It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Greys Scare You?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by luxor311

I guess I completely forgot about IMDB, it was James Earl Jones.
The UFO Incident - 1975

... darn, and I actually meant "Rubble" not "Flintstone".

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

They freak me out. So much so that I'm very interested in the topic of how to stop alien abduction, even though I'm not an abductee/contactee, and I've never been abducted. Something about being frozen/telepathically communicated with and experimented on that doesn't strike my fancy...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I've seen a few things that would make the back of your hair stand up. I don't have the same fear for Grays as some other things. I did see a demon one time which was really intimidating. It was pale in color,about 7ft tall, muscular, and had a big head with little eyes. There are things in our world that just baffles the mind and is hard to prove.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Indeed thouse things do scare the bejesus outta me. Ever since I was a kid, I have a vauge memory of something watching me thru a window at a cabin in the woods my folks and I stayed at. Ever since then when I see one I have a very deep irrational fear that I am being watched and it creeps me out.

Now before someone says I am crazy, or paranoid etc. Which seems to be the major pastime here. Let me assure you, I am a 32 year old male, healthy and happy with no history of mental illness.

So ya in conclussion thouse darn things scare the heck outta me.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I've always been scared of aliens, "greys", to be specific... ever since I can remember... and I can remember back pretty far, to like two years old. The first time I saw E.T., I freaked the frick out!!! I knew exactly what it was, too. That's the weird thing. I think E.T. is based on some sort of real alien species, because man I was so afraid and paranoid about E. T. coming and taking me away to some backwards planet in his spaceships.

Recently, I've calmed down, though... having seen a couple aliens (I've been pretty startled by them, and they only let me remember that I've seen them... maybe preparing me for when I'm more spiritually ready, dunno).

I would prolly get startled and a little angry now if an alien popped up and looked at me through a window at night nowadays, just because it would be nice if they give me a fair warning this time. I'm not a little kid anymore. They don't have to play head games with me. I'd prolly chase them away with a rolled up newspaper this time... cuz some of them are just pesky.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
while the sight is chilling... one must consider the option that one... they are not on their home planet... our gravity we are used to... are they?

now lets stick to the standard grey. size of a child 3-4ft tall... Extremely skinny (almost anorexic looking)... going on the simple fact this thread is about grey fear... If I was scared... I would throw down (seriously)... I guarantee a good punt to the skull is going to throw them off, psychic attacks, mind reading whatever... it seems their weak point is fairly obvious. Punch and kick the hell out of that head... and your back in control.

now on the serious side.

If the greys are here... IT IS NOT for a harmful purpose... I'm sorry if the probes hurt abductees, but science is NOT always pretty. Would we (better yet... YOU SPECIFICALLY) travel 3 or 5 hell even 1 light year to attack an underdeveloped species? for an advanced species this act would just be ludicrous.

also we have to realize that it is a part of the nature of a species to find other species unattractive or even scary. As a symmetrically based species to see another humanoid type form that looks total inhuman is incomprehensible to us. As such our brain reacts with either fear, disgust, or awe. Fear at the natural repulsion; the same with disgust. Awe comes when one realizes you are seeing something JUST LIKE YOU, but completely different for the first time.

so... to review... if greys are evil... kick em in there huge a** heads...

if there good... ask if you can go for a joyride.

k... thats my half asleep rant on this topic... outty

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   
i belive that the whole reason greys and aliens stay in the dark of there existence is because of fear. Theyve seen how our society reacts to anything different and this scares THEM. With fear brings erational thought and emotions that even we cant control. If you suddenly landed ona new planet and its inhabitants carried weapons everwhere they went and when they saw you they freaked out like youve never seen anything freak like that id keep my distance to.

Back to the question no i dont think i fear them at all i find them kinda funny looking and fragile i think they have more to fear from us.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
It's the eyes.

In nature, animals often employ large eyes, or camoflauge that gives the appearance of large eyes (think of the wings of certain butterflies) to scare potential predators. It stands to reason the negative reaction one typically has to the image of a grey alien is an evolutionary response to something with large eyes.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Lol yea they freak me out, just imagine if few of em would look at you when ya laying on your bed, i wouldnt be just " yo what's up "
and just a picture gives the shivers. The way the look, that same face, no smiling or anything, not knowing are they angry or friendly. and still..in some way i would like to see one

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Lightunseen]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
It's the eyes.

