It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not me???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I was just thinking about this today and I'm just curious to know if anyone can give a good explanation why some people NEVER see UFOs (of any kind).

In my 30+ years....Ive never seen one. Not a one. And I just don't get why. Why am I one of the unlucky ones?

I have lived all over the country (city, rural, flat, mountains). I have visited other countries. I currently live out in the middle of nowhere (though on a military base) and the stars, moon, etc are so flippn close it feels like you could reach out and touch them. Living here makes "space" so evident, so real to you.

I take pictures and video ALL the time. But there is NEVER any UTs (unidentified things) in my pictures/videos. Never.

I feel like im in the minority. None of my friends and nobody in my family or their family has ever seen anything either. Why??

I have experienced things of the supernatural/spiritual realm (another topic).......but why not UFOs?

It isn't because i'm not open. I am. But why is it always someone else? LOL Is it just luck? Sort of like winning the lottery? Are only some people predisposed to see them?

Anyone else ever feel this way?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
well i have seen one ufo, im 15, and i think that at least half of the peole that say they have seen a ufo are lying just to get attention

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Yep, guess I do. Almost the same story as you, although I don't live in the middle of a military base.

I've always wanted to see one. Heck, I've even gone outside, looked up and said under my breath that I would be willing to go if *they* wanted. Guess I'm a reject because that's never happened either.

Saw some lights once and thought it was a UFO, but, it was just a plane. I know that now from having taken flying lessons. The only UFO's I've seen are the ones posted on the web.

I would like to see one before I die. In fact, I'd like to see a grey before I die.

Explanations? Hmmm. Maybe it's just as simple as being in the right place at the right time. I don't think seeing one means you're special or "chosen" or anything like that. I think it means you got lucky.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
For the most part, same story here. I have seen a couple of things in the sky that I couldnt identify - I suppose empirically they are "UFO's" in that *I* couldnt ID them but they were by no means spectacular or mind numbing experiences, just odd I would say. Nothing like what I read here on a daily basis.

I will always keep looking though. Maybe we just simply suffer from a severe lack of imagination when it comes to UFO's.
Maybe a lot of people who claim they have seen a UFO simply arent able to quickly discern what it is like some others can.

Who knows - I guess if anyone looks long enough, you'll see something you wont be able to readily ID. Kind of like playing the lottery - you increase your chances of winning 100% by simply playing. Doesnt mean you'll win but at least you're playing.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
thanks for your answers....glad im not alone! the more i read of experinces here....the more i feel left out! lol

yeah, im one of those who wishes i could be lucky enough to see something or capture somethin on my camera....

i will keep looking and snapping....hopefully i will see someting before i die....

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Hello Greeneyedleo,
Your time is coming and you do live through all of the rest of those that have experienced, but your problem is that ET is not ready and ET is very afraid of you because people like you will be the ones that scream the loudest and the world will then listen to the rest of us, so all of us remain on standby. Keep your eyes peeled to the sky with all the equipment you can muster and think about a FLIR (night vision camera) to detect heat and smoke patterns into the night sky and be patient and it will happen as sure as I live and breath, your time is coming, gwhint

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Most UFO you see today are govt craft, usual govt. spaceships are triangular shaped, all sizes up to Stardestroyer.
I believe the bigger ones are parked underwater considering the sightings.

You can see them best by doing soul travel i guess, I'm practicing on that currently.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by Paul the seeker]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
@OP

You know, for a longest time now I believed that people see what they want to see. Furthermore, they find what they are looking for - even if it's not there, they will fool themselves into believing it's there just because they are so desperately seeking it.

The nature of our reality appears to be one in which we project things and something reflects back. If our projection is strong enough and undisturbed by other influences then reflection is usually clear and close to our desired outcome.
In other cases, the reflection is not exactly what we have hoped for, or totally opposite of what we wanted, if influenced by others. But the law of action/reaction applies whether we like it or not.

I feel the question you need to ask yourself is why do you need to see an UFO and how important is that to you? Is it a life changing experience for you?

At the end, what does it really matter if you have seen some coloured lights in the sky or not. You said you are an open (minded?) person and it really makes no difference if you see an UFO or not then. Will your perception of the phenomena or the reality change, will you be a stronger believer than you are now, a better person, a better human being?

It is really about individual discovery of one's self and in retrospect that voyage is solely within and not without (external to self).

