It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ethereal Spiders

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
What do these look like exactly?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
"Ghost Spiders"

Back when I used to meditate and try to reach the astral plane before bed I would awaken in the middle of the night as if having a night terror ( which happens every so often ) I would open my eyes and hear this voice in my head, the words are in my language but at the same time I am unable to understand what I am being told. The things I've seen on my walls look like spiders that only appear during a meditation session and after I have gone to sleep. These Spiders are about the size of a goliath spider but have long legs like a garden spider.

The intent of these "spiders" is still unknown to me they appear at random, and usually just sitting on the wall spitting out jibberish and watching, one of them proclaimed itself as a robotic spider which visted me more than once, perhaps to appeal to my love of scifi, now the spiders appear as a sort of organic creature yet still not here, could these beings be from another reality? I've read that spiders possess some sort of ability for sensing.

So in the end I believe some sort of Ethereal spiders do exist.

( Is it odd I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night, turn on the light and target a specific area of my room and I usually find an insect or spider laying there? as if my senses are tuned into the frequency to sense them? )

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sethdarke

Ok so they dont hurt you? I am TERRIFIED of spiders and I have never heard of these. I know they arent the real life spiders we see daily but this kind of freaks me out. Will they harm you if you can see them? What do they do??

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thill
hmm i wonder if setting up a thermal camera while going to sleep would do the trick of catching them red handed ..Now just where to get a thermal camera ...hmmm ..

I think I'll try to see them somehow
hmm i wonder if my ability to tell my body when to wake up could be helpfull in that (basicly I can make myself wake up at any time I want without a watch just by thinking that I have to wake up at a specified time ie 4am)

Since I was little I have always been able to wake up whenever I tell myself to. I have never used an alarm clock. When I go to bed I tell myself I need to be up at this time and it's always worked. My bf says I am a freak of nature for not needing an alarm clock but I think I'm lucky

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I have seen these things too. I believe these are astral wildlife. I feel the reason why people some people can see them is because they are brain waves are altered somehow. (Tired, Fever, High, Open, Mental Illnesses, and stress) I believe our eyes nose ears mouth and touch are all designed for interface with our world.

Our brains are the interpreters of the information of these devices, in my opinion our brain waves determin which dimension or plane we are in tune with. of course our brains are most in tune with our dimension. but in some cases when people alter their brainwaves they may be partially in tune with our dimension as well as another dimension.

The most strange thing about this is people who use crystal methamphetamine they all seem to complaine about spiders. This seems to me that they are all altering their brain waves in relatively the same way, and they are all seeing relatively the same creatures. Or people who lose a loved one are stressed again altering their brain waves and possibly seeing their loved ones ghost.

People who have mental illnesses like schizophrenia may be in tune with a few different dimensions they no longer operate like us so we try to mdicate them before they lose it entirely. their brain may just be over loaded with all this conflicting information.

Who knows just another thing to ponder...
P.S I suck at posting things... Peace

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
OK I've seen these too.

Infact just last night I woke up to seeing spider like creatures around my room on my wall and ceiling, AND there was a flylike bee or something buzzing around my ear like it was trying to get in, I HATED that lol.

It happens when I'm in half asleep half awake state, when I fully wake up they slowly dissapear.

These spider like things are like fist sized or bigger, they don't look exactly like a spider, and they seem to look more like ghost spiders, kind of light fuzzy looking.

What bothers me is, I would just say these are some sort of hallucination, but I can't.

Because why has it happened more than once to me? Why spiders? Why are they are just casually hanging around my room like they are really there but I can't normally see them?

They main thing that bothers me is, why are other people seeing them too!? how can we all be seeing the same hallucination?

Interesting thread. Had to bump it

edit: here's a thread I found, I'm sure there are also a LOT more people experiencing this, it is indeed quite interesting.
www.talkaboutsleep.com...

[edit on 5-5-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about them. If they exist, they are probably some kind of weavers/spinners of the fabric of reality. At least thats the explanantion you'll find in various myths and folklore around the world.

The spider has traditionally been associated with fate and creation in various cultures.

So they are probably just working. That is if they are there.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
If one is to believe there is some kind of [semi-]coherent astral, parallel domain, then it seems to me that astral wildlife [as others have suggested] seems very natural.

