It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel believes Iran restarted nuclear arms work

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Israel believes Iran restarted nuclear arms work

uk.news.yahoo.com

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli Defence Minister Ehud Barak said on Tuesday that Iran had probably restarted its nuclear weapons programme, contradicting a U.S. intelligence report which said it was frozen in 2003 and remained on hold.

"It seems Iran in 2003 halted for a certain period of time its military nuclear programme but as far as we know it has probably since renewed it," Barak told Israel's Army Radio.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Was waiting for this one to be honest - and the `voice` from israel will get louder and louder till it tries to drown out the rest of the planet.

`we are right and the us is wrong - argue and your anti sematic` - -$10 says anti sematic will be used within the next month in this situation....

i really hope peace can win through (and common sense to be honest) - some people on here want `Iran needs to be dealt with, very soon. ` . lets give peace a chance instead.

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:52 AM
link   

"it has probably since renewed it," Barak told Israel's Army Radio.

probably? what does he base this probably statement on?

He himself "probably" have another agenda then the concern of Irans alleged nuclear weapons programme.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Before the other news falls down the 'MEMRI hole', let me link that thread over to this one.

U.S. Says Iran Ended Atomic Arms Work

*waits for the media fire-storm and the inevitable 'wiped off the map' comment

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I don't think the NIE report will stop them . They will rely on abstracts and half perceptions such as 'as far as we know it has probably since started ' , or ' Iran although not working on a bomb might change it's mind at any time', or 'our intelligence services have been wrong before, they are probably wrong now ' etc etc etc ..

Usual rubbish and fishing around for excuses . We've seen it all before.

Maybe they'd like to work their s 1959 thought crime prevention act into foreign policy and bomb Iran just for thinking about getting a nuclear weapon.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

thank you for saving the link from being `wiped off the forum`

sorry couldn`t help it

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Despite common sense and a complete lack of evidence to back up their assertions, there will still be a group of crazies wanting this war with Iran.
Notice how they are, for the most part, Israeli or Israeli firsters within the US administration. All helped along by uncle Dicky of course.

The piece below is an interesting read:

www.commondreams.org...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
This is a dangerous time.The Israeli Admin will do anything to get the USA back on message..
I mean anything.
The chances of a "terror" attack occurring in the region have just gone through the roof with the release of the US report.
This US report could ironically lead to a speeding up of the pro war rhetoric IMO.
The Bush admin and the Israeli admin will doing anything to change the perception that Iran has caved in.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Yes, I think thats a pretty good assessment. The Israelis know that the US has lost any hope of public support for an attack on Iran now and they'll be going into a huddle to come up with an alternate plan. It's going to have to be something spectacular.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
on the MSM (TV in this case; Fox & Friends) reports the NIE Report

but spent most of their report on the administration & the neocon base
which say that Iran is likely doing a covert resumption of the bomb development, and will likely be able to produce a nuclear weapon as early as 2010-15.

this line of thought could better have been kept out of the public domain
and the administration could pretend to readjust policy & diplomacy in accord with the NIE report...but actually prepare for the worst,
(which would be a Persian nuke by 2010-15)

still another case of the tail wagging the dog can be construed here,
it won't take but several hours before the spinmeisters to
pepper articles with this Israel>Usa = tail>dog ?truism?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I can't say I didn't expect this type of news. I can say however, that I didn't expect on THE SAME ****ING DAY that the US says they aren't making a bomb.

This is ridiculous.

Okay, what's the angle? I think probe and synapse are probably correct. The US could have just went forward with their findings to absolve themselves from any future action. When they "attack" us or Israel, the US will be forced to step in and correct the situation. And they can point back at this report and say, "Hey, we weren't planning this! They forced us to do this. Remember when we said they weren't making bombs???"

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The rolling news bar on sky news just had "breaking news" that our government are still warning Iran poses a serious threat.
Doesn't take long for the MSM to dis the report stating that Iran had stopped atomic activity in 2003.
I think something is going to be engineered to get the masses to disregard the report.
Before Christmas I think.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
i sincerely hope not tbh - personally i would peace to break out.... somewhat concerned though that the `radical` elements in many opinionated countries will push though there very own agenda

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I agree with you 100% on this one. Something smells here but I can't figure out what it is. My conspiracy warning bells are going off all over the place.

This is entirely too easy. I just can't see Bush and Cheney giving up so easily on Iran and "tossing Israel under the bus." There are way more people in the US who strongly support Israel than there are Israelis!

Something else is going on and I don't get the feeling it will be a good thing.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Bush was on the news earlier droning on about this latest report that Iran has stopped atomic work is really a stark warning to us all that they can start their atomic programs up whenever they want...(basically unless we all buy into the neocon war plans).
You could tell this was a blatant attempt to say "I am the president and I don't care what my own intel people tell me,only what the Israelis tell me..."
IMO of course.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Bush could not sell this WAR! That is what it came down too, and the only way now for them to get a piece of that pie is if Israel attack.

Israel are just trying to rattle the cage like a baby having a tirade because they can't go out and play. Now their option is to go and do it by themselves, see how that work for them now. Its easy when someone else is going to do your dirty work.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I don't think Israel will do it alone...
Maybe they would create a situation whereby the US are pressured to act,in the face of some horrific attack or other.
But the MSM reading masses will sure believe that Iran was responsible for the situation.

Like you said Bunch,Its easy when someone else is going to do your dirty work.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It appears, for some reason, that the US doesn't think the public will buy the "weapons of mass destruction" in Iran!

It is now set up for Israel to attack, and of course, "Iran" will respond, most likely at the US fleet in the Persian Gulf as well as Israel.
Then the US will have their "Gold Pass".

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
They ( Israel ) aren't happy with the report being released, nor with the US intelligence agencies.

Whatever one may think of the new National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) report on Iran's nuclear intentions and capabilities, there is no doubt it provides some telling and timely insights into a regime whose true direction and condition many analysts here in Jerusalem have been trying to discern for the past year.

That regime is the Bush administration.

One can only wonder what the information was, how it was interpreted, and especially why this report was released - not long after the US director of national intelligence, Vice Admiral Michael McConnell, had commented that such NIE reports would not be made public.

Still, this was not some lone intelligence estimate leaked to the press by an off-the-record source, but an official consensus report both Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney discussed and signed off on before its release. National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley was quick to assert that it supported the administration's policy of putting international pressure on Teheran, since the NIE also concluded that was what convinced the Iranians to halt their weapons program in the first place four years ago.

Many others will interpret it differently, of course (and already have), asserting that the White House overstated the threat and arguing that now is the time to engage Iran diplomatically rather than trying to isolate it.

What does the NIE analysis really tells us about Iranian nuclear intentions and capabilities? That's anybody's guess. But from a Jerusalem viewpoint, the message it sends from Washington seems to be: If you're thinking of a military strike against Iran's nuclear facilities, Israel - you're on your own.

www.jpost.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Harlequin,

I was waiting for the Israelis to react as well. Looks like they're pretty pissed off...Not that I care anyway.

What makes them so arrogant to think the US will back them if they invade Iran to stop their nuclear ambitions? Let's face it, Israel already has nukes and they don't want anyone else close by to have them. Pakistan and India are far enough away (besides the fact they're essentially in a covert war against each other) to not be a threat. Doesn't Turkey also have some nukes?

Ah I see, Iran is not 'Western-friendly' and Israel-friendly so they must be destroyed. What a bunch of crap.

I can't wait to hear the pro-Israel lobby on this thread calling me an anti-Semite...

P.S. Iran never said they wanted to wipe Israel off the map, just their regime to set a few things straight before I'm attacked again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join