It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time slips, anyone?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

It was just a few days after a forest fire, everything was gone except one big pine tree. This sounds silly, I know, but I felt bad for the tree and was talking to it as I ate my lunch.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hoppy

It doesn't sound silly.
It's not a "time slip" of any description - but it doesn't sound silly.

Not at all.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Sorry for the delay, I just now got around to Answering your question from 6-3-2008.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hoppy

Oh, I see...!
Sorry. Ha, this was actually so silly it was funny...

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I've been thinking a lot about - and even discussing (anonymously, needless to say) - this "anomaly" of yours today.
If you don't mind, I would really appreciate if you could tell me: do you happen to remember anything particular about your mood or mindset on either (or any) occasion?
Was there anything at all in you that was different from the previous occasions, when the tree, bench and meadow "were" there?

I realise it's a long shot, especially if it happened a long time ago.
But I know that introspective people sometimes remember amazing details.

(I don't suppose there were any weather anomalies present, or you'd have probably mentioned them?)

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

why did i put (of course) i was driving? I have no cluw
I had a confused moment I guess.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

I've been thinking a lot about - and even discussing (anonymously, needless to say) - this "anomaly" of yours today.
If you don't mind, I would really appreciate if you could tell me: do you happen to remember anything particular about your mood or mindset on either (or any) occasion?
Was there anything at all in you that was different from the previous occasions, when the tree, bench and meadow "were" there?

I realise it's a long shot, especially if it happened a long time ago.
But I know that introspective people sometimes remember amazing details.

(I don't suppose there were any weather anomalies present, or you'd have probably mentioned them?)

I hesitated to get involved in this thread for awhile, but now that Im in I might as well admit that Ive been fascinated/preoccupied with the subject of time-slips for a long time.

I think this long-time familiarity with the subject is the "mood" that induces these kinds of experiences...

...or not induces but makes one notice.

That is to say that anyone experiences time-slips but many fail to notice because they are not paying attention. And they are not paying attention because they dont expect anything of that sort to happen.

It all begins with reading up on the entire subject and considering that time is flexible, malleable, elastic and not as linear and clear-cut as we think. The consideration is that today is not a continuation of yesterday and tommorow not a continuation of today but that each day is like a seperate film-strip that only appears to be connected to the other filmstrips because of the speed at which the filmstrips pass.

So, with this in mind one can notice...

...what objects are there in my surrounding that were not there before?
...what do I notice here that I havent noticed before?
...whats different, whats similar, whats the same?
...what is real?
...am I dreaming?
...what do I remember, what do I not remember?
...what if nothing is as it seems?

and so forth, and so on. This are the weird type of questions I ask myself during an apparently "normal" day.

But the day may not be as normal as it seems.

Weeks can go by without a single friend or acquaintance of yours calling. But then you get into a certain mood and suddenly they all call on the same day. Stuff like this shows that you´ve entered a different filmstrip/timeline...if you know what I mean.

So to answer your original question: Yes, a different mood is like entering a different timeline.

And on that particular day of the building-event I was in a different mood than on many days before. I remember that. Not necessarily a better mood, just a different mood.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I too have hesitated and resisted replying for a while. To one who can understand, it is fascinating. To one who can not understand, and attempts to dabble it can be the unhinging of their own mind and a descent into insanity.

When I sat down here it was 10 minutes to three. When I responded to the last couple of threads I looked up and it said 20 to three. Now it is a quarter to three and I am writing here. I will look at a couple more and at 10 to three get up and move to the other laptop in the chair next to me and continue there.(there is a laptop at each end of the table. one is borrowed and the other is a machine from work.)

Shame it doesn't work for sleep too.

It is now 10 to three.

Disclaimer: clocks not synced to the atomic clock in Boulder.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
hey everybody, so I posted a thread earlier and I think it may belong here. Years ago I wasoutside(in a busy neighborhood) with my father when I felt the ground shake and heard a loud noise, like a buzzing. I looked up and everyone was gone. No cars, no people, all gone. I ran towards the house and as I reached the steps, the sound stopped and my mother was standing in the doorway. I looked back and everyone was where they had been only moments ago. I could never explain it.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by solvo
hey everybody, so I posted a thread earlier and I think it may belong here. Years ago I wasoutside(in a busy neighborhood) with my father when I felt the ground shake and heard a loud noise, like a buzzing. I looked up and everyone was gone. No cars, no people, all gone. I ran towards the house and as I reached the steps, the sound stopped and my mother was standing in the doorway. I looked back and everyone was where they had been only moments ago. I could never explain it.

