It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adoption??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I want to know what you guys think about adoption.

Basically, I'm almost 9 weeks pregnant.

I was supposed to have an abortion, but I couldn't go through with it because I personally think it is morally wrong and could not put myself in that position.

My boyfriend and myself have decided that a better choice for us would be to give the baby up. As we're both pretty young we just simply cannot support the child right now. We decided it would be better to give it to someone who is financially stable and can handle having a child.

Since I have told my friends about our decision, many of them have been very disapproving. Some of them have even told me that I would have been better off getting the abortion because it would be better than having the child find out that they were "not wanted".

What do you guys think?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Oh honey..perhaps Iam not the best one to give you advice because everyone's situation is different.However, I have been on both sides of the coin.My mother gave me up for adoption at birth.I did grow up knowing I was adopted, and feeling unwanted.I since found my birth family, but the connection did not establish, and I still feel unwanted.
Now..I found myself pregnant at 15.My boyfriend was 19.Because I too am against abortion, and because of my own adoption experience, I chose to keep my son.He is 20 now.Iam so proud of him.
Many people think you need to give a child up because you financially can't give them what they need.
Honey, I grew up with everything I financially needed.What I didn't have, was love.You can't buy it.If you love this baby and want to raise it, there are ways you can do that.I don't want to influence your decision because I don't know what else is going on in your life.Of course there are many childless couples who would make wonderful parents.But it is devastating to a child to find out they were given up.They will seek answers to questions.They will feel incomplete.YOU will always wonder where they are, how they are doing.Are they happy or sad.
Make sure you can live with whatever choice you make.
AccessDenied
Good luck to you my dear, best wishes for you and your baby.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Hey,

First I recommend that you seek professional advice, Know all your options and then you can weigh it all up,

I believe you should do what's right for you and the baby, If you really feel that you can not take care of the child, then adoption is a good choice,

What ever decision you are going to make its going to be a big one and a life changing one, Which is why im going to really again suggest that you seek advice from the proper people to help you,

If you are not sure what these organisations are then just say what city you are in and we can at least find some links for you,

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
i agree with asala... i have given a baby up for adoption, and it hurts every single day but it was for the best for me .. not everyones menatality(sp) and charactor are as mine.. i was in the same situation that you are in... financially unstable.... i had what is considered an open adoption where i get letters and pictures from the adoption parents... so i do keep in touch.. but it is still so hard.. but the one thing that helped me the most is the advice i recieved from the adoption counslor(sp),,, she helped to weigh everything out.. so before you take that final step.. seek help from a professional but in the end follow your heart and mind.. DO NOT do what others want you to do, do what YOU want.. they will not have to live with your decision.. you do... so again if you want to state the area you live in i can also help you find some people who can help you, not force you..ya know?.. you can u2u me if you do not want to post it... or if you just wanna talk i do not mind telling of my experiences and feelings if it would help u.. or if you just wanna cry, shout, curse, or anything on my shoulders.. i am just a keyboard away.. either way ... good luck..

[edit on 11/20/07 by CHIYANNE]

new topics

top topics

join