It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hell turned to permafrost...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
All my life I've head people tell me I was terrible with the ladies, that if I "ever got a girlfriend all Hell would turn to permafrost." Well, need I repeat the title?

It all started last Wensday after an assembly at my local high school put out by a guy named Mike Donahue. It had to be one of the best school functions I'd ever been to, but that's another topic. Anyway, we were given sixth period (the class after lunch after the assembly) to discuss about it. The scope of the story wasn't there; that was just a loose discussion.

The real deal was seventh period, two classes away from day's end. We had continued discussion about the assembly - how people label each other and all that jazz, but it was serious at the same time. One of my friends (the love of my life) sparked an idea in her head to write a compliment note to everyone. She wrte that I was mysterious (that I am) and that she did think I was cute.

I responded with my own compliment notes to her and my classmates. I told her about my crush on her and how there was nothing to be embarrased about. The next day in third-period Math, I got a noe from her to meet me by an entrence to the school at lunch. Luckily fifth period Study Hall was the only thing between me and the meeting, so I slept through it.

We talked for the whole thirty-five-minute lunch. We learned so much about each other that I'd run out of characters lsting it all. To keep it short, we have a scary amount of things in common. The final question she asked was if there could be something between us. I didn't say no, but I also didn't say yes. I said "I don't know" since it's the plain simple truth. I'm confident that there is, though.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that even the lowest of the low can find love. It doesn't take looks, charm, or any crap like that. All it takes is personality and the ability for you and your love to remove your masks (metaphorically) to find out if you truely match up.

I thank everyone in advance for any congratulations. Also, I've chosen to leave names out of this to respect her privacy.

-oppdis

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:44 PM
link   
i was always an outsider in school. there were girls i liked but none of them were interested in me. there were a few that were interested in me but i didn't find out until they had lost said interest, etc. i was the awkward geeky computer guy sans pocket protector, lisp, and thick-rimmed glasses.

i never had a "girlfriend" until college (yeah, i'm a loser.) ended up marrying her though and we have a great marriage (coming up on 5 years) and a beautiful son (18 months). so yeah, being popular means squat in the scheme of things.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by an0maly33]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

join