It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Greys Scare You?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Greys scare me. Aliens with big heads and almond shaped eyes staring at you inside of your room is a scary thought. It's like they are there to collect from the guinea pig.

But then again, I am a Coward!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm trying to think if they scared me more when were thought to be little green men.
At what point did they become grey?

Are we being desensitized to their fear by being bombarded with their likeness and is this to soften the blow if and when they finally make their presense known.
They are probably reading this thread and saying "oh golly gee, they are still afraid of us, I guess they are not ready for us yet".
Then again maybe they rely and feed off the fear we have for them.
I don't understand why so many people here refuse to believe in God yet rather choose to believe to in a supreme being of another type. Some say both are related, others say they are at war.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
crap, i cant even watch ET, that whole white sick nasty part just gives me goosebumps, even stylized spielburg greys from what ever "somethin somethin of the third kind" creep me out, i think for me it stems back to an X-Files episode i saw of a grey like alien covered in what almost looks like a white lace like curtain of sorts sitting on a horizontal platform, i remember my aunt used to have something like that for curtains in her old bathroom, i couldnt go in there without running out scared, i think its just the fear of the unknown, but theys creepy

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Well, if one came into my house in the middle of the night, I would be pretty scared, even with other people around me.

Seeing a being like that would definitley be a pretty scary thing, but also a really cool thing and a life changing moment also.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
..... depends if they are those scarey looking reptillian grays or the peaceful floaty droidy ones from close encounters
either way they are all movies, noones seen one yet to know if they are real and we duno how we will feel until we do.

My view of alien abductions is that its the military doing it, and they implant the visuals of alien beings to throw us off course and into this global new age belief system.

sek...

(edit to chop post short

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Sekhemet]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I think I'd be more afraid of coming face to face with Bush or Cheney. At least I know they are pure evil. As for the little grey guys? Who knows!

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
greys? naw. i don't fear greys, even if their IQ is 3.14x10^8 greater or have esp abilities. Maybe it's because i'm almost double their height, or know that not all of them are bad. As long as they don't bring that anal probe with them i wouldn't mind have a private conversation with one.

p.s. religion doens't have to limit your train of thought, read in-between the lines through your own words with your own thoughts.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
When I was a kid, I was afraid of E.T. I also read a lot of Goosebumps books and was afraid of the dark and mirrors- mostly because of the "Bloody Mary" stories I used to hear. You know the one where she'll come out of the mirror and kill you if you turn out the lights and say "bloody Mary" three times or something?

Anyways, one night, I was sitting with my parents watching a Nightline special on them debunking some alien autopsy - I must've been eight or so - and since then, I've had shivers about the Greys. I personally believe its a fear of the unknown, and the stigma attached with alien abductions and the horrible probing/mutilating stories. They all kinda mesh together. I'm 20 now, and I'd gotten over my fears of the dark and mirrors etc. a long time ago, but if I'm alone at my computer at night watching a movie like "Communion", then I'd be pretty scared. There's just something about their eyes that make you feel they're peering through you. Also, its freaky to think about the aliens portrayed in the tv series "Taken", in which the aliens had mind-control capabilities.

If I saw one in real life though, depending on the circumstances, I'd probably feel very fortunate to have made contact, even though the fear of experiencing something new for the first time would still be there.

p.s. If you haven't seen "Communion", check it out. It's crazy

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Check PubMed. Depending on your search terms, there are quite a few articles related to the nature of fear of other species.

Many of them talk about the neurobiological basis, which seems to begin in the part of the brain known as the amygdala

Terms often used might be 'Xenophobia', or 'Exo-Phobia' a neologism, possibly based on the term Exobiology.

[edit on 5-12-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Anything 'Grey like' scares me.

I cant explain why, just the thought freaks me out.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Greys have always scared me, which is why I posted a thread up asking if they were supposedly good or evil.

Most of the answers I recieved seemed to lean towards the Greys being evil, with the rest saying they were benevolent or that they could go either way.

I suppose they disturb me because of some movies I've seen. I still don't know the name of the movie but one movie in particular had them experimenting on this group of people in a house, making them do things, killing them. Theres one scene where this grey steps out of the darkness in a room and takes the camera out of somebody's hand while they seem to be 'frozen' in time. Scared the sh*t out of me I have to say.

