It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Tape (Q875) found in Jonestown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Recently a Jonestown researcher put a much talked about tape on You Tube. The tape labeled Q875 by the FBI was found with hundreds of other tapes in Jonestown after the murders/suicides occurred.

All of the tapes found were recorded before the night of the mass murders/suicides with the exception of Q875. The tape is a recording of unknown people recording news stories over the radio of what happened in Jonestown. From the news reports you can deduce that the tape was made on the 19th, the day after the tragedy.

No one was supposed to be alive in Jonestown during this time frame so the question remains, who made this tape? Faint voices can be heard by the tape makers if you listen closely. Some say that the CIA, Military, or even Jones himself had made the recording.

You can find the audio here:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Ignorant question here since I'm uninformed on this topic. Was Jones supposedly one of the dead?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Jones was reported to have taken his life (or had one of his inner circle shoot him) the night before while the other People's Temple members were taking their lives.

No one, was supposed to have been alive in Jonestown until the following evening when the Guyanese Defense Force (GDF) arrived in Jonestown. So this tape is a great mystery.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jms88
No one, was supposed to have been alive in Jonestown until the following evening when the Guyanese Defense Force (GDF) arrived in Jonestown. So this tape is a great mystery.

Indeed. I'm going to have to make an addition to my reading list.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 123143

Originally posted by jms88

Indeed. I'm going to have to make an addition to my reading list.

In case you're interested, there is a forum that just started with the release of the tape on You Tube that discusses Q875 as well as all things about Jonestown.

q875.makeforum.org...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
If the recording is of people listening to news stories about what happened in Jonestown, then wouldn't that indicate that someone was already in Jonestown to have been able to report on what happened there?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I'm a little confused here. For some reason I thought I had read that there were people who escaped the camps and hid out in the jungles around Jonestown, also about a woman who hid under a bed, and some who hid among the dead bodies (I'm from Guyana, so I'm sure if my recollection is from "stories" heard about the event or documentaries I have seen.

The voice of the "reporter" has the distinctive Guyanese accent, but I cannot make out what is being said in the beginning of the tape.

How do we know the tape was made in Jonestown? It could have been in Georgetown right?

I have to research this more, I'm ashamed that as a Guyanese I don't know as much about Jonestown as I should know.

edited to correct spelling

[edit on 12-4-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'm inclined to believe that both Jim Jones and Charles Manson had CIA mind control training because they were so good at it. Some have alleged that Manson could have been arrested long before his slayings but the LAPD basically forbade it and I wonder if something could have been done about Jones earlier. Were both of these atrocities some sort of sick experiment to test the limits of MK-ULTRA-type techniques?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim_Kraken

I have heard this as well.. I am pretty sure Jim Jones, given his political career, could have been some sort of a mind control operative. Charles Manson? No, I think he just fried his brain on drugs, plus, I think he was already schizophrenic on top of that..

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I'm a little confused here. For some reason I thought I had read that there were people who escaped the camps and hid out in the jungles around Jonestown, also about a woman who hid under a bed, and some who hid among the dead bodies (I'm from Guyana, so I'm sure if my relocation is from "stories" heard about the event or documentaries I have seen.

The voice of the "reporter" has the distinctive Guyanese accent, but I cannot make out what is being said in the beginning of the tape.

How do we know the tape was made in Jonestown? It could have been in Georgetown right?

I have to research this more, I'm ashamed that as a Guyanese I don't know as much about Jonestown as I should know.

Well, the tape was reported to be found in Jonestown and cataloged by the FBI. There is a theory that it was indeed recorded in Georgetown but there are some things on the tape that would say it wasn't. One is a dog that can be heard growling on the tape. The temple members in Georgetwn did not have a dog. Secondly, there are jungle birds that can be heard in the background noise on parts of the tape. Third, if it was made in Georgetown it would've had to been brought to Jonestown and left for the FBI to find it and catalog it. Why someone would go through the trouble to do that is an unanswered question.

You're right about the old woman that slept through the entire event. She was alive the next morning but I don't think she hung around Jonestown. Even if she did, the voices on the tape are clearly younger Americans males and a man with a Guyanese accent.

