It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan: Female Suicide Bomber Killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Pakistan: Female Suicide Bomber Killed

www.examiner.com

A female suicide bomber, apparently aiming to attack a military post, blew herself up near a Christian school in the northwestern city of Peshawar on Tuesday, officials said, in Pakistan's first known case of a suicide attack by a woman.

Police officer Ashraf Khan said the woman was walking near a Christian missionary school and a military checkpoint when explosives strapped to her body went off, killing her instantly. There were no other casualties.

Interior Ministry spokesman Javed Iqbal Cheema said the bomber, who was wearing a burqa, tried to approach the military post but was stopped by troops.

"On realizing that she cannot approach the security personnel, she exploded herself," Cheema told a weekly news conference at the ministry in Islamabad.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Just what motivates someone to push the button?

To knowingly wrap yourself in explosives, go to a location and trigger the bomb must take some real courage.

What must be going through your mind as you set it off?

Have you been promised a wonderous afterlife? Have you been forced into it through either brainwashing or a physical threat to family members?

No matter what theories are used to make someone be a suicide bomber still takes an immense amount of bravery by the person carrying it out.

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
What must be going through your mind as you set it off?

Have you been promised a wonderous afterlife? Have you been forced into it through either brainwashing or a physical threat to family members?

No matter what theories are used to make someone be a suicide bomber still takes an immense amount of bravery by the person carrying it out.

I think both of them things are probably contributors.

Bravery comes with something you truly believe in I guess. You'd go and fight bravely and die for your country and your family right?

I guess they see in in a same sort of way, where they are prepared to die for their religion, except in a more extreme way and without the fighting and the fact that their religion isn't actually at stake...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   

To knowingly wrap yourself in explosives, go to a location and trigger the bomb must take some real courage.

on that statment your one hundred and eighty degres out of phase.

That is about right. They are preped for there suicide makeing it very dificult to change there mind.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by RedGolem]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I think the hardest part would be knowing that you are about to kill and injure many (possibly innocent) people.

People kill themselves all the time. I think it would probably be a lot easier to vaporize yourself than it is to, say, shoot yourself in the head, jump off a building... that type of thing. It would seem to be a much quicker and certain way of doing it.

If you were committed to killing yourself, that wouldn't be that hard. In my mind the hard part would be killing innocent people. To convince yourself that they are the enemy... But then again, in the parts of the world where this is common, that probably isn't a hard sell either.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   

a physical threat to family members?

Tis is what I have heard they do They kidnap a family member and as ransom another family member must carry out the order. This is usually handed off to the families "least desirable member" a female. The kidnap child is a always a boy. The parents see this as a fair tradeoff. The family is then left in peace as having served their allah. They will do this more often now as supplies of willing young men peter out.

It is a sick and twisted society my man.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Simple. When you've got nothing to lose, when your life is crap, when your country is crap, when your leaders are also faeces, plus the brain-washing from people who see a potential to turn you into a weapon, that button looks fairly easy to push.

Out with a bang! Take out as many with you. Goodbye cruel world. Hello hell... eh? Oh noes! I've been conned.

Pity.

apc

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
on that statment your one hundred and eighty degres out of phase.

Exactamundo. Suicide is always a cowardly act. Blowing yourself up so you can take other people with you is so yellow it hurts my eyes.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by apc

Thanks APC, glad you agree with that.
I hope most will.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
To apc and RedGolem,

Those of us who have ever read stories or seen films about almost any war will soon enough come across the odd individual who realizes that a sacrifice must be made in order to save others.

Commonly known as a suicide mission.

To be in such a situation and to realize that your future actions will most certainly be the end of you in order to assist others from 'your side' is a very courageous decision to have to make.

In this situation, how can you say suicide is cowardly? This form of suicide is for a supposed 'greater good'.

The cowardly suicide you speak of is the ''oh no, everyone hates me, i'm so sad, alone, unloved'' type of character.

Take the Japanese Kamikaze dive bombers in WW2. They committed suicide for what they believed to be a greater good.

Could you step into an airplane loaded with high explosives and fly it directly into an enemy warship, from which you're also under fire from and then direct your plane into it's decks?

That took courage and belief to do that.

How many war stories do we here of wounded soldiers staying behind to hold off the enemy advance whilst the rest of your fellow soldiers escape?

Again, more courage and still it's suicide. If your fellow men carry you, you slow them all down, you all get surrounded and wiped out, or you stay behind and keep firing until you're killed or run out of ammo first.

apc

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Self sacrifice to save lives is courageous.

People blowing themselves up to make a political statement is cowardice.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Self sacrifice to save lives is courageous.

People blowing themselves up to make a political statement is cowardice.

All wars are a political statement.
World War 2 was a political statement.
"We don't agree with your ideology." That's political. Nazism was political. Flying a plane that then drops a bomb, can result in your death - you can be shot down. Thus you run the risk of dying to kill other people and to further your own agenda and cause.

No differnece. You are just trying to place a difference that isn't there.

If you intend to kill someone for what you believe in, you are exactly the same as everyone else who does that. Reguardless of if you kill yourself in the process.

apc

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Perhaps, but we're not talking about that. All I am saying is if someone risks their life in a military venture, knowing they could die but hoping to live, is courage.

Crap like walking into a Starbucks and blowing everyone and yourself up while they're sipping their coffee is undeniably spineless.

This incident at a military post rides the edge but eventually falls into the latter as this woman blowing up a couple troops would not do a damn thing beyond give the troops' parents a flag to put on their mantle.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Of course there's the religious/fundamentalist/whacko reasoning that is prevalent in our thinking nowadays, but on a conspiratorial note, intelligence agencies have been using a drug for years that basically renders a person totally submissive and open to any kind of programming, even programming to kill themselves.

I've become more and more suspicious about that being one of the reasons people will kill themselves so willingly. If you think intelligence agencies are involved in terrorism and it's creation, then it's not so far-fetched to think that programming is being used.

Peace

new topics

top topics

join