It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams that you'll never forget

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I would just like to take this opportunity to create an area where ATS members can share some of their most precious dreams, you know the dreams that you never wanted to awake from or the one's where you feel like you really have been to another world...

I have always been fascinated with other people's dreams and nightmares and I have my own opinions on these things, which i'll share shortly, but for now i'm interested to hear yours...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I had this one I can't remember how old I was but I was walking in the woods on a path. I was talking to somebody who I think was the same age as I was and I don't remember what was all said but I remember saying don't make me laugh or I'll wake up and he said something and I laughed and woke up. I've had some really weird dreams though. For me the worst ones are when I'm somewhere high and I fall and hit the ground. It's a pretty bad feeling.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
A reoccuring dream (I've had it about five times that I can remember over the past few years), is where I'm living in another town in what I think is the UK, like I'm living another life, I can remember the layout of the town, the look of the train station, a traffic bridge, a water fountain in the square with pigeons, I remember the traffic and I could drive (even though in my real life I don't drive).

Nothing unusual in the dream itself, nothing really happens, but that's my point it's too real, every time I've dream about it, i can walk around the town, almost lucidly but i can never find the name of the town on any signs, which is frustrating...

It makes me wonder, have I been here before or is it just a creation of my mind?

I've got lots of others, but I'd like to hear about your 'funny' little dreams, reoccuring or not....

[edit on 4-12-2007 by mr-lizard]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sandman441

The falling one's are scary, or for me at least it's the dreams of where you are ABOUT to fall, but are still clinging on to the edge of a ledge or something...

But maybe that's my subconscious fear of heights?

I've also had a dream where I met my deceased Grandfather again, which was just so good for me, I woke up with tears in my eyes, but happy....

Amazing how dreams can be so powerful...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Nice thread. I remember some dreams from years and years ago, as if I had them yesterday. Most of my favourites are ones where I've predicted an event that happened later, in real life. Meaningful to me obviously but some would say as there's billions of dreams occurring every night there must be at least a few hundred folk dreaming something that will come true, and that it's just coincidence. Law of averages or 'summit'. Besides all that though I've had certain dreams I'll never forget because they left me with an intense emotional impact that will stay with me forever. Bad ones as well as good. A particularly nice dream was myself standing in a crowd of folk then standing face to face with a long-haired guy wearing (believe it or not) a one-piece metallic-blue "space-suit". I felt an immense love and peace (like meeting Jesus or something)and then he walked me into a shimmering curtain that was falling from an object in the sky, and I woke up. I actually cried because the dream was over and it felt like someone close to me had died, it was that powerful. My scary dreams have been equally as realistic.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies so far...

Just remembered another one that made me cry... I was walking along a field when I had this sudden urge to look up into the sky and when i did, I saw this green rucksack falling from the sky where it landed a few hundred yards away from me... When I got to it, I noticed it was like a students bag covered in various badges...

For some reason I just got overwhelmed with... I dunno what emotion it was really, melancholy or nostalgia or something....

Really odd that one.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Alright here is my most memorable and vivid dream. I have only told this to close friends and a couple of lovers. I had it about ten years ago.

I was being man-handled by an angry mob and I was tied up under a guillotine. Someone spoke to me despite the noise of the crowd and I was given a chance to recant or reject something in return for my life.

I refused.

The man stepped back out of view and I saw the blade above me and then heard the noise and felt the vibrations of it falling towards me.

Everything went black for a while.

When I came round, I sat up and looked around. I was in a crowded and cramped area. Across from me an old man with a white beard was looking at me as if he was awaiting me to awake. He was wearing ancient Greek/ Roman attire and was surrounded by a lot of people who were talking among themselves and who paid me no attention.

Looking around, I saw that I was within the hull of an old wooden ship. I saw daylight coming through a hole in the hull so I walked over to it in order to look outside.

I saw the sea as expected but we were not on the sea, we were flying over it in the air. Moreover, I saw several other boats flying beside us as if they were heading towards the same direction. The boats were the Roman kind that were pulled by slaves with oars. I saw the oars of the other ships being pulled to and fro as if they were on the sea but the oars were pulling the boats through the air.

I had a real sense of calm within this boat following the violent mayhem of the mob at the guillotine. This is all I can remember of this dream.

I have other vivid dreams but I will not hog the stage.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Sol_Invictus]

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Sol_Invictus]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by sandman441

The falling one's are scary, or for me at least it's the dreams of where you are ABOUT to fall, but are still clinging on to the edge of a ledge or something...

But maybe that's my subconscious fear of heights?

I've also had a dream where I met my deceased Grandfather again, which was just so good for me, I woke up with tears in my eyes, but happy....

Amazing how dreams can be so powerful...

Yeah I don't wake up before I hit so I get this really bad feeling right before I hit the ground. I've never had the hanging on a ledge type of dreams though. The one off the top of my head I can remember is I'm trying to get out of a tree and I just end up jumping. Otherwise I can see the ground coming up at me and then I get that bad feeling and that's it. I'd like to dream about my grandfather and ask him a question as I've never met him and we've been doing family history and don't know what his original last name is.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Mine can be found here

My Dream

It's so strange, it seemed so real.... I actually woke up 3-4 times during this dream, and when I would fall back to sleep, the dream would start up again....

