It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: SimiusDei Rants on Trolls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
PODcast:

SimiusDei Rants on Trolls

*EXPLICIT*
Put on the headphones for this one, or at least get the kids outta the room.

This is just me ranting on the seeming increase of trolls here lately.

Enjoy and leave feedback as you deem appropriate.

length: 19:57
file: btstpod_2681.mp3
size: 18707k
feed: btst

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Hahahha

Just ot rip off "the Rabbit", let me include this:

If you like this podcast, FLAG THE MOTHA!

Jasn

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Thumbs up buddy! Aces podcast.
Man I could not have said it better.
I believe I speak for many when I say that I have dealt with groups of trolls and got a couple of them banned.It does piss me off.
I hope this makes other members more aware.
You dealt with this fabulously.

Now FFS go to bed!

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

I flagg'd it bro !!!!!
......even though ya forgot to give a shout out to my girl ...... but... I'll have to agree with ya on the troll stuff and that the members make this site what it is .... even though it's own'd by the Three Amigos . In my mind I'd like to think of myself as bein' a "major contributer" on BTS .... but since I'm not that much of a Big Head I won't brag about it
. The same could be said about my bro "Hector Morales" ....... without 'em ATS would be different ..... and I'd have no villian to go against .

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Simius, I agree...

I have seen and continue to see people who post the same thing over and over and over on almost every thread... They are trying to make a "point" and they wind up devolving into a # throwing contest.

One of the reasons that I was so against anonymous posting was precisely because of this.. You made some legitimate points,Simius.

Look at the thread about the young lady who claims she found something on her camera. Folks, you may not believe her but she's a damn child for Christ sake!!! Be gentle with her, don't say that she's "stupid" or whatever...

[edit on 4-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
By the way, thank you for mentioning me on your podcast, bud... You're one of my favorite, Simius.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
SimiusDei Rants on Trolls
That was so raw, so real, and correctly presented, I feel. This podcast needed to happen, hoping with you for some good change! Quite nearly lost my composure (and hopefully not too much respect from good members here) last week behind a troll who, ultimately, had not one word of backup for his/her position, just criticism. I think until something can be figured out how to de-troll the place (or at least strongly manage it), I might just completely ignore that aspect of challenge to my posts from here on. I mean, what's the profit, even if I win a contention with a troll?

Loved the listen . . .

[edit on 12/4/2007 by OptionToChoose]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OptionToChoose

Thanks for the kind words.

I can't even recall how many of my threads I have had to abandon in the last couple of months because the trolls took them over and I didn't wanna do anything to catch the ban stick.

Jasn

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Great podcast Simius. I feel the same way.

I do have a few in mind as well, its like there's a troll fan club
. Can I join?

Don't worry about it, soon they'll be banned.

Ride that damn fence

[edit on 12/4/2007 by biggie smalls]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
You know what, man.. I don't mess around in the UFO forums or anything, but I've noticed a fair share of stars on unwarned, unregulated Muslim bashing posts. That's what really pisses me off. I've even alerted certain posts to "super moderators" and they seem to get a lot done.........................................

I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

And hats off to you, Anhinga, and SpeakerofTruth. I'm a big fan of all your posts, even though we don't agree on everything. F*** the trolls, keep 'em coming.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues

And hats off to you, Anhinga, and SpeakerofTruth. I'm a big fan of all your posts, even though we don't agree on everything. F*** the trolls, keep 'em coming.

Thank you, Deadflags... As a matter of fact, I think we just encountered one subject where we kind of butted heads...
You know, the scientology bit.. Uh, yeah..
Like I said, Deadflags, thank you for the compliment.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I can't believe how much I've found myself in disagreement with "friends" and agreement with people who I never thought I would be. Even though I disagree with many people on these boards doesn't mean I don't have respect for them. I usually find myself in disagreement with the likes of Centurion, Pavil, and Tom_Bedlam on certain issues but have the utmost respect for all of them. Mostly because they make me work for it, and it's usually not the common steamroll as I'm so used to. Their validity rivals that of mine from a different perspective. In fact, I think this whole "Friend/Foe" thing is kind of silly because more often than not, I tend to agree with what I would consider "foes" on issues that are totally off the wall. We're all just people trying to make sense of this gigantic gray area called "life" and this little forum is a scaled down model of that.

And yes.. Scientologists need to pitch in, build a rocket, and find their home planet.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by DeadFlagBlues]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
IMO - discussion can take place on this board without the profanity, rather it be in posts or in pod casts.

Now about the trolls, there will always be those who feel they have to be a problem. Other are trolls and don't really understand that they're being a troll.

Just glad we have a great team here at ATS to deal with it, and great members who can spot it and point it out.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Speak for yourself. If it doesn't have the S, F, H, words in them, I'm not listening.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Nothing beats a good rant, eh Simius. I'm more of a reader than a poster myself, but if I had a nickel for every interesting thread I've left after skimming a few pages of nothing but bickering back and forth, I'd have a few nickels.

A flag from me.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I wanna say thanks.I was a lurker for about a year and then I finally joined a few months ago.I liked what I saw about ATS and had no fear about sharing my experiences.I posted My first thread and was attacked immedietly by "trolls".Man, I didnt know what #in hit me.It was insane.My words were broken down in little paraphrases and critiqued.I was slammed as a moron who had no eyes, had no ears, and had no brain.They proceeded to tell me I needed them to tell me All. Everything I had experienced was imaginary or misconcieved.I had some people,who were obviously longtime members,come to my defense,I felt their knowledge of the people who were attacking me,I new something was up.A long simmering battle was going on.I felt it, but didnt understand. til now. Rock on dude.Fight the good fight. im in. peace.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by ralph nader]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Man,I hear what you say and good points.
Just don't give those trollers a reaction that will get you into trouble.The sort of folks who troll are the sort who would love to get legitimate members like yourself into trouble...they would feel empowered by sowing negativity on the board.
Like you said,theres a chance that there are only a few trolls who just keep on IP spoofing new accounts when banned.
Maybe some of them actually get paid to do it in these strange times,if you catch my drift.

Which brings me on to the "ignore" button...I guess you don't use it.I don't either though I am tempted sometimes,I feel it sort of defies the spirit of ATS.
Good 'cast man!

new topics

top topics

join