In nature, animals often employ large eyes, or camoflauge that gives the appearance of large eyes (think of the wings of certain butterflies) to scare potential predators. It stands to reason the negative reaction one typically has to the image of a grey alien is an evolutionary response to something with large eyes.

Ya I think your right, Ive always been fascinated with the possibility of the existence of Aliens and actually getting to meet one, But when I think of those huge black eyes looking deep into my mind I cant help but feel a little fear. Although if I get taken one day Id probably try to keep my cool, but deep down inside I have a feeling that kind of fear is probably bigger than me and if confronted with a grey Id probably freak the hell out!

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
yup, they freak me out, A LOT.
When i was small kid (4'ish/5'ish? ) I really didnt care bout em, I had this book bout abductee experiences and stuff like that (small book about ufos/aliens/famous et cases) And I loved it. I have read it like...I guess 20-30 times or so. So i wasnt scared of them till the age of umm...10'ish I guess, then I started to see dreams with greys in em, yeah waking up in the middle of the night, almost crying...Tho i realized it was just a bad dream, not an abduction or anything, still, since then they freak me out A LOT.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I haven't been scared at all when seeing real ETs. I just feel resigned and feel like it's back to the grindstone. Work with no pay. Slavery, that's what it is. I want compensation!

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I had always been completely terrified of even looking at an image of one. I just couldn't do it. If I was watching a documentary I'd always look away just before they showed the typical abduction scene with the aliens standing over the abductees bed.

It's a little different now though, after having an extremely vivid dream (I'll call it a dream
) of one being in my room. Tall, slightly wrinkled eyes/mouth, heavy brows, etc. No discernable emotion, appearing to be quite "cold". I was absolutely traumatised at that moment just from the sight of it being there. I can honestly say it is the most scared I've ever been (awake or in-dream). My heart was racing. Though I somehow knew the next morning that it meant no harm.

Ever since then I haven't really minded images of them. It's actually kinda interesting to compare the common image of a "grey" with what I saw in my dream. Quite different really, when I compare the small details and not the general shape.

I always have and always will wish to consciously converse with one.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Comatose]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The grays are as much a part of life on earth as the common cold, now that we have become aware of them we must learn to tolerate them.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I feel terrified whenever I see the image of a grey, some of your avatars with greys freak me the hell out...I remember about a year ago I had a dream, that felt real compared to my other dreams where there is always something that tells me for certain its a dream. What happend is I went to the kitchen to get a glass of water, and a grey walked out of my room it then lifted its arm, and pointed the palm of its hand to me, I then woke up and felt like I had been hit by a car.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
Ever since I was around 8 years old.. the image of a Grey has always given me the shivers. I rarely can look at a drawing or 'picture' of a grey without getting a little feeling of fear.

Be honest now, when you look at a drawing or picture of a Grey (a good one of course) how do you feel?

I'm wondering if It is the negative image that entertainment has given Aliens that makes me feel this way, or is it possible that all humans have a slight inherent fear of the Greys?

a good picture does give me the shivers!!!! I wonder if it is in our genes, we know wen there is something we dont know of, it scares us. But what i mean is what if, the grays did once meddel in our afairs and there was suddenly hundereds, mabey they didnt want to hurt us, but mabey its in our genes that we are scared of them because of that!

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Not really..

I think whatever they are, they are extremely different. However, that which is different doesn't strike fear in me.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
i always felt strange when i saw a grey picture when i was little , even the ones in some members avatars here make me stare at them , the strangest is that a few years later every time i dreamed about greys i would picture me in some brutal acts of violence against them beating them down until their head exploded , i would do a bloodbath when they would try to abduct me in my dream , i always felt rage against them dont know why , but that has only happened on recent years

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
for some reason greys never scared me ..since i was a little kid i always thought they were "cute" and "cool" hahah i still feel this way.i dont know why i just feel they are misunderstood .a reptilian on the other hand hella scares me!

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
When I first purchased "Communion" by Whitley Striber back in 1988, I remember looking at the image and not having good thoughts about it. Don't know if I can really say fear though. Maybe just a real uneasy feeling.

But, as I've learned more about the subject, I've grown curious about them. If I had to chance to meet one, I think I would be overwhelmed to know that there is life outside our tiny planet.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join