It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time slips, anyone?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Take it with a "grain of salt".

That you saw an owl?

I will. I promise.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

Your experiences confirm my - and many other people's - suspicion: that "non-linear perception of time" (it's a dubious, inappropriately limited definition, but it's the best I can do at... whoa, past 4 a.m.!) indeed runs in the family - and that it often skips a generation.
(Did you have a lot of contact with your grandmother during your formative years?)

I wouldn't necessarily call these experiences "time slips" - although, in a sense, any occurrence that transcends the usual "order" of things could be related to the perception of time - but they are certainly interesting.

If anything "strange" happens to you again, I hope you record all the relevant circumstances: exact time, weather conditions, etc.
(I know, I am repeating myself like a senile parrot - but it's that important ; ))

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Warlon

Yours is a classic, "textbook" example of a time slip.

I don't know what the cause was - nobody does, as far as I know - but there are probably tens of thousands of people who've had an experience similar to yours. If you haven't visited Realityshifters, you may want to; I think you would find many cases similar to yours.
(And, of course, I'd be very glad to post this on my blog. If you're interested, let me know. You'll find the address, the "instructions", etc. in an earlier post within this thread.)

Anyway, if it ever happens again, do take care to record all the details of the circumstances as precisely as you can. And try to find out, if possible, whether other people had any "strange" experiences on the same stretch of the road.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
It has happened many times before and since. And I have kept track of most of them. (I lost one of my Lost Time diaries when I moved here from Kentucky.) I will have to visit realityshifters and see what they have to say.

I could type in some of my other experiences if you would like.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Not really time slip I guess but kind of similar, was at school and remember the whole world going black for a good 5 seconds, thought it was just me but a girl in front of me was like " did you see that " to her friend. Her friend didn't seem to know what she was talking about and neither did anyone else I asked as if it didn't happen. Very weird.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warlon
It has happened many times before and since. And I have kept track of most of them. (I lost one of my Lost Time diaries when I moved here from Kentucky.) I will have to visit realityshifters and see what they have to say.

I could type in some of my other experiences if you would like.

Yes, I would - especially if they are related to "lost time".
I am sure others would, too.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Not really time slip I guess but kind of similar, was at school and remember the whole world going black for a good 5 seconds, thought it was just me but a girl in front of me was like " did you see that " to her friend. Her friend didn't seem to know what she was talking about and neither did anyone else I asked as if it didn't happen. Very weird.

Did you post about this on ATS before - or was it somebody else?

I am asking because it was one of those posts that finally got me to sign up to this place.

And I've been hoping that somebody else would write about the same experience, because it certainly is one of the weirdest things I've ever heard about. I would be fascinated to find out what it was.

Do you remember any of the specific circumstances: year, time, weather conditions - etc.?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

yeah I posted about it under the title the day the world went black sorry can't link to it at the moment as I'm on my iPod touch and don't know how to copy and paste if you search that title using the search function its the first listing

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Yes, I spent most of my childhood at my Grandparent's farm during the week, while my parents were at work.......My Gram was a great story teller and had dozens of family tales about ghosts, the little people and other 'goblins'......she also read tea leaves.

( Most of my 'events', including the 'time slips' have been on bright sunny days....(the dreams were at night, but usually were about a daytime event.)

reply to post by iCEdTenG

I found the link to your thread, iCEd .....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And an older thread about the same subject, I believe..... I found this one a while back.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
On the night of the mcnaught comet (end of January in 2007) I experienced what could be considered a time slip. I was on a drive to nowhere when I realized I was heading straight up Mt Hood (in Oregon). As I got closer to the top, the radio I was listening to (had NPR on it) suddenly had static and then the topic of the radio station suddenly changed into something that it wasn't talking about just moments before. I kept driving while noticing that something had happened. Its hard for me to explain in words, but I felt like I did some sort of time travel and was listening to the radio during that time and not the 'present' time down the mountain. The radio was talking about religious folks in the political venues and I knew that wasn't something we have today. At least not that I'm aware of, and of course its not something tha tmakes too much sense either. Eventually I drove till i couldn't drive anymore and I found myself in the driveway. I had to go to the bathroom and as I turned the car to the right, my headlights lit up a porta potty and i started to park and get out to use it. Thats when I noticed a young couple who to this day reminds me of me and my husband. They walked up to the car to ask what my name was and they actually said my name before I said my name. It was as if I was supposed to be in that driveway experiencing what I was experiencing. I feel either they were relatives or could possibly be me and my husband in a different time, or maybe it was a glimpse into a parallel universe. They asked me what I was doing there and I said I dont know. I just drove here. They said 'its safe for you to go back now' so I said thanks, and got back in the car to head back down the mountain.

