It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chimps Have Better Memory than YOU

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Dude I think your goggles are on too tight, a chimp is not a monkey it is an ape. That would mean no tail.

I know, I've seen the planet of the apes too. yeah people have always said that the apes would take over...hard to see them ever doing anything but eat bananas.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I understand. Just replying to the general tone of the thread. I didn't take it that the article was making that assumption. Perhaps I should have made my point clearer?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

How exactly did you draw this conclusion of me being distressed? I never doubted or denied this info. What I was implying with my post is that its not shocking because many other animals have other qualities superior to that of humans.

But please enlighten me on my apparent "Distress". You seem to be soo insightful with that type of stuff

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Maybe you have high expectations for the chimp but don't worry you are still much smarter. I'm sure he can't solve an extremely complex math equation just yet but at least the chimp is smart enough to eat natural food like bananas.
The point that is being made is that animals may perhaps be much more intelligent than originally believed, that alone tends to rub some people the wrong way as evident by most of these posts. Of course it's all relative so I would not be surprised if it is discovered that animals use a greater percentage of their brains than do humans, especially now with so many people spending most of their time playing video games.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join