It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird happenings during Northwest storm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I live about an hour north of Seattle. We have been having some pretty crazy weather the past few days. Record rainfall (yeah, for washington) and temps in the 60's. Flood emergency

Here's the thing...

I drive about 30 mins to work. On my way during the storm on Monday, I notice about 8 stalled cars on the side of the road without passengers. Just sitting there. Some with lights still on, some with them off.

For work, I deliver pizzas part-time. As I'm making a deliveries, I notice about 6 more stalled cars all over our delivery area. On one delivery, I noticed a car with a passanger on the side of the road just...sitting with his hands on his steering wheel with his lights on. I thought it was weird, and kept driving. I made the delivery, and drove by about 10-15 minutes later, and the car is still there and the passanger is literally in the same posistion.

There's is no logical reason for so many cars to be sitting on the side of the road. Alot of the passangers were just...sitting there like statues.

I was thinking it was either an electrical storm of sorts. But then remembered there wasn't any lightning or thunder in the area. Some of the cars were older models of cars. So that answer if out.

Where I saw all this, was nowhere near any major flooding. Nor was there any threat of flooding in the area. Just REALLY rainy, warm and overall odd feeling.

Was it just an odd, random major breakdown of cars? As I drove by a few of the cars, I would see the passangers just sitting in the car lifeless, and I was thinking of what the rapture would really be. Or some sort of mass exit of consciousness.

I'm just trying to figure out what was going on. Anyone else in Washington state see anything like this? Or am I just cracking?

*edit for typos*

[edit on 4-12-2007 by tobiascore]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I've driven through severe rainstorms many times. Some people, like myself, will press on through the storm. Others will decide to sit it out, they just park and wait for the storm to pass.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
tobiascore, are you thinking along the lines of a HAARP incident?

Mods, please don't jump me for a one-line post on this thread. Thanks.

[edit on 12/4/07 by 123143]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Washintonians are used to rain. This storm was "bad" because it snowed the day before, so all the snowmelt plus some weird tropical storm = alot of flooding. The area I was in was not effected too much by the storm. It was basically another winter storm we always see, but it felt like summer and the sun was out while it was raining. I just don't see why you would pull over to "ride it out", then ditch your car. I have seen worse storms with worse effects, and I never noticed so many dead cars.

I dunno, guess I'm just looking into it too much.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 123143

I'm not going to say that. The weather was VERY random, yes. But it was just an overall odd felling and everything felt....dead.

Power was out over some of the delivery area. It was just overall a very eerie feeling night. Something I have not felt in a long time. I was joking with my friends that it was an Alien invasion where electronics were dying like in "War of the Worlds".

Just trying to piece everything together into something that makes sense.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tobiascore
I was joking with my friends that it was an Alien invasion where electronics were dying like in "War of the Worlds".

Were all these cars in the same, small area?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 123143

Some were spread out on a 30 mile strech of Interstate-5. Some were in neighborhoods, some were in the middle of nowhere in wooded areas.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tobiascore

Sounds like what was already mentioned here. People decided to pull over for whatever reason.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Violent electrical storm in Oklahoma early morning hours of the 4th was the most amazing and scary storm that I have ever been in. It started just as day broke and the I checked the online doppler and a range of storms had appeared out of nowhere, a thin bank going across the entire n to s diameter of the state. When I awoke, the thunder actually sounded like bombs going off that the flash of lightening would coorelate with the exact sound of the boom. The house would shake and the the ground would shake. The scary part was not only the geographical way that the storm showed itself in the state, but also that the lightening was so intense and that their was no rolling thunder up in the sky. It was just the clap noises that came from the ligtening bolt hitting the ground. When I looked out the window, there was no clouds over my house, just a weird fog. It was spooky. I grew up in Oklahoma but I have also lived for about 10 years in the mountains of Arizona. I have never, never seen any type of storm like this before. I think something different is going on and I definitely think that we need to understand lightening better for the future. These storms are getting more violent and man have developed no way to be safe from these electrical bombs dropping from the sky.

new topics

top topics

join