It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China: Our Moon Photo is not Fake

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
It isn't unreasonable to believe that Japan and China have the capability to send a probe to the moon. Now, if what %1 of what John Lear claims is true concerning the moon, these countries would have definitive evidence of ruins, etc. In order for them to be bribed into not releasing this information, the United States (we will forget about Russia for now) would have to have something to offer them that would make them 'play along' in this big game. It could be partnership in a NWO post population reduction scenario, advanced technologies, etc.

More likely, there are no ruins on the moon, and nothing else that would show up on orbital photography either. With no atmosphere of any kind (ignoring the magic Lear atmosphere that stays on the far side of the moon and causes zero refraction around the visible edges) there is nothing stopping modern digital photography to capture images of amazing clarity and resolution, even from a relatively high orbit of 75-100 miles above the lunar surface.

Of course... This still doesn't explain why after a dozen probes loaded with image gathering technology we still don't have one single picture of an Apollo landing site... But that is a whole other discussion, right?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

While I tend to agree with you that the Japanese and Chinese pictures are frauds, this is the part I don't understand. China would have to be in cahoots with NASA to knowingly present a fake picture. How could NASA slip the bogus pictures in without China knowing it?
Peace

No, the chinese could have simply stolen or downloaded a bunch of NASA pictures and picked one of those to use. Maybe the chinese thought that out of the millions (?) of moon images, no one would notice. Maybe the chinese didn't count on ATS people being willing to spend the time to ferret out the matching image.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The images DO NOT MATCH. So whats the point. Even the light source is different. Different enough you don't need to overlay them to tell.

John, this is all your fault. Now you will have the Chinese after you

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I know people who do satellite interceptions (or, used to know them when i lived in another state a few years back). That is an intersting idea.

We have chinese technology in virtually everything. To quote one government official, it has "infested" our technological infrastructure.

Now, Intel is building a plant in China. In the back of my mind, i hear Jim Morrison singing....This is the end, beautiful friend, the end

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Ok I think the real thing to be focused on here is that possibly this photo is 100% legit ( and I'm sure it is, ) and China is just defending the fact that they got their lunar probe into space... however this doesn't specify whether it is a photo of the dark side of the moon. I only see part of the truth being displayed. You can show someone the moon and say it is legit without lying, while still only showing them part of the moon if that makes sense. Not saying China did that on purpose, but that is what I think is going on.

I DO and I stress I really really DO believe that there is something on the dark side of the moon according to some of the other photos I've seen as well as some of the personal things I've seen, not to mention stuff that Ingo Swann has said ... and that guy remote viewed Jupiter before NASA ever explored Jupiter and he had an 85 or 86% accuracy rate and even compared his data with NASA. I firmly believe there is something up there... it just isn't being shown to us. Probably the USA does know it is up there and won't show it to us, and China might know as well but hasn't released those photos or hasn't touched the subject for some reason... possibly to avoid a touchy subject that our govt might not want people knowing about ?

You be the judge of that one

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim_Kraken

try this link i am sorry that link is broken ..

www.danwei.org...
dont know why link was broken..seems to work on my browser..

there is another link for more info further down that page...enjoy

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
It would seem the Chinese need a bit more practice assembling their mosaics....
Link

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceMax

Good link.

A new feature on the Moon?
A 4-kilometer-diameter crater in a Clementine image of the Moon from 1994 seems to have been struck by another crater in a Chang'e image of the Moon from 2007. Credit: NASA / DOD / CAST

Not a new feature on the Moon
With a repair to an image seam in a Chang'e 1 image of the Moon, an apparently new feature disappears. Credit: CAST / Emily Lakdawall

a

It is funny that the point that China is using to prove the authenticity of the photo, is actually not even real. So much for getting untouched photo's from China.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by Karlhungis]

[edit on 5-12-2007 by Karlhungis]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
You don't need to go to the moon to take that picture. get a nice telescope and a camera.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
just bc we have not seen any more photos through our media... that does not mean they have not released more than this one... this is the one they used to unveil the progress of their work. I consider the chinese to be people that take pride very seriously... I don't think they would risk the shame it would bring them and their entire nation if we proved it a fake... also another article clearly says that the moon could have been hit by another meteor or something... I really don't know ... bc then again.. they are very smart.. they could be really good at photo shop

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
No, the chinese could have simply stolen or downloaded a bunch of NASA pictures and picked one of those to use. Maybe the chinese thought that out of the millions (?) of moon images, no one would notice. Maybe the chinese didn't count on ATS people being willing to spend the time to ferret out the matching image.

