It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The USA Becoming A Third World Country??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I just want a public oppinion on this with all the illegals and our economy in shambles.And it seems there are alot of books on this subject recently.And I was just wondering if this has been talked about before? Like other fear subjects such as fuel shortages and global warming/cooling etc.

In my oppinion it seems as if Bush has no care for our country at all.Especially since I heard his remark about cutting civillian jobs in the US rather than cutting back on civillian jobs in Iraq where they make way more money such as Black Water security and Haliburton.It seems to me they would have the Iraqi people filling those jobs to save rather than harming us at home..Not to mention he also seems to welcome illegal immigration which is bringing us down even farther.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Sentinel 1]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
with the overpopulation, and how the economy is going
i will say, yeah it is becoming a third world country.
is also losing power over the world

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Drzava]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
China or Indias populations are huge compared to ours and they seem to be ok....On the economy side though I agree that has alot to do with it our infastructure seems to be getting absolutely no attention what so ever....And that is usually the cause of third world countries. Kinda hard to grow an economically with out any roads or bridges.O and jobs of course.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
China and Indias populations are huge compared to ours and they seem to be ok....On the economy side though I agree that has alot to do with it our infastructure seems to be getting absolutely no attention what so ever....And that is usually the cause of third world countries. Kinda hard to grow an economically with out any roads or bridges.O and jobs of course.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel 1

but in india and china there is alot of farms, and lots of people have abussines of their own, most shops, there are ma and pa's shops
in amerika, they depend of jobs, like mcdonalds,etc, city job, big conrporation jobs.
and india also has oil, and usa depends in exportation from china.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I dont know I always came from the school of belief that cities and corporations were supposed to be a sign of prosperity rather than a sign of poverty.Maybe just me but I havnt seen many farmers wearing camel hair 3 peice suits or driving nice cars.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Sentinel 1

and thats why amerika will faild, because people get too greedy
in amerika people tink the economy will not faild, so they just trow money away because they are blind, and think the economy will not faild

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
America was built on their own ingenuity. We may have become complacent and lazy but I cannot see us becoming a third world nation even if a major calamity were to happen. We may fall for a short time, but I fully believe that we would pick ourselves up by the bootstraps and carry on. We are a nation that has always been self reliant and for many years fed the world. Our developments in agriculture and technology have changed life on this planet for the better. We are only one generation away from the greatest generation of development of all time.[the baby boomers] The american people are some of the most independent in the world, I don't see that changing much. The only thing that might truly keep us down would be the political powers and fascist corporations. In a truly catastrophic event they may well become mute. We are the country that first construed that all were equal and had freedoms granted by God. I simply don't see us staying down for long. However I do think we may see a collapse soon and find ourselves in a large hole out of which we must climb.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
England had the same problem over the last 50 years, its powers has slowly been diminishing, im guessing that this will happen to the USA, then whoever is the most powerfull!?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well, looking at the direction we're heading, I'd say that we will be one day. I weep for this country in fifty years, by that time I'll be too old to any longer give a #...
However,if we continue to follow the open borders policy that we currently have, in fifty years from now, this country won't be worth spit...

[edit on 4-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
China and India have one distinct advantage over America, an enduring culture. For too long we have been taught to become hyphenated Americans. African-Americans, Latino-Americans, Italian Americans, how about just being American?

We get spoon fed this BS that multiculturalism and diversity is what makes American strong, but that isn't true. What made America great was people coming to this country wanting to become "American." Illegals don't want to be Americans, they want to be whatever they are. People of all different colors can rally around a common goal and still maintain who they are culturally, but the illegals don't want to do that.

So, yes we will ultimately become a third world nation once the dirt bag politicians, big business, and labor get the amnesty package they want and then begin dragging us into the NAU.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
i sadly have to agree that the us is headed down hill. our debts around the world and the impacts of exporting so much of our industry and labor positions has left us bottom up.

globalization, corporate domination, and corrupt government has led us astray.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Man you people have a poor outlook for America and with what? No proof at all to what America may become. You can't compare America with other countries that have more farms and all the other past products we had. But how can you say that all the border passages are gonna do us in when maybe it's the plan in the first place. America is the only place you will find every nationality on one continent. America is the land of the free compared to all other nations. Yes I know, you'll debate that til your death but it's true. Do you all actually think that America is gonna go down without a fight? I'm not gonna go into WWI & WWII just for respect of other nations but they attacked and we woke up. America is a land of all descent and will continue to spread freedom.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
IMO,only a war against Iran can save the economy and dominancy of USA.
U.S needs WAR and perhaps Bush ougthts to start a war.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by nanoha

Do you honestly think our eceonomy would be able to handle a war with Iran???? Especially if it turns into another Iraq.....And I would be willing to bet it would except three times worse...Because China and Russia would certainly enter on Irans side or perhaps China would go after other interests in which we know they have been keeping their eye on.....

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
But how can you say that all the border passages are gonna do us in when maybe it's the plan in the first place.

You're right, that is the "plan." It is the plan to destroy America.. "Hey, let's flood this country with a bunch of people who come from gutter countries and turn this great and beautiful nation into what those countries are. That way, we are all on equal footing."
You're right, that is the plan.

new topics

top topics

join