It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They're At It Again.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The highly accountable and reputible and Honest Al-Queda is at it again. Once again another warning to The United States. I'm sure everyone remembers the "countdown" clock, although there is no date or time frame, Another attack is coming.

The Al Qaida warning was relayed via the Tajamu Reform Party of Yemen in a statement proposing terms of reconciliation with the government which has been under pressure to cooperate with the United States in the war on terrorism.

A major strike, a big event will take place in America soon," the statement said.

In its statement, Al Qaida termed Sanaa as the second most cooperative partner in the U.S.-led war against the Islamic insurgency movement. The group said Pakistan was the chief ally of the United States.

www.worldtribune.com...

After the whole countdown thing(which I found more on edge for something to happen, rather then Believing it WOULD happen) and all the other bits and pieces here and there, I personally will not believe any statements made to another BIG attack.or small for that matter. I know that the threat has always been possible since 9-11 but every other day/week saying there is going to be another attack, tell us something we don't know already. If they have all these BIO/CHEM/NUKE weapons why haven't they done anything since 9-11? I know as a kid(and even today) when I got a new toy, I wanted to use it right away, or if someone pissed me off I wouldn't waste time getting back at them. So it stays fresh in thier minds. I don't know what they could be possibly waiting for to put these things in action(if they indeed have them). I have posted alot on the countdown clock/2-2-2004/ but I think i'm starting to lean to the fact that all this has been part of GW's wet dream. That the government created 9-11/alquehoweverthe#youspellit(I stole this from a member,don't remember who
)/ Now Im starting just to get frustrated!!!! anybody have any input?

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The most powerful weapon they own is fear. Nothing more. There is nothing left of the Al queida, who are they kidding?

I think there just empty threats that the U.S overplays so they can pass their "patriot act like" laws.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
The most powerful weapon they own is fear. Nothing more. There is nothing left of the Al queida, who are they kidding?

I think there just empty threats that the U.S overplays so they can pass their "patriot act like" laws.

There may be nothing left of Al Qaida, but defenitely another organization will rise up.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I still can't discount the possibility of al Qa'ida having WMD, as to the reason for not using them if they have them I think they are waiting for the right conditions to exist.

If they just attacked the US without other co-ordinated operations they know we would squash them while the rest of the world stood by and watched or helped us out of fear of retribution.

Attacks in Iraq were stepped up amid rumors of 20 or so al Qa'ida cells in existance there, further tying down our military even with recent success in capturing al Qa'ida operatives in Iraq.

The Saudi's probably stopped a big attack with the break-up of the al Qa'ida cell during the Haj pilgramage.
More cells likely existed but went to ground with the heavy security in Saudi Arabia during this period.

If conditions of a religious insurrection can be made to happen in a middle eastern nation - take your pick which one, then al Qa'ida can obtain a base of operation or hide in the relatively friendly enviroment of that country after an attack on the US.

If they were to attack now without the above condition being true even hostile states not cooperating at this time would probably not protect them out of self preservation.

A Saudi regime run in the backround by al Qa'ida sympathisers would have two things going for it that might make the US hesitate to use military means to overthrow the regime. One is OIL and the risk that all other middle eastern countries might shut off the taps in response. The second reason is Mecca and Medina as the holiest sites in Islam, would be used to whip up resistance by other islamic nations to any US military response.

The thing to watch is assasination attempts, successful or otherwise as a prelude to action just like in Afganistan before 9-11.

The ceasing of chatter which recently happened, but picked up again after failure of Saudi operation.

Increased smoke and mirror threats to western interests
designed to wear down security efforts.

If all of these things start occuring at the same time, I say watch out here.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Whats messed up is this is so the case of, Boy who cried wolf, And not just this post. All the scares it seems to me that all the "Chatter", just might be the means of getting "us" off balance. Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Could be something here. If you have little to work with use it to your advantage. You will NEVER catch America offguard again, so use terror. And you might get a lucky one off.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Actually, if it is indeed Al Qaida responsible for the threats, this is quite tactical on their part. See, if they cry wolf enough times, we'll eventually think it's BS every time. Then, they'll be free to strike whenever they please, since no one will take any threats seriously after awhile.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I don't think we'll ever be threatened, and not take it seriously. I mean comon think about that. And whoever said AL Queda didn't exist anymore? where do you get your info? National Enquirer?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
The highly accountable and reputible and Honest Al-Queda is at it again. Once again another warning to The United States. I'm sure everyone remembers the "countdown" clock, although there is no date or time frame, Another attack is coming.

The Al Qaida warning was relayed via the Tajamu Reform Party of Yemen in a statement proposing terms of reconciliation with the government which has been under pressure to cooperate with the United States in the war on terrorism.

A major strike, a big event will take place in America soon," the statement said.

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by John bull 1]

How nice of "al qaeda." Not to mention helpful for BushCo. Is it just me, or doesn't anyone else find it highly suspicious that the "terrorist" attacks have seemed to benefit BushCo. more than anyone?

Bush isn't gonna get re-selected, so there's gonna havta be some big, fake attack to scare Americans back into their "right frame of mind."

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Why bother going to the trouble of spending tons of money on training and explosives when you can just send out a vague message promising that there will be an imminent attack, and people are so wound up and fearful that they panic?

If this happens, they've won. Thankfully without having to kill innocents, but it's a victory nonetheless.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
Actually, if it is indeed Al Qaida responsible for the threats, this is quite tactical on their part. See, if they cry wolf enough times, we'll eventually think it's BS every time. Then, they'll be free to strike whenever they please, since no one will take any threats seriously after awhile.

That was my point

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
playing up al qaida in the us allows the patriot act law types to come in effect

playing it up in the mid east causes contributions by religious.

but dont bush and al qaida have connections thru bin laden?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Their families have been tied at the hip through business for many years. Al Qaeda was created by the CIA and Pakistani ISI to fight the soviets in Afghanistan. Back then Osama came to the USA and visited secure military installations while looking for weapons to buy. He used the name Tim Osman.

Open your eyes people!!!

al Qaeda = CIA = Bin Laden

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuTroll
playing up al qaida in the us allows the patriot act law types to come in effect

playing it up in the mid east causes contributions by religious.

but dont bush and al qaida have connections thru bin laden?

It is true Bush gave OBL something like 49 million. To do somefighting in Russia somewhere.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Terrorism by it's very nature is a weapon of fear. The psychological act is almost always more potent that the physical act.
In itself, a warning is a weapon. It serves just as much purpose to Al Qaeda as an actual attack would.

I don't worry. If you went through your life worrying all of the time, life would not be worth living. But that doesn't mean to say that you should ever discount the fact that it is possible that Al Qaeda could still pose a physical threat.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
"...a boy crying wolf." Working at the airport, it gets to be a very tiresome event to continually have to stop and prove to government officials who I am and what my business is everytime they increase the terror alert. Guess I have become numb to living in fear of terrorism, I dunno. Maybe that is what these organizations want.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I mean, if "They" attack us, then they do. Not afriad. If they kill me, So what im sure it will be fast. It is what it is. People should always beaware of whats going on around them. Dont worrie about it.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Terrorists threats levelled at the USA by Arabs.. two words for you:

PSYCHOLOGICAL OPERATIONS.

Compliments of the Pentagon.

Boo! Osama's gonna gitcha!

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Even if they have one person something can happen.

It does not take money or technology to kill.

Just ask the Palestinians.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
First thing we can do is great rid of that damn color meter they use for the "Terrorist Threat Level." Hell, I can't even tell you what level we are at right now!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join