Thanks for sharing that. Thats really interesting.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by solvo

That's good stuff. Thanks for the rundown. Next time you perceive something is 'off' look at your watch with a casual glance, then as it closes look again for the clues. A working timepiece is the only way to really tell for certain the accuracy of the perception.

Again thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I have wondered the last few months if something that I experienced would be considered something like a time slip. This happend last year in September.

It was a beautiful sunny day, and I had to make a trip into town, which is about 18 miles. There is little traffic since this is way out in the country.

I was driving along at about 60 miles an hour, and I got to a bend in the road. Once I got to the bend, the light outside changed somehow. It was almost as if the tinting on the car windows got darker. As this happend, it almost seemed like I was moving in slow motion. I could see enhanced detail all around me, as if I could single out every blade of grass and leaves on a tree, yet when I looked at the spedometer, I was still going about 60.

After I got around the bend in the road, the lighting seemed to go back to normal and it seemed like I was going at the speed I should have been.

Now what was really strange was that a 20 minute trip into town, only took me 10 minutes, yet it seemed like everything was in slow motion at that bend in the road.

I am still baffled by this one!

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
wow, its almost like you went trough a sort of time warp. like a short cut. as you moved faster "through time" everything outside not moving seemed to slow. interesting. thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

And on that particular day of the building-event I was in a different mood than on many days before. I remember that. Not necessarily a better mood, just a different mood.

I thought so.

Thank you. Every detail of the nitty-gritty, even if it seems banal, really does help towards getting a sense (just a sense) of what may trigger these occurrences.

[edit on 3-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Thank you; I know I appreciate first-hand accounts more than anything!

And I am constantly amazed at how frequent these journeys made in an unusually short (or long) time seem to be.

I hate repeating myself, but... do you happen to remember anything particular about either the weather or your own mood? Anything particular, aside the occurrence itself?

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by solvo

I am glad you reposted it here, so others can see it, too - I kept thinking about your occurrence and trying to bump the thread until I felt just ridiculous...

And yet it's so interesting.

As I said in the original thread, do you remember anything else on that day (or maybe the days before or after) that could be considered out of the ordinary? (Not necessarily "odd" or spectacular in any way, just out of the ordinary: the weather, your mood, electric appliances misbehaving... anything.)

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
reply to post by jasonm56

Please, Jason - share them with us.
OK?

Well like I said, they were small instances and I do have short term memory loss on occations. For instance. During school I will be walking down the hall to class. Once I get to class about 5 minutes in I think "Wait, how did I just walk here"? I will try to think of what I just did before sitting down but cant, even know I know I walked down the hall to class. Its sorta hard to explain, but its just small things like that nothing big or crazy.

Deja Vu is pretty much the same thing for me too, because it happens so often, but its nothing big and I just ignore it.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

The weather on the day I recounted was beautiful. It was sunny, no clouds in the sky at all. When I went around that bend was when the lighting seemed to change. There were still no clouds that I could see. This took place in Louisiana, and it's usually very humid that time of year, but the humidity was low that day. It was almost spring like.

My mood was good. Nothing to occupy my thoughts really. I was taking my time, not in a hurry to get to where I was going. Come to think of it, I was in such a good mood, I was singing along to the radio, but I don't remember what the song was. I do remember turning the radio down when I noticed that it seemed to grow darker outside.

I had to take the same route home, and I was hoping that I might experience the same situation, but the sun kept shining as usual, the whole way.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I have a couple of thoughts here. defining the events can help us determine if we forced them or witnessed them. I am known for some of the work relating to a couple of these, but input and comparison is required when dealing with the unknown.

Are you witnessing or the root cause? Do you know or have you even given it thought?

1. Going into the past for a short time to return to the present.

2. Slipping into the future and back into the present.

3. Stopping time dead still and still perceiving it.

4. Taking control of a predetermined span while it is stopped.

5. Manipulating a specific span forward or backwards and then setting it to motion, out of sequence.

6. The opening up or forking of several parallel time lines and selecting one before they come together.

7. Purposely forking time lines open and then selecting one and closing them.

There are several others but this is more than enough for right here.

Try defining your experience. How did you keep track of it? Did any of your evidence also go away?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

Apparently I never noticed this last reply.
And I am bumping the thread now because I really think the discussion should be continued - if those involved are OK with that, naturally.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join