So, I don't know. If one appeared and seemed friendly and shook hands with me I guess I'd be alright with them
but for now I suppose they do scare me a fair bit.

Edit: Thought I'd censor the post.

[edit on 5/12/07 by Duality]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Whats the name of the movie? Being a huge sci fi horror fan Id love to see that one.

I saw (Night skys) not to long ago, seams like thats how they portray greys in movies these days. Blood thirsty, Probe happy little bastards from hell! Most of those evil grey stories are made up. Cause think about it seriously, you have all the best elements to work with to make a kickass horror flick. Most of the scary parts in the movie (fire in the sky) were made up too.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
They have horrified me ever since i was a child. i remember being about 7 years old and my dad was about to watch the movie "Communion" and told me to go upstairs because it wasn't for kids. well, i hid behind the couch and caught some glimpses of the movie and it has had a permanent psychological effect on me ever since. I am now 23 years old and to this day any time i'm alone in the dark i look over my shoulder expecting to see one of those guys.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Wow, they scare yopu all because????

I think too many of you have read too many "Aliens are evil" articles personally, but that's my opinion..

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
please with all the sickos in the world, running into a 4 foot tall 40 lb soft creature is a piece of cake...i see scarier stuff on the 6 o'clock news.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Ya I wanna watch (Communion) but my video store doesnt have it.
Is it as scary as fire in the sky? I wonder if Whitley Strieber really got abducted or if he just made it up to satisfly peoples hunger for truth about greys. When his book came out it was a best seller, but he didnt stop there he wrote tons of other books about greys. And now he just came out with a book about 2012, another hott topic thats bound to sell millions of copies for sure. I dunno if I trust this guy but I still wanna see the movie

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I seen three grays after I was transported to there craft. One projected a communication into my mind and performed a procedure with a round metallic disk on my left neck/jaw area.

Here's a fact:

When the gray abduct a human, they transform you from the physical reality to the reality they are comfortable working the human in. Most cases, this is as a surreal dream like state so the intended abductee cannot react with physical attributes like fight or flight. Your conscious remains active along with vision while all other physical functions are removed from the neural network of the conscious state of mind..

The grays do not scare me. It's the procedures they nebulously perform that scares me.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Grey's don't scare me because there isn't one single shred of evidence that they exist and you shouldn't be scared either. People are born with only two fears. The fear of falling and the fear of loud noises. Whatever fear you have you picked up from tv or the movies. What year was it when you were 8 years old. When I was a kid werewolfs scared me after seeing a number of B movies from the 1950's but I got over it as I got older and realized that it was just a movie. It's exactually the same thing with grey's. You wouldn't have any image of a grey if it hadn't been for tv, the movies or on a t-shirt somewhere. I believe in ufo's but there is simply no evidence of what they might look like. There are no bodies, no pictures and the testimony of alien abductees is equally suspect and proves nothing. I hope that helps in your fear.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Crimson_King
Whats the name of the movie? Being a huge sci fi horror fan Id love to see that one.

If you were referring to my post about the movie I watched, sorry but I can't help you out. I was hoping somebody else might know the name of the movie so I can avoid it in the future! Haha. Really scary stuff that one.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Grays have always scared the heck out of me.

The first time I heard of them, my older brother (six years old) was watching TV. He told me there were going to be aliens on the news. They were described as having diamond [rhombus] eyes and a small mouth. This description terrified me.

The second incident was a commercial for Alley McBeal or something that shouldn't have had aliens like that. The commercial just flashed a gray outside this woman's window. I closed my eyes during commercials for a while after that.

The final terrifying incident of my childhood was an episode of Clarissa Explains it All. The whole thing had to do with aliens. She had a dream that they came into her room and surrounded her. They were lame costumes, but the subject matter scared me. The first time I saw this episode, it was with my family around, so I just turned away. The second time it came on, I was in my grandparents' basement... alone. I had a panic attack and froze when trying to change the channel.

I am twenty now, and my heart still skips a beat when I watch Discovery Channel's alien specials and they show pictures without warning. I still turn off pictures when browsing the Aliens & UFOs section. I actually suggested a "disturbing images" flag for topics here.

As scary as grays have been for me, I love aliens. I went as far as buying and watching through the Taken mini-series without turning away. Grays terrify me when the context is disturbing. If it seems like they could walk into my room at night and surround me, then I'm scared. Otherwise, they can be funny, maybe even "cute".

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join