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
We have an entire forum dedicated to Dreams and Personal Predictions.

This thread will be moved to that forum, please continue your discussion there. Btw, for those unaware, your login is the same on BTS as it is on ATS.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
when i was five my mother would always come in my room and kiss me goodnight....

One day when i went to bed a fell asleep right away, but i had a dream as if i did not. Well i feel the kiss goodnight, but i open my eyes in my dream and an alien is there instead of my mother....

after that dream my life changed, forever....

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well, this dream is sorta kinda personal, but when I read the title I realized that it certainly belongs here.

There wasn't much to the dream, it only involved one sense. Touch.

It was a kiss. That was it, just the feel of another's lips pressed against mine. And yet, even though it was a dream, it was so real....

*sigh*

Probably was making just out with my pillow, lol. All the same, it was so supremely wonderful, that I don't think I'll ever forget the sensation.

It was just amazing....

I wasn't going to tell anyone about that one, but I saw the thread I knew that it belonged here, lol.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

hello mr. lizard. very very interesting topic. thanks form opening it. i have had what you call repetitive dreams. one is where i feel as if i am living in a tight cramped place that i can'y tolerate any longer. then i just happen to open a door and find another room. and it is beautiful. then i open another door and find another room that is bigger and more beautiful than the last. and this goes on and on throughout the entire dream. and the dream is the same no matter how many times i dream it. it's been going on for years.
another repeat dream is where i last visited my grandfather before he died. he keeps trying to tell me something and the closer i get trying to hear what he's saying, it makes me wake up because i am trying so hard. i have the distinct feeling that what he is trying to say is so very important.
any thoughts on these? you said that you had some opinions and i would really like to hear some feedback on these. thanx

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
oh one other thing while we are talking about dreams. has anyone ever been dreaming a very terrible dream and knew you were asleep and felt like if you could just wake up you would be alright? you try to scream but you know that no one can hear you? you even try to throw yourself from the bed hoping it will wake you up, but you can't move. i really hate those.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

Sounds very similar to sleep paralysis where I've been asleep, but aware of my sleeping state and had a creepy and terrifying feeling, where i've tried to wake myself up, but cannot.... and the feeling just gets worse and worse....

As for my theories, I do believe that sleeping is a way of 'tapping into the source', an ancient practice of predictions and enlightenment.

A few poster have mentioned their grandparents and I do believe sometimes it's more than a dream, maybe a way of communicating with whatever energies remain of the deceased...

I'll elaborate more later...

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
thank you for your reply mr. lizard. i will be checking back on this topic as i am very interested in hearing further opinions that you have. so far i tend to agree with the answers you offered. thanx

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Okay like I said, I'm no expert, but since a young, young age I've always been interested in peoples dreams (and my own), in fact I think it's sleepin that fascinates me too...

Sleep is the most natural state in my belief, and although their are varying sleeping patterns using various states of mind, Sleep is also one route to experiencing out of body experiences and Lucid dreaming...

I first encountered lucid dreaming, after practising out of body experiences, which i never really had much luck with... but I then started listening too Binaural beats, and then for some reason I could occasionaly take control of my dreams... but with the lucid dreams also came sleep paralysis...

Bare in mind I had never encountered or experienced either phenomena before practising..

But that's going off trail slightly, I also think sleep is like returning to the source (I don't call it God, or anything else, just like the source, the big battery if you will), I think yes, your subconscious deals with certain elements in your life, but i think those elements become 'thing's in a 'realm', almost sub-physicaly, like defragging your head or something...

Astral travelling can be acheived via meditative sleep, as can OOBe's, so why not be somewhere inbetween, like your own sub-realm created within you, but connected to the invisible energy around us.... I think lucid dreams are a fragmented version of astral travelling...

Sorry if it sounds like hippy gibberish, but if you must know, i'm a music producer / journalist and tend to take life semi-seriously these days, but dreams have been a fascination since being a kid and i take that subject very seriously with all my heart.

I have more stuff if anybody is prepared to listen?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

please continue mr.lizard. i find this topic very interesting. personally i don't think i would ever attempt an oobe or astral projection. but i am interested in other ppl's concept of dreams.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
sizzle, i have gotten to the point were i can wake myself out of dream basicly at will. So i cannot relate to your situation.

One of my most memable dream of was when i was very young, about 10-15 years ago, it was in Florida, me and my little brother were being fishing, and pulling in massive fish. Lots of fish.

Soon the level of the water started to rise, our enitre family jumped in a Hummer (H1) and begain driving down the road. The water was still rising and we were out running the water, and the fish, that had now turned on us and wanted to kill us for some reason.

As we barroled down the road, a helicoptor came over us and began to take us from the Hummer. My youngest sister fell as she was climbing into the chopper, and fell to the fish.

As we were pulling away in the helicopter a mushroom cloud appeared on the horizon, and my dream went bright orange, and thats that last part i remembered of it.

This was before i had ever been or lived in florida, i have no idea what it meant, and still dont have a friggin clue.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
i remember one time jesus spoke to me in a dream...

it was f'n amazing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join