It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Game Representing ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
For all the gamer types out there, you might want to consider playing the PC/Mac/PS2 game Deus Ex. It just seems to perfectly sum up that which is ATS. From Wikipedia:

"Conspiracies are one of the main themes of Deus Ex, and the game draws heavily upon popular real world conspiracy theories for many of its plot elements. These include speculations regarding black helicopters, vaccinations, and FEMA, as well as Area 51, the ECHELON network, Men in Black, cow mutilations, chupacabras (in the form of "greasels"), and other purported extraterrestrial related activity. Mysterious groups such as Majestic 12, the Illuminati, the Knights Templar, the Bilderberg Group and the Trilateral Commission also either play a central part in the plot, or are alluded to during the course of the game."

It's pretty old, so you could probably get it in the bargain bin for $10.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, I wasn't sure whether it should go into ATS or BTS.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Here are some screenshotsfor ya.

FYI, mom and dad, it's rated M for mature.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This was a great game! I have the GOTY edition and still run threw it from time to time.

Number 2 was just a bad game, but i recently read somewhere they are working on a number 3. I think the people behind the Crystal engine (Tomb Raider) are working on it.

Eidos confirms Dues Ex 3

Deus Ex 3 Teaser

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
If you can't find it in a bargin bin, Gametap has it on thier list of games available.

I played this way back when it first came out and thought it was really good. I didn't get a chance to try the second one, but maybe I'll pick the series back up when 3 comes out.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Valdimer

Your not missing much in number 2. It was a big flop and rightfully so. Hopefully 3 will put the RPG aspect back on track, combine it with a deep storyline and D3 could be a come back for the series.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
reply to post by Valdimer

Your not missing much in number 2. It was a big flop and rightfully so. Hopefully 3 will put the RPG aspect back on track, combine it with a deep storyline and D3 could be a come back for the series.

I'm glad to hear this. I never played number 1 But I got into Invisible war on two occasions and I got bored very quickly on both occacsions.
I played Thief Deadly Shadows (which i loved) instead.

This then detered me away form Playing the first but I might give it a try if the second one was actually worse..

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
i can get the first for PC, and i have invis war on my X-Box, i cant beat it

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

The first one is great, long story line, multipul choice endings, a skill set based on experiance you earn by completing goals a certain way. Plus the bio-mod abilities were kickass, and had way more options than the second game. definately worth checking out.

number two had very little to offer. an enhanced engine, ok storyline, no rpg element, and few bio-mods.

hopefully 3 will live up to the expectations that were crushed when 2 came out.

new topics

top topics

join