer.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I hereby decree, with my 30,000 point on ATS, that my friend Greeneyedleo will get her sighting this coming month, the month of June. Have a camera ready dear...

P.S. The points thing has nothing to do with it. Just thought it was a nice even number..

[edit on 26-5-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I have experienced things of the supernatural/spiritual realm (another topic).......but why not UFOs?

There's your answer, Leo...

You've already seen something extraordinary. How do you not know that what some people see as UFOs, others may see as ghosts, etc?

The fact that you have had some type of supernatural experience means that you're in the loop and not being left out by the forces that we don't understand?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join