That's definitely a possibility, but a damn risky one if you ask me. Why risk the possibility of being called out on it by NASA? There has to be some kind of deal that's been made.

That area of the moon is known by name, so that would greatly diminish the number of photos that NASA or an internet user would have to search through.

Peace

[edit on 5-12-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
in my opinion...
it's just a #ing photo of the moon...
so what if it's a fake. i couldn't care less.

it's highly unlikely they would steal someone else's photo. and it's also very likely that a number of very similar photographs of the moon exist, regardless of who takes the pictures.

anyway..
it's a nice photograph!

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If an extra feature has appeared on the Chinese Lunar Photo, is it not possible that it was there all the time, and NASA simply airbrushed it out?
After all, they have airbrushed out so much in the past, I'm looking forward to seeing more from the Japanese also.
The good thing is, that it will be virtually impossible to co-ordinate the airbrushing of all future Lunar Photos from various countries in order to tell the same story.
Keep looking,
Horsegiver.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by horsegiver

See my post above. It isn't an extra feature, it is an error that they made when they merged their images together. When you correct it, the extra crater disappears and the pictures line up.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The fact that it's now a mosaic problem and when fixed it looks exactly like the Clementine shot, doesn't mean the shot was taken by a Chinese probe. The only difference is the resolution. The Chinese can't be so dumb that they actually send a guy out there claiming that there's new craters and whatever when it's just a mosaic problem. Sounds like sombody's gonna get whacked like that toy guy was.

For you technical people out there, is it possible to digitally remaster a photo to make the resolution look better?

Peace

[edit on 5-12-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be great if China came back with 'Oh so you think our pictures are fake...well take a look at THESE NASA!...' and then publish moon pics complete with structures, moonbases etc!

In all fairness NASA have got some cheek having a go at China for their pictures when it's NASA that are the air-brush happy photographers!!

[edit on 5-12-2007 by Jimbowsk]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Excellent comment on the 'they only released one photo'!

There was a guy, famous bodybuilder, now in his 60s who releases only one or two photos of himself in 'extreme condition' per year.

One person mentioned that guys who are phenoms release dozens of pictures, not one or two carefully controlled snaps. This BB guy was seen at various Conventions looking pretty small. He claimed he peaked for the shots. (some of them show evidence of CGI - a missing tank top strap, a straining look lifting 5lb chrome barbells).

So that makes sense - wait until we see more pix. I only found one crater with a substantially different shadow - looking at the larger one, at least.

Note in the article the Chinese gubmint were caught earlier releasing a photo of a tiger that turned out to be proven fake when a person found the exact show on a Calendar pictorial.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The thing that gets me is when the director (or whoever it was) is quoted in the telegraph piece saying, "the Chinese photograph might just be of better quality than the American." I'm sorry I just don't buy that. If he is an expert in photography, astronomy, engineering, etc. Then he has to know what the resolution of the Chinese probe vis-a-vis the American one is. THis "might" stuff doesn't cut it for me. That is something that is easily checked, so why is he saying that if he's got something to hide.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
China is way behind the space race. I have a Samsung u740 cell phone that has taken many good pictures of the moon, and they are definitely not fake. I also have found this cool image of another planet with someone standing on it. I think the picture is French. For as much as I know, that image is real too.
PICTURE
Click the link, and you will find that there is no evidence for photoshop or any other picture editing software.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Well,
China has promised to release the data from Change'1 to its public. I guess the alegations of 'fake photo' will be cleared up at that time.

Any Chinese citizens on ATS?
Oh yea, I forgot, China has censor-net, and probably can't get to this site.

Hmmm. Well, maybe someone has a contact in China and we'll get some new photos.

The only other problem is that the Chinese govt is requiring its interested public to "apply" to get the information.
Not sure what that means, but it does not sound like it'll be an easy process.

Oh well.... Waiting....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join