It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Earth A Zoo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
i was just thinking " what if we are like a zoo for aliens". Couldn't this be a reason why we see so many UFOs? think about it it's like those safari zoos, you drive around and see the animals in their "natural" habitat and sometimes they notice you too.

What are your thoughts on this?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
its a zoo even without all ufos

[edit on 2007/12/4 by MajesticTwelve]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
this idea isnt so bad. Think some animals on safari's charge at the people, what the difference when the pollice and crew of film sets swarm when a UFO is reported!

Mabey

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Ive considered this before. We could also be a longterm experiment. As ridiculous as it sounds, its plausible that some super advanced races collonate planets like this and see how we evolve and react and so on.

Anyone consider the fact that maybe the government wasnt ALLOWED to reveal that aliens exist to the general public? Maybe when we first made contact, the powers to be were order not to tell anyone.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I do think ETs observe our planet, but not for any zoo/entertainment purposes. ETs taking trips here risk their lives. With our governments denying their existence, that must mean that cover-up, one that likely includes extreme violence towards visiting ETs is in operation. It would be like travelling to Iraq to go on vacation with the current reality that you could be kidnapped or killed at any moment. Would anybody do that?

Scientific and defensive reasons I suspect are much more key to their visits here. Humanity's massive explosion in population from breaking through technological barriers must be getting already advanced extraterrestrials quite excited over watching such a rapidly evolving (yet still slightly primitive) race moving towards their own advanced civilizations. Our own sicentists would be buzzing with excitement if suddenly they witnessed a species of animals on our planet advance themselves in a manner similar to ours. If a chimpanzee discovered the wheel or fire and created a primitive civilization around it, our scientists would be enthralled. I'd say the effect is similar, but on a grander scale to ETs observing us.

Our civilization is also still quite violent and I suspect they're equally concerned that humanity's rapid ascension may bring with it a new threat to their own home planets. Plus I'm sure that their interest in us is seeing us survive, and not killing ourselves and our planet so that we can be studied further. So watching us for defensive purposes is perhaps an even greater reason for their trips here.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Frith]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Not sure about the Earth being a zoo but we sure all do act like animals.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
now that is a good theory, the only difference betwen what our government would do if they found a species like that would probably be us killing it and then saying it would kill us when it became more advanced.

new topics

top topics

join