The others that escaped (eight in all I believe) all got out of Jonestown that night. There were others that left before the massacre and some think maybe they came back and recorded the tape. I don't think that is likely though given the calm nature of the voices as well as a man giggling towards the end of the tape.

It certainly is a mystery. Some think that maybe it was the CIA but I doubt that if there was some covert operation going on that they would be sloppy enough to leave some tape around for the FBI to find.

Who knows? Unless someone comes forward I don't think the truth will ever be told.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by craig732
If the recording is of people listening to news stories about what happened in Jonestown, then wouldn't that indicate that someone was already in Jonestown to have been able to report on what happened there?

If you listen to the news reports you can tell that the news stories were from the 19th and all the information was not known yet. In one report the reporter says "There are reports of mass suicide in Jonestown". This would indicate that nothing was known for certain at that point about what exactly happened yet.

Don't forget, the GDF did not arrive at Jonestown until almost twenty four hours later. They weren't sure what was going on and they had to be cautious because they didn't know if the temple members intended to attack them when they showed up.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
As the creator of the above mentioned sites, I can concur with JMS88's comments.

We know the tape was made on the 19th b/c the news casts speak of "last nights shootings"

We can reasonably assume it was made in Jonestown b/c of the "dog" factor, as well as the problem of transporting the tape 250 miles back to jonestown.....why would anyone do that.

CRAig: Yes...it would indicate that someone was there (a group) to have made the tape.....that is one of the conundrums about it....who were they?

And another big question: WHY make the tape to begin with?
I have made some suppositions but am unable to post the links. You can pm me with questions.

Joey

[edit on 10-12-2007 by josefjoey]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 123143

He was, but it has been speculated that he survived the night, made the tape, then died the next morning.

www.geocities.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

We can reasonably assume it was made in Jonestown for two reasons:
1) The dog. They did not have a dog in georgetown at the time.
2) The problem of transporting the tape 250 miles from GTown to Jonestown......where the FBI collected the tapes.....why and when would this have been done?

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by craig732

No......at minimum, the Otter Pilot may have alerted someone using the airplanes radio. Also, Odell Rhodes made contact with police in Matthews Ridge early Sunday morning.

[edit on 24-12-2007 by josefjoey]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I'm a little confused here. For some reason I thought I had read that there were people who escaped the camps and hid out in the jungles around Jonestown, also about a woman who hid under a bed, and some who hid among the dead bodies (I'm from Guyana, so I'm sure if my recollection is from "stories" heard about the event or documentaries I have seen.

edited to correct spelling

[edit on 12-4-2007 by worldwatcher]

I remember people escaping into the jungle as well. As for the woman who hid under the bed. She was a little old black woman who told her story of the killings. There were people like the enforcers who did not kill themselves but made others do it by force.

Edited: to include the very interesting link of CIA connections and survivors who made it out.

The Conspiracy link

[edit on 24-12-2007 by WorldShadow]

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I've been captivated by this tragedy for a while and recently found tape Q875 on YouTube and on another website. Like everyone else, I'm stumped to who and where it was made so i can only speculate as many others can. To my knowledge, in following this story, no one was alive at this time and i don't think surviving temple members would go back and record a tape to be left behind that just doesn't make any sense. At this point, this only leaves me to believe that someone was alive at this time and wanted to make this tape, and obviously wanted this tape to be found among others recorded in Jonestown. In following this story, i never heard an estimated time that Jones was shot nor did i hear an estimated time that his "nurse" was killed as well, as we all know, no one showed up in Jonestown until days later, so they could've been alive at this time. The tape was about news reports of the death of congressman Leo Ryan, and the others at the airstrip could Jones have been recording this out of interest? or just to see if it was true? there is a woman on the tape saying "oh no" [at least that's what it sounds like to me] when Leo Ryan's mom is speaking about how she warned him about people like this. could that have been Jim's nurse? there is a male whispering to her to "shut up" at one point, could this be Jim? i honestly dont know. I'm as stumped as anyone else, and want to find out who made this tape this tape is a great mystery that needs to be solved.

new topics

top topics

join