It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Protection Service Police, What is this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I was driving through my downtown area today and noticed this white suburban with "POLICE" on the door parked by the federal courthouse. It drew my attention because it was not what our local PD vehicles look like. When I got closer I noticed that it said "Federal Protection Service" above the "POLICE" on the door. On the front quarter-panels it said "Homeland Security" and had the DHS logo. On the door frame between the front and rear doors there was a small badge logo with the initials "ICE" above "US". On the rear door there was a phone number, 1-877-4FPS-411. I have not called this yet.

My question is, what is this? Does DHS have their own police force? I remember a couple of months back there was another thread started by someone else that stated he saw the same kind of vehicle. I remember reading a few responses that pretty much said that the OP was mistaken and DHS does not have a police force. I am unable to find the thread but any help with answers to my questions would be appreciated.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by scooler1

I just got done doing a report on this. This is the Immigration Customs and Enforcement which is, in fact, the enforcement arm of Homeland Security, dealing primarily with illegal aliens. They're the successor agency to Immigration & Naturalization Services' in-house enforcement. They came into existence after a major Federal agency reorganization after 9/11.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Jim_Kraken]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim_Kraken

Thanks Jim. That certainly takes the mystery out of that and the reason why they were parked by the federal building.

join