It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Greys Scare You?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by blueyedevil666

It gets back to the old saying, "People fear that which they don't understand."

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by solidgroundcafe

I think satelites can produce
sort-of realistic looking anomilies(sp) in the sky.

Used by governments to keep people preoccupied and confused.

Kind of like what DK is saying then, and project bluebeam

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
There's an ATS member with an alien gray avatar that makes my skin bust out in goose bumples and I feel eerily uneasy when looking at it. That member is terrapop and I replied in a thread once stating the uneasiness his avatar was switching on.

Terrapops avatar

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
If you're serious then I agree with you. I just don't see a threat from aliens and where this whole notion came from. I know the story of Betty and Barney Hill. Personally I'd love to be abducted but I just don't think it's going to happen and I don't think people have anything to fear. We have more to fear from terrorist and illegal aliens.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Depends on the photo. But the "classic" grey, does not scare me. However the ones in Fire in the Sky do.

I have a large poster on the outside of my bedroom door of a Greys head, the classic kind, so I see it many times a day. It also says Keep Out! on it.

I always wondered what that meant. If it meant, Greys Keep out. or Keep out there's greys in here, and they'll abduct you.

Strange, I always wonder what a grey would think if he saw that poster. hehe.

I'm sure if I saw even the "classic" grey like on this poster, in real life, I'd scream like a baby.

I like the ones at the end of Close Encounters, now that's the type of "encounter" I wouldn't mind having.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
They'd only scare me if they somehow got some of their equipment near my asshole.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I agree with you that people fear what they don't understand. Look throughout history and how people reacted to a solar ecplise and how freaked out they got. I think it's the same way with ufo's. I think more people are accepting the idea that ufo's are real but can't explain there purpose here and natually fear them because they're not hearing anything from our government that holds the key but we hear everyday how were all going to die from global warming when people are enjoying the same climate we have seen for decades and don't look at it as being scary because it's not. It's a joke and I think most people realize that because all they have to do is walk outside and see that all is good. Blue skies, I can breathe, warm weather, good times at the beach and nobody has died as a result of global warming and nobody well. We have more evidence that ufo's exist than we do global warming exists. There has never been one known death from an alien so I think people can relax alittle.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The movie is "Communion" and is apparently based on a true encounter. Regardless if it's true, the movie will still freak you out. Watch it!

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
When I was about 5, my family forced me to watch E.T. For weeks I had nightmares and the sight of him still makes me jump, even though, I've seen it again for its 20th anniversary and the ending turned me into mush.

Naturally, the sight or mention of a grey in a story or in "footage" makes me shiver and I wouldn't have been able to sleep with the fear they'd end up in my bedroom.

The first time I watched "Close Encounters", I was scared ***less. I just recently watched it for the ending, to ensure, I am not as traumatized anymore and I was able to watch it very closely without freaking out.

Fast forward to "X-Files"; I was watching a episode once, where one guy in a baseball team turned out to be a grey in disguise, making a living as a normal human being, yet at night, he'd be in his true form. One night, while he was relaxing in his chair, the captain walks in wanting to talk to him and both the captain and the player start screaming. it was from that moment, I applied humor to greys and my fear slowly faded away.

OK, I still have an itty bitty fear of looking at them, but I think I can manage.

Recently, I fell in love again with "Stargate: SG-1", where one of the alien races, the Asgard, happen to look like the greys and there, they're portrayed as a neutral, benvolent and highly-advanced race, with a kind of humor one gets when not understanding human interactions.

I still watch those episodes with them in it just to keep healing my fear, as for one day, I'd love to think about or look at greys like I would with another human being.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by comm12
They have horrified me ever since i was a child. i remember being about 7 years old and my dad was about to watch the movie "Communion" and told me to go upstairs because it wasn't for kids. well, i hid behind the couch and caught some glimpses of the movie and it has had a permanent psychological effect on me ever since. I am now 23 years old and to this day any time i'm alone in the dark i look over my shoulder expecting to see one of those guys.

Same thing here.. I was about 10 years old when i watched it. I was scared as hell when the alien peeked around the corner.. i dunno if i can ever get that image out of my head. Plus Christopher Walken scares the hell out of me.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Terrified.

I remember very specifically the first time I ever saw the imagery. My mother had a copy of Whitley Streiber's Communion lying around, and I happened upon it in the living room. I was probably 8 years old at the time. I was scared senseless and went running to her wanting to what it was.

It does sort of beg the question "why?"

There isn't anything about the imagery that should instill fear. If they were big, strong-looking creatures with fangs and claws, maybe. But no, they look like small, pale, frail-looking children with oversized heads. If there were emotional cues in the facial contours, maybe. But no, the eyes are empty, the faces are expressionless. No anger in the shape of the eyes, no emotion at all.

Why do they terrify us so?

Maybe there's a reason.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
Terrified.

I But no, they look like small, pale, frail-looking children with oversized heads. If there were emotional cues in the facial contours, maybe. But no, the eyes are empty, the faces are expressionless. No anger in the shape of the eyes, no emotion at all.

Maybe there's a reason.

Good post. That's pretty much what I have been pondering myself. Why is it that small children who have never heard stories of alien abductions or have never seen movies depicting aliens as malicious, are terrified of images of them?? They aren't 'conventionally scary'. Is there something built into the human mind?