Lastly, reality is what you make of it, so if you really want to see an UFO, you will see one, eventually.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Although I'm pretty young (18), I don't think I have seen anything like a UFO or alien or anything paranormal. The reason that I say "don't think" is because I may have seen one with a girl as we were laying on some grass but she said it was nothing....I don't know what to think about that one.

Other than that, nothing at all. Just lights from airplanes, stars/planets and UFO clips online or on TV.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
You're not alone my dear, I've yet to see a UFO as well. I'd like to see one but so far, nada.

I thought I saw one once. I was driving down the road and up ahead I saw an object turning black then silver then back to black then back to silver then back to black.etc, etc,etc....

I just knew it was the mothership, finally coming to take me home.

As I got closer though it turned out to be a flock of birds that were flying in an updraft. They were turning in unison which is why the color kept changing. It was still a pretty cool site, even though I was a bit sad that it wasn't a UFO.

I watch the sky every day. Hopefully I'll eventually see something.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

LOL

OK, I will scoot over and you can sit next to me while we watch and wait! LOL

Thanks everyone for your responses!

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Ok! I admit it. I've never seen one either

Maybe someday us unlucky ones will hit the jackpot by video taping the big one, the real deal and nobody can debunk it
Until then I just keep looking too. Maybe we should start the unlucky ufo group

I really thought this was funny.

Here's the link if the embedding doesn't work. Non- Abductee Anonymous

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Maybe you don't spend enough time looking up...

I've seen like 5 in toronto... all in a few years.. Perhaps they're around urban areas more so.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
MY heart just opens when I read your stories in the above posts. It is just the same feeling for those that have seen and experienced. Just exactly the same feeling. I have so much respect and admiration for those of you that continue to search and seek and quest with only your intuition and common sense to guide you. You are the lucky ones, the ones that are the wisest. And when I think of the type of validation you will feel when it all opens up, I congratulate you in advance. You are the ones that are steering the boat, the Captains of the ship. The ones that have kept it unfolding and on course. You do not fall prey to the kooks and the frauds, or the debunker either, you remain in the control seat, and one day you will see for yourselves and then unfortunately you will join the masses that have seen, but have no proof. Cameras and video do not convince anyone. It is a personal journey whether or not you see them.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Such a great post, Antar! Starred, my friend. I saw something once that I could not identify, but I don't think it was a ufo. I'm glad there are other people here who are in the same boat!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by amigo

Thanks for your response. You know...I never even thought this much of it before coming here. I mean, it crossed my mind every once in awhile. But now its all the time. I keep reading over and over and over people having sightings and well, that led me to this thread. LOL

I dont know what to expect. And if I never see one, I will be fine....but still wonder...why not me?

If I see one....shoot, I dont know what I would do
probably pinch myself!

Thanks!

[edit on 6-12-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks Antar. That was a really nice response and encouraging.....and you really are right on. *taken note*

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I think a good argument to not seeing anything is because after watching documentaries like 'Evidence- The Case for NASA ufos', and 'UFO The Greatest Story Ever Denied'; it seems like many ufos in space and on earth, cannot be seen with the naked eye and our cameras. Many ufos only show up in the ultra-violet/infra-red light spectrum.
Something to think about I feel.
By the way, I have seen a few ufos- 1 in Ohio U.S, a ball of light at night which cruised in the sky, got really bright (brightest thing in the sky) than blinked out; In London in the day, a spherical silver ball just cruising quite fast in the sky, higher than commercial planes. When I say UFO, I mean an unidetifiyable object, not an alien ship! We need to remember what a the term 'UFO' stands for!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I live in ireland, and in one night i seen two ufos i was on my own, and then another three two hours later when my girlfriend and her friend were there, and she used to call me crazy when i used to tell her about them..

when i want to see sumthing ill go outside if its a clear night, be at peace with yourself, try and project love into the air and at the same time ask to see sumthin, you might get a little wink back. it works for me!!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It's not in your karmic plan? Just guessing.
Or ... how much time do you actually gaze at the night sky or even the day sky? I'd wager not much.
Maybe it's just an "odds" thing. The more time you spend actually looking up, the better chance you have. It would also help to live in an area with a high percentage of verified sightings (more than one witness and/or video/film footage). Make an effort to address these points and you may become one of the "lucky".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join