It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonight while we sleep every firearm, every trace of any firearm or gun technology disappears.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
......then what?

Let's give in to the gun grabbers and the all around "I don't like guns" crowd. We'll take it a step further and through some wondrous sci-fi-esque miraculous feat every living human forgets all about them and that they ever existed while simultaneously every firearm in existence transforms into a plush stuffed Teddy bear.

Now what?

No more theft, murder, rape? No more assaulting a man because he is a homosexual or because his skin is a different color? No more angsty disturbed kids hurting their classmates? No more oppressive governments or institutions forcing their will on a population? No more gang fights or turf battles?

Seems to me that every evil thing that is used to demonize guns will continue on completely uninterrupted if they should all magically disappear.

Then what do you do?

Working so hard to ban and outlaw something only to see the very acts you claim to be wishing to prevent continue on as if nothing had ever happened.

If the gun-grabbers cause is one of preventing violence/crime/injustice then why not work the root? Why waster so much time/effort/money fighting a fight, that even if won, will make no difference to the root?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I don’t like guns but that’s just because I wish people still needed to have skill in order to kill. You can still kill someone without a gun but it’s a lot harder and at least the victim has some chance to defend themselves. Any jack hole can pick up a gun and shoot someone. It used to be you needed to make sure you could defeat someone before you attacked them. Now any coward can decide he’s been wronged and enact his revenge. The power to kill used to require a dedication most cowards do not possess. It’s not a view point I’d expect to spread very far, but it’s mine. Probably stems from my fascination with martial arts and blades. People would actually be healthier if they had to stay in shape for their protection. As it stands, why bother? Some 5 year old could kill a young Mike Tyson. I know they aren’t going anywhere, I just wish people had to put more thought into taking a life.

[edit]
Your signature is my exact problem with guns

[edit on 4-12-2007 by captainplanet]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
First thing I do is make a shiv and put it in my pocket.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Oh yes lets go back to the day before guns when no one was killed! *Ignores the Bible which records a murder that was done without a gun* I mean come on its not like a gun ever stopped anything right? *Ignores Washington and the rebels bucking the British rule by using guns* I mean I'm sure that rapist will stop if you politely ask him to. *Ignores the stories of women scaring rapists off with a gun* And there is plenty of proof that banning guns works. *Ignores Austrailia and England and cities in America that ban guns and crime skyrockets*

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

After the guns are gone, we gotta get the knives! I think thats what they did in Australia.

Roper

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Hmm

With the exception of "captainplanet" think my 86 year old grandmother should have to defend herself against muggers/burglars with kung-fu and ninja swords and that something is wrong with a small person being able to fend off Mike Tyson the responses all seem to agree.

Well, it's only 4 so far. Maybe in the coming hours/days a "gun-grabber" will answer?

Oh, "captainplanet", what does a pompous, nationalistic, slightly xenophobic quote about bird-flipping from a fictional character have to do with guns?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by captainplanet

You might like this:

A friend of mine, a South Korean tae kwon do master and a former member of South Korean intelligence, was laughing one day about kung fu schools, which teach students the use of the broadsword and the halberd.

"Who is going to walk around carrying a broadsword?" he said. "Besides, if your life is in danger, use a gun."

Source

top topics

join