It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a video I caught on my mini-dvd: need help encoding to pc

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I came home late one night and started filming at 4am, something I can't explain. The video lasts for about 9 mins and I would like to encode this into an avi so I can upload it. I will link to directly to the .avi file. I just need to encode it! This is serious...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
VirtualDub:

www.virtualdub.org...

Is pretty easy to use, just open your video from there and choose a codec under the "compression" option (on the "video" tab).

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
i assume if it's DV it has a firewire/usb connection so you shouldn't need a capture device. the only issue is software. you can get pretty good quality with windows media and you don't need extra software for that. use the windows movie maker and make sure you set the quality to an acceptable level. i would start with the highest settings for a master capture. if you want to distribute it on the web you can use that master to create lower quality clips.

i have only worked with analog, so i don't know the specifics of how you would get that going, but hopefully that helps give you some ideas.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
What model DV cam are you using?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Guys. Listen. I need to take the DVD DVD DVD DVD and rip into an AVI or other file.

RIP A DVD INTO AVI FILE FORMAT. HOW DO I DO THAT.

IT'S A MINI (SMALL) DVD.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
there are many "dvd-ripping" apps out there that will do just that. frankly they were made with piracy in mind but this is a great legal use for them. virtualDub may actually do that too, i haven't really used it so i can't say for sure.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Oh, if it's for ripping a DVD then use DVDShrink for ripping and AutoGK for converting. Google it. I could put the links but given that you yelled, I am now very affected by this.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
that was a little over the top, eh? i thought it said miniDV, which would have meant cassette. excuse us for not assuming it was a DVD DVD DVD DVD!!!11one!!1!1eleven =)

i'm just razzing you. i wasn't really offended.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by an0maly33]

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
First and formost, you need to know exactly what format the dvd was recored with-for example sony and many others use pripority formats that only work when using their vid camera.

Once you know what the format is you can do a google search for doing what you need/want.

You may find a free program, or you may decide you want a nice retail program-they tend to be easier to use and come with support.

You "might" try "wmconverter 2.0".

If not directly answering your questions, I hope I have pointed you in the right direction to be able to solve your challenge.

top topics

join