To this day I have very clear memories of this trip but Sadly, this experience happened at the same time that I became very ill (the next week I was in the hospital) A lot of the memories are fuzzy from that night, for example, I can't tell you what day it was, I can just give an idea. I also hadn't been sleeping and was on pain pills for a kneecap dislocation.

As a side note...A couple nights before this, I meditated for the first time and opened myself up to answer a few questions. Sometimes I feel like the trip up the mountain was because of that meditation. I had asked for answers to some questions and that may be the answers I had received but I still haven't figured that part out.

I hope that story makes sense and maybe someone from here could help me figure out what happened. Sadly, I lost my train of thought pertaining to the whole experience after the trip to the mountain and couldn't speak regularly of it. That's part of what put me in the hospital and to this day I wonder if this time slip wasn't real and was just in my imagination. I know I drove the car. I know I drove it to the top of the mountain. I know something happened with the radio, I know that the comet was in our skies and I know that the whole event still has me thinking and its been a year and some now since it happened.

Please don't make fun of me...this is a very serious post, and I'm not making it up. It's taking a lot for me to put this out there to the forum, but its exactly what happened. Or at least it seems like a time slip happened to me, but who really knows.

Tela

[edit on 3/12/2008 by Telafree]

[edit on 3/12/2008 by Telafree]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Another time slip happened about 14 years ago, when I was dating the woman that became my wife. She lived in a town about 15 miles away from my house, and I had been visiting her for the day. I left her house at about 4:30 pm and headed home. I remember crossing the RR tracks just outside of her town, and the next thing I remember is waking up in bed at home. I look at my clock and it's 8:10 AM the next day.
I remember trying to figure out how in the world I got home. I remember the tracks, then nothing. I don't remember the rest of the ride, parking my motorcycle, the rest of the evening, getting undressed, or going to bed. The road between my home and hers has a wicked set of 6 switchbacks in them, so if I fell asleep while riding, you would need a seance (sp) to get this story. I was living with my parents at the time, and they don't even remember me comming home that night, they were shocked to see me the next morning. Scared the hell out of me, because I was riding a motorcycle at the time. (only had my license for about 1 month)

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This is such a great thread. So many wonderful time slip stories. Are there any more out there? Anyone with any ideas on what can cause this or what might cause this? More then just one time in my life time has slipped on me and so this is an importaant subject to talk about (for me.)

Tela

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Telafree

Now that's a night to remember... ; )
It's amazing how many of these time slips happen during driving.

I hope - as I always say (and always sincerely) - I am not breaking any rules here, but if you (or anyone with such a story, provided it's a genuine one) want to contribute this story to my blog, do let me know. (It's not commercial, I am not selling anything.)

But, of course, we read it HERE first .

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

More then just one time in my life time has slipped on me and so this is an importaant subject to talk about (for me.)

Tela

Please DO!

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Warlon

I suppose it's redundant to ask you whether you've had a medical condition of some sort - or "black outs" of any sort?
(An ischemic attack would probably be out of the question, because you wouldn't have been able to function normally during the occurrence)

Have you thought of ANY explanation for this, as tentative as it might be?

P.S. Not that any of the other people about whose experiences - very similar to yours - I've read in the past have an explanation for theirs...
How could they?
How could you?

[edit on 13-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by iCEdTenG
reply to post by Vanitas

yeah I posted about it under the title the day the world went black sorry can't link to it at the moment as I'm on my iPod touch and don't know how to copy and paste if you search that title using the search function its the first listing

Oh, it's no problem: I can find it at any time; I was just asking because it was - as I said - one of those threads that lured me here, to join ATS.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I've had two recent experiences that were new for me. I felt like a restarted computer, like someone pressed a reset button or something. They were very strange, just a second or less of complete absence of input - visual, tactile, aural - with a slight sensation of shock.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sleuth

Can you PLEASE tell more?
I know I'd be very interested in reading about the specifics of the case.

And if you remember, it'd be fantastic if you could recall the environmental conditions at the time (pressure, temperature, humidity etc.).

Also, are there any sources of radiation or geomagnetic activity in the area?

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

I'm sorry, Vanitas, this is really about the extent of it. These experiences were odd, to say the least, so I thought more about them than the circumstances at the time they took place. I'm not familiar with the geological peculiarities of the area I live in, so I can't help you there either, but I will do some research and try to find out about that.

I haven't had any further experiences since these two. I will U2U whatever geologic information I find and keep you updated as to whether or not this happens again.

I should add to my account that I did seem to blink out for that moment of "reset". This is what I meant when I described the lack of input. I was suddenly "off", then "on" again. No significant period of time appeared to have passed though. I'm finding it rather difficult to explain the sensation. That's just how strange it was.

[edit on 3/15/08 by Sleuth]

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Vanitas, please check your U2U's.

Sleuth

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join