In fact to me all the grand schemes ascribed to other, more seeming intelligent astral beings may largely be nonsense & most these beings are just in fact intelligent semi-wild life themselves.

I think we have a tendency to 'see'/believe there is some great coherence both in astral & 'mundane' realities, but i am pretty dubious about most of it. Of course that could be based on my own independent lifestyle.

If there is some grand coherence it is probably deeply buried & hard to discern form & structure & may be very transitory in nature as well. Sort of a rolling coherence, constantly restructuring, & if it is trying to be deceptive it probably uses a lot of circuitous tracking/connections.

That is not to say these ethereal spiders [or other wild 'fauna'], if they exist, should be dismissed.
They may need attention, but it probably resembles something more like mundane 'pest' control.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by slank]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I haven't seen this spiders clearly only some movement with the corner of my eye.But the worst part is that i feel them all the time.I can feel them walking all over my body.I have no sleeping disorders,i am not afraid of spider,bugs etc and i feel that in states not when i'm sleepy,but wide awake.

I was always wondering what was that.Up to know it was just annoying,thinking that it was just my imagination,now it starts to be a little scary.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I have also experienced this phenomena, and I know at least in how it seems to trigger.

If I wake up suddenly and my focus was in a dream, the sudden wake-up seems to leave a residual amount of possible seritonin or other sleep related neurological chemicals that need to flush.

For a few seconds, I can usually see a merge between dream reality and waking reality while this neurological chemical flush occurs. It is in this small moment that all manners of very real imagery can appear:

Here is a few common images
1.) Spiders.
2.) Moving tangled strings.
3.) Swirling blobs.
4.) Human sized ghost like movement or shadow people.

Here are some very rare, one-time occurrences:
1.) A skull with bat wings.
2.) An Eagle.
3.) Goblin like humanoid at side of bed.

It usually akin this to some type of waking hallucination while the brain wakes up suddenly. This only ever occurs if I wake up instantly with eyes open from perhaps REM sleep?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Have some experience with these buggers over the years, my wife's sleep is regularly disturbed by them, startling awake to find them hovering above her, she has also has awakened choking which we only recently associated with the spiders. I saw them myself for the first time the other night (I only saw shadows) but they moved exactly where she pointed them out. Just as already mentioned, they tend to scurry away to certain points on the ceiling before vanishing, like running for the exit. My wife has observed some morphing consistent with what has been reported, transparent @ times, resembling a wad of black tangled thread, sometimes with many legs as many as 12, on occasion, the dangling ones when in clear focus appear more crablike (King Crab) with segmented legs coming to points. They don’t seem to have mastered moving like a spider as they appear awkward but still get where they are going quickly. At times they appear in clusters or mounds.
It’s obvious they are manifesting on the lower astral, yet they don’t respond to banishing as most elemental entities, which leads me to believe that they are (extra dimensional). They don’t seem to respond to orgoneite, thought forms, or the influence of astral tides. I don’t know what manner of beings they are or where they come from, or why they bother some people and seem to ignore others. Are they parasites of some kind? I have attempted to tune into their frequency, in order to derive an antagonistic frequency which could be programmed into orgonite or crystals to repel them or keep them from taking form here, but I have had little success so far. All info is appreciated, along with your respect and compassion, I realize this sounds like delusional ranting to those who can’t relate, but it’s a comfort to know that there are others who share in this experience.

posted on Nov, 29 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Etheral spiders in my opinion are one of the most amazing sights to see. I absolutley love these amazing creatures... I thought twice about stepping on a spider that looked venomous, but i just picked it up with paper to be safe and it moved quicker than the usual spider of course. If you belive in spirits though, which i do and understand that both worlds are intertwined into a web, a web of many demensions, galaxies, universes and so on so forth. My first incounter was at night i was talking to my spirit mom, and i got done talking it was sorta dark, but i had a light on. You can think its a wisp, glow, etc... but its what you believe it is to be, or want it to be. Could be real as can be or movie like as you want its all in your mind.!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Experienced these many times, also experienced figures and large beetles or wasps even non-shadowy objects like playing cards and a floating filing cabinet. Just hypnopompic hallucinations nothing to worry about really

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Wow, Ive never heard of this before or have seen anything like it. Sounds like hallucinations, but its too much of a coincidence that alot of you have experienced the same thing. I hope i don't get in trouble for bumping this. Maybe it explains my phobia of bugs...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join