I am actually somewhat surprised of the large amount of people who have posted in this thread about being scared of greys.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I feel quite comfortable with them actually, thanks for asking.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Memory modulation... Very important for implant success. During a time while teaching Tibetan Healing modalities, I could actually 'see' the implants in the students. Interesting. I never told them just noticed the behavior patterns in the people that carried them.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I'm sorry for the loss of your daughter. I couldn't imagine what you're going through. 26 is to young.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Hey Hikix,
Kids having dreams were mentioned, so I thought I would post my strange occurrances.
The first dreams I can actually remember from my youth were reoccurring dreams, with the same sort of silly plot and only the places or environment around me changed, for instance, in one reoccurring dream I would be in the middle of a crowded room full of big headed people and me always being the oddball. I remember them always moving forward constantly talking to each other and the feeling I had of them crowding me or surrounding me, I remember my feelings of fear.
In another reoccurring dream the same or similar crowd of big headed people would be standing and surrounding me laying on the ground, but in the middle of a field with very green grass or maybe an outdoor open area with a forest of trees and mountains off in a distance with perfect beautiful green grass and perfect blue skies, green pine trees near by with long brown trunks and smoky grey mountains, but in both of these reoccurring dreams the big headed beings would always come towards me and I always felt the fear and I rember also how I wanted to sit up and run or do something. I don’t ever remember recognizing any of the beings, but I remember their insistence on surrounding me.
In all of my dream moments I was never able to actually look up and notice their faces, I may have been controlled into not looking, who knows, but to this day I can not tell you if they had big eyes or a nose or even a mouth but in my little moments of squinting from the corners of my eyes they all had big heads.
There was a time, in fact the first time, when I was 9 maybe 10 but young, that I woke up startled to the feeling that I was not alone in my bedroom, there was a presence or strange being, but in my darkness and I remember being asked a question as to whether or not I wanted to know the truth, about what I don’t rightly know, but my answer to this presence or being in my room was no, I didn’t want to no anything more.
In my 20's and till now in some instances they appear just after I fall asleep, then I'm startled into reality, in real count I would say 2 to 3 times a year for most of my life and always I first notice everything in the room is still in place, but the room is lit up like a dim grey shade and they are there sometimes 1 or sometimes 2 and at least 2 times I was in a crowd of them, but very near, still I can not make out thier facial features, now I call them my shadow beings.
I have also had many reoccurring dreams which started from my early teens of flying in some sort of craft and I remember always looking down at the terrain and cities as we were moving and I distinctly remember being asked if I wanted my family to go and I always said no, only because either I feared for their safety or maybe I knew it was not my choice to make or maybe I thought I was never going to return again, who knows.
Most of my strangeness in my lifetime has been recorded for posterity in my diary, so to post is easy just copy and paste, hope you enjoy, gwhint

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I just wanted to say that alot of people here are describing greys that are 3-4 feet tall. Apparently there are very tall skinny greys, also.

The very short ones do not bother me at all. I actually had measuring tape on me today and i held it up to 3 feet. And, 3 feet is REALLY short.

The tall skinny ones are the ones that scare me... I just have visions of there arms coming at me really slow and precise.

I also did see a shadow person when i was younger. And what i saw was a very long skinny arm with no wrist bone and 4 very long skinny fingers.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

wow it's awesome that others have had the same experience. yea that scene, exactly. when the being peaks its head out from behind the dresser. that's the one. it's forever embedded into my subconscious.

when i was a child, i used to be able to lucid dream constantly, like three or four nights a week. i found that anything i could imagine would instantly happen. so i used to always fly around or find a girl i had a crush on in class and kiss her, but what would happen sometimes is i would instantly think of one of those greys and then next instant, they would be apprehending me and i would wake up scared and sweating. sometimes i would have involuntary nightmares about them. it stopped over the years but within the past year or so, i've had a couple dreams involving them but they were pleasant and not frightening. in the most recent one, they took me up in their craft and flew me around the solar system and it was strange and wonderful. then they hovered over the north pole and showed me an opening and said something like "down in there, they are safer and life is warmer" and i felt really warm and fulfilled, even after i woke up, for about a day or two. (i must have been reading some hollow earth theory type stuff right around that time) still, the thought of them is extremely frightening to me, despite that recent dream.

so yea. they have been a huge part of my sub-conscious, probably because of the movies and images effecting my young and open mind as a child. the notion of their existence and all that comes with it has been an obsession and fascination of mine for most of my life. that's what brought me to ATS in the first place.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by comm12]

[edit on 5-12-2007 by comm12]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

Maybe there's a reason.

Personally I feel that the unchanging faces, the dark staring eyes are what makes them scary. It's because you can't read them, you know they aren't conventionally 'scary looking' but at the same time you can't tell if they're good either. Add to this their usual silence and precision and you have a really disturbing monster to deal with.

That's just my take on it anyway. I think they're scary because they cause fear on an individual level, they play on your own imagination running wild as you try to imagine their potential for good or evil. It works for the same reason that I feel psychological horror is much more effective long-term than the usual movie style traditional horror. If you can get accustomed to something just looking scary or whatever, you slowly build up an immunity to it. If it's a neutral, perhaps slightly sinister looking entity then your mind will scare you every time as it ponders over the potential evil it is capable of.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Greys are the scariest thing for me since my childhood. I can't explain why.
Probably it is hidden in our subconsciousness that they are very bad.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join