It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did FOX influence the public with the popular series X-Files?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
There was a season-ender to the X-Files after Mulder is told the government has made up UFOs. He looks at his gun, crying. The next scene is Scully getting a call that Mulder has committed suicide.

What actually occured is as Mulder is contemplating suicide, some hitman with a shotgun breaks into his apartment and tries to kill him. They struggle, and Mulder ends up shooting him in the face with the shotgun, making quick identification impossible. The authorirties simply assumed it was Mulder dead in his apartment because, well, that's the obvious conclusion.

Personally, I believe the X-Files was a product of the times. The Cold War was over and lots of dirty laundry was being aired. People were simply questioning what the government had been doing, and interest in the paranormal in general was pretty high. Did most people beleive that the government was workign with alien colonists? Probably not. But they did believe that their government was perfectly willing to do so.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoterica

this is probably what i saw! thanks Esoterica

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by drflux
.. so what im getting to is if FOX did this on purpose so if people believe that most theories are made-up and "cant happen because its on tv".

Fox didn't create the X-files for he sole purpose of creating a mindset or even influencing the public-at-large,
they did X-files because it engaged a goodly number of the public who
would tune-in to the episodes and be subjected to the ADs...

Fox ain't the PBS kind of channel designed to indoctronate the public,

Of Course the Show ~had to go out with a conroversy~
because the show handlers could say they went 'out' with a memoriable
& engaging episode
-OR-
they can (after a mess of analysis) conclude that a sequile will make them oodles of $$$$.

Hey.... read into it whatever you wish...
me - - i'm a cynic, and i say that money walks & b.s. talks ...(a lot of empty words)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join