It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

one eye goat? fake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
We kid you not! Astounded residents of Durban's Folweni township couldn't believe their eyes. And they couldn't believe the eye of a baby goat born in the village at the weekend - there was only one - in the middle of the goat's forehead, just like the Cyclops of Greek mythology.

Even more astonishing was the fact that the single eye looked uncannily human.
News of the bizarre birth spread swiftly throughout the township and hundreds of people poured into Folweni to see for themselves. Locals have dubbed the little animal Umlingo, isiZulu for miracle.

Some community members suggested the goat might have been the result of an act of bestiality. Said one: "We've never seen anything like this before. There are many immoral people who think nothing of raping toddlers, so why not a goat?"

Some residents felt the goat should be killed, but owner Rose Magubane, 63, said there was nothing wrong with the animal.

"Yes, it's abnormal, and it doesn't look like a goat, but that doesn't mean it has to be killed. It's God's creature."

Magubane said one of her goats gave birth to two kids on Sunday. The first was deformed, but the other was perfectly normal.

www.iol.co.za...

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Bizarre birth: Some people have suggested that this cycloptic goat may be the result of bestiality. Photo: Sandile Ndlovu

LOL, I wonder how this cycloptic goat was the cause of beastiality?

All in All, im sure its some sort of signs for the " End Times ".

Deep

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It looks like a fake to me.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsionicGamer
It looks like a fake to me.

Me too. Not the idea, but the picture.

I suppose it is possible for the goat to have one eye, it is just mutation.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I suppose it is possible for the goat to have one eye, it is just mutation.

Theres been a ton of mutations throughout history....cows w/two heads, people with 6 fingers, etc.
What makes this one so special?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
Theres been a ton of mutations throughout history....cows w/two heads, people with 6 fingers, etc.
What makes this one so special?

Well we have ATS now, the before mutations didn't have that to make it popular.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
That picture looks fake

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Some people have suggested that this cycloptic goat may be the result of bestiality.

HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!! no questions here!

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

"Yes, it's abnormal, and it doesn't look like a goat, but that doesn't mean it has to be killed. It's God's creature."

Magubane said one of her goats gave birth to two kids on Sunday. The first was deformed, but the other was perfectly normal.

(Added underscores) I reacon that's a translation or a language thing, I guess the goat gave birth to two baby goats, it's just been translated a little strange. We all know what happened with that poor wolf in Rome, what now? For the love of God!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by Hamilton]

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroDeep

Is that phot a fake????. the picture is kind of messed up. But if real very freaky

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mythLUVER

I personally think all the pictures are,

I mean the first one with the old lady is almost humorous.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hamilton

(Added underscores) I reacon that's a translation or a language thing, I guess the goat gave birth to two baby goats, it's just been translated a little strange. We all know what happened with that poor wolf in Rome, what now? For the love of God!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 6-2-2004 by Hamilton]

Baby goats are called kids. That is their name. No language error.
Link to definition of kid from dictionary.com.

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I think it's real. Cyclopia is a real condition, it is extremely rare but it has been documented in many animals and also humans. There was a one-eyed cat born not too long ago, it only lived one day. It resembles the animal posted about here, except it was a cat.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 23 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I believe this goat is really like that and was not mutillated in anyway to appear like that, he/she looks happy to be in the spot light, but I wouldn't want to own a pet like that since it brings unwanted attention, glad the goat's still alive !!

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I've heard of this happening in cats and people before, though I think it generally results in death, because it is related to other deformities. I think it's just a lack of the body forming properly down the midline. In other words, the "one" eye of a cyclops is actually both eyes in the center.

[edit on 24-8-2007 by sheduma]

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Ive seen this before (animal behaviorist student here). Its a real picture and an actual disease. Remember the cycloptic kitten a while back? Same thing. Poor baby, he probably wont or didnt survive.

But yea - its a real medical condition.

posted on Aug, 24 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
i've seen allot of animal [and human] mutations before. I think it's hard to say due to the quality of the picture but highly probable that its genuine. I would hope that little critter is fertile and can breed a whole herd of one eyed fur bags. i'd buy one for a dollar.

new topics

top topics

join