It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help me find the name a an egyptian stone field

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
there is an arrangement of stones somewhere in eqypt that are among the oldest ruins. they are also believed by some to be a star map. i am working on a project atm that is related to this and i would love to "find" this site again. i have completely forgotten where i herd the name but i know i saw a video/movie/tv show on the topic.

any help you could offer would be great. =)

edit: ok ok...i know...misspelling in the tittle is stupid.....*hangs head in shame*

[edit on 3-12-2007 by Animal]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Nabta Playa

www.mnsu.edu...

Nabta Playa is located in the Nubian Desert about 500 miles south of Cairo Egypt. It is a large kidney shaped depression within the desert which would fill up with water during the monsoon season. 6,000 to 7,000 years ago monsoons occurred in that ,but are no more monsoons in the area today.

Stone megaliths, like those of Stonehenge in England, were found at Nabta Playa, except they predated both Stonehenge and the pyramids of Egypt. These stone slabs have a north/south alignment, which, during rainfall, would be partially submerged in the lake. There was also a “Calendar Circle” found within the area as well. The stones of this circle were lined up so that they would have aligned with the summer solstice about 6,800 years ago. This was very important to the people of Nabta Playa back then because it marked the beginning of the very important monsoon season.

of course its sometimes helpful when you're researching a subject if you do remember the name of it

[edit on 3-12-2007 by kerkinana walsky]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Sorry Animal, you got me there, I have been all over Egypt and I can not come up with some stone field.
Sakara is the oldest pyramid-step pyramid
Memphis is the ancient city in which the north and south joined
SIWA oasis is actually old with natural sand formations in the desert
Cradle of life Meteor field is in SW Egypt possibly birthplace of man
Giza is new
Luxor is newer
Valley of the Kings is in Azwan and newer
Medetteranean coast is greek & roman conquests
Red Sea is newer
Alexandria Library was used ancient star mapping
Sorry but good luck in your searches,gwhint

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kerkinana walsky

Thanks Kerkinana for the history lesson and I can honestly say I have not been there, gwhint

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kerkinana walsky

thanks so much man!

new topics

top topics

join