It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time slips, anyone?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

I am sure they have been discussed here in the past, but I haven't seen any recent threads. And, more importantly, I would really like to gather as many REAL and RELIABLE first-hand (if possible) accounts of time slips.

Yes.

Time not only slips - it accelerates as well.

And we can actually control it.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

Now you're talking!

Please, elaborate.

Believe it or not, this IS the place to do it. ;-)

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Vanitas, have you had a surge in people posting about time slips in the past couple of years? Through reading about some "is it sci-fi or is it real?" stories i came across Project: Looking Glass. In it, there were statements that time would become unstable and less constant leading up to 2012. During 2012 they stated that we would all enter a state that we would have infinite knowledge and have no perception of this moment ending. They said that this moment will feel like forever. However, when we come out of this "moment" only 2 or 3 days will have passed. Have you heard anything like this before?

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliick

Oh, I wish this thread were a couple (or more) years old!
But it's only been around - like me
- since last year.

Judging by the amount of such (or related) accounts, either told or sent to me, or the ones I read on other people's websites, there does seem to have been an increase in the past few years.
However, that could easily be attributed to the ever-increasing use of the internet over the world, and also to the increased "awareness" of such phenomena. (Which, in all fairness, also tells us something.)

I have heard ideas similar to the one you brought up - and thanks for bringing it up. Even if one doesn't necessarily believe in 2012 as a milestone it is definitely a thought worth considering.
(And I actually do believe that there are, shall we say, "layers" of timespace being shuffled around in subtle but noticeable ways. I believe that on the basis of my own experience, obviously - but then, what else is there except one's experience?
)

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
This is a great thread!
I had something very odd happen just today, but it was more of a deja vu. But it was a really long and detailed deja vu!

I've always thought time was a liquid flowing thing, not captured in blocks like it's currently presented.

There were several times over the years when I was at work (I hang wallpaper) when time got squirrely. I usually work alone, and having done this job for years, I usually have a pretty good idea of how long it will take me to complete a given area. I recall finishing a room at what felt like the end of the day for me (like it should be around 4 pm) and it's barely noon. I'm good, but not THAT good. That's happened a few times. No other specifics.

I have heard a voice out of the past. This was back in 96, I'd recently split up with my husband. I was quite miserable, lying in bed crying. Late at nite. And I heard, for just a few seconds, the sound of my son's laughter when he was 3 yrs old. He was 17 when this happened. The windows were closed, the a/c was on, and I knew it was him when I heard it.

I've had many experiences of losing time while driving. But no clock verification. Just a start and wondering how I got this far. I think we go into "the zone" when we drive. Especially a familiar route. You're on auto-pilot and your brain is free to be elsewhere. I'll be following your blog and checking more of the links posted here.

To Spooky Fox

DO tell about being able to control it!!!!

Best to all! DG

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ThatDGgirl

Thanks, Girl, that's fascinating.
(And strangely comforting, isn't it? ;-))

I don't know if you're familiar with it, but there is a website called RealityShifters, where there are a lot of stories similar to the accounts here. I think you might find it interesting.

(It is NOT a forum, and I am most definitely NOT its owner or in any way associated with its owner, so I don't think there would be any grounds for me to be court marshalled by ATS for mentioning it here. ;-)

[edit on 2-10-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I have experienced a few time slips, nothing very noteworthy, but I have schizophrenia so unfortunately I do not know whether they were real experiences or just part of my illness. It frustrates me because I have to reality check and validate most of my thoughts and experiences and I end up even more confused because I'm not sure what is "real" and what isn't.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Just to let you know, i do not believe in the whole 2012 = end of days.
i believe that it is the end of an age. Also called "The Great Year". I keep hearing that the earth will stop spinning for 3 days then spin the other way. I can believe that. On December 21, 2012 the earth will be at the closest proximity to the galactic center. Which in theory will have a drastic effect on the earth's rotation and EMF. It will be cool to experience this. Unless it causes some major events. The Great Deluge/Flood happened at the end of an age. Maybe that will happen again

***starts working on an ark***

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Bump thread...okay, This post didn't come up when I searched originally. I have read the blog... it's very interesting and I never realized how many historical people had this event happen to them. I don't know how to close my thread, but figured I'd post to continue in the OP.

As I have said I haven't had any experiences myself(that I know about), but I hope more people will post here about theirs. I've really become intrigued with these events recently. I thought more people were having this happen to them I am surprised there aren't more posts.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Thanks for bumping it, LdySerenity.

I didn't notice it before (because I wasn't around at the time of the "bump").
I am also glad you noticed not all of the time "slippers" were anonymous kooks. ;-)

And I am still waiting for our friend Spooky Fox Mulder to elaborate on his/her earlier post...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliick

Neither do I - not at all.
In fact, I wrote a post (long ago) explaining how all this hoopla about 2012 came into being. (As you can imagine, it fell on more or less deaf ears. :-))

Still, I am willing to be surprised - provided it's a NICE surprise...

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Vanitas]

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

Almost exactly the same thing happened to me about twelve hours ago. For about twenty minutes or so time seemed to move backward, then not move at all.
It's not the first time something like that has happened to me. It doesn't happen often, but it has happened before.

ETA: I see this poster, Illahee, hasn't been around for awhile. I don't see much of the others either.
Shame. This was one good thread, my friend.

edit on 4-6-2012 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2012 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join