It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE RAPTURE: The Greatest Upheaval of Nature

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

that is not true evangelicals do not believe that... we believe in an all loving and knowing God... who always judges rightly... his judgement is fair... Christ tells us to have the heart of a child... in matthew he also told them not to keep the little children from coming to him.. He takes pity on the weak on the poor on the sick and on children and asks his followers to do the same.. when we clothed feed and love them it is like we are clothing feeding and caring for God himself... the bible says the gospel will be said to all ... everyone will have an opportunity to hear it and accept it.. praise the Lord!!

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MinMin

In the days of sodom and gomorrah, no child was saved in those cities, except Lot's children.

You know Helen Keller was a believer?
Her vast disabilities did not hinder her faith, (as far as I know)

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

the part of revelation you are referring to... is not the future and it is a vision of what has already taken place... God already knew that someone would have to die for the people he has created... to pay the price for us... the question is being asked who will do it.. there was a 30 minute pause in heaven...
There is an amazing radio show called the bible answer man... his name his hank hanograff and his best advice is to .... " read the bible for all its worth""

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

they weren't saved from the first death.. that does not mean they did not hear the Gospel in haides after Christ died and rose again.. and accepted his salvation.. to be saved from the second death...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neariah

that is not true evangelicals do not believe that...

That, in a nutshell, is what happens to those who have never heard the gospel. They spiral downward until the day of judgment when the full weight of God's wrath against their sin is expressed.
It is the TRUTH

[edit on 4-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Religion = Control the masses, let them fight for our beliefs, let them dig for our gold, let them be the ones who we blame when things go wrong.

Politics = Control the masses, let them fight for our beliefs, let them dig for our gold, let them be the ones who we blame when things go wrong.

Human = You have so many choices, the world is full of friends, you can help each other regardless of your or their location, when things go wrong we all strive to put it right.

Human = Downside is religion and politics, because all they want to do is?

Control the masses, let them fight for our beliefs, let them dig for our gold, let them be the ones who we blame when things go wrong.

Just my slant on religion and the OP's post about rapture, of course I would love to be one of the chosen..........but I recognise the fact that I am just another living thing on this planet like so many other species whether single celled like the amoeba or x-zillion celled like us humans, I know that one day I will be dust.

I wonder how many amoeba believe in the rapture.

Wolfie

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Neariah

True.
But, you have to remember that those in Sodom and Gommorah were descendants of Noah.
They had some of the truth, but,
they had chosen the Babylonian religion.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The day fundamentalist Christians are ruptured will be the day tribulation ends for the rest of the world.

To all those indoctrinated Pentecostal Christians, be free, realise Christ is not a man named Jesus. Do not be deceived; free your mind of fear.

God is to big for the box you are creating.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by OpenSystem]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Interesting that the Daughters of Lot got him drunk in a cave and had sex with him both daughters become pregnant and bore two sons Moab & Benammi who founded the nations Moab & Ammon continuous enemies of Israel.
God does work in strange ways!
Lot also looked back and was not turned to a pillar of salt as was his wife.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

My friend (hope i can consider you a friend ) you make a lot of sense and i like reading your posts.
For what its worth i Believe in Jesus as my savior have since i was 17 but couldn't get my head around the evangelical side of Christianity and the in squabbling funny i fellowshipped in a baptist church and lived in a pentecostal community so you could imagine i actually believe god made me see both sides of it some of the pentecostal prayer meetings were full on loud and in some cases disturbing to me with all the Tongue speaking and falling over of course back then i really believed in the Rapture i am not sure now.
My relationship with the Lord is now a personal one for now.

I have also seen Two UFO's fairly close which also had a profound effect on me i was nine then i am in my forty's now.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MinMin

You can certainly consider me a friend...

I am a friend to those who desire one.

Well, currently there is a schism within Christianity, as far as I can tell. There are those who want a return to th eoriginal teachings of Christianity, and then you have these others who seem to want this, for lack of a better word, militant style of Christianity...

It's somewhat sad to watch, really..

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MinMin

As a matter of fact, MinMin, I have added you to my friend's list.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MinMin
Interesting that the Daughters of Lot got him drunk in a cave and had sex with him both daughters become pregnant and bore two sons Moab & Benammi who founded the nations Moab & Ammon continuous enemies of Israel.

God didn't do that!
If Lot hadn't lived in sodom, his daughters would not have been influenced to be that way. And his wife wouldn't have looked back.
God is Omniscient, but he doesn't force our behaviors!

Lot also looked back and was not turned to a pillar of salt as was his wife.

I think that the angel meant until after the destruction.
IMO, his wife looked back longingly.
Lot looked back later with reverence of God's power!

As in the Rapture, Jesus warns us not to go back to get anything,
and he said that those that put their hand to the plough, if they look back, they are not worthy of heaven.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Thanks Clearskies i like your style as well, i didn't mean to go off subject i understand it was a act of his daughters but god would have known that surly. thats what i meant by God works in strange ways as the offspring has a profound effect on Geo political situation today.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Well thankyou mate one dinky dye you little beauty for you

Will add you to my friends once i work out how to do it

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MinMin

Basically, you just click on the tab on one my posts that says "Friend," and it's done.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Thanks for that you are now on my list

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MinMin

Cool...Once you have been here for a while,MInMin, the site will start making more sense to you. When you first join, it can be a bit overwhelming.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The rapture is one of my favorite topics and some interesting pts and questions have been raised on this thread. I am probably 90% convinced on pretrib side, 7% on the midtrib side. You know what ..it won't be long till we know for sure. Read Matthew 24:19-20 Christ answers the question from the desciples as to when as was his style he talked about the signs famines, earthquakes, war incresing in number and intensity.. Classic evangelical belief links to Matthew 24:19- the budding of the fig tree and Christ's answer that a generation shall not pass away after this.. Many Christians believe Isreal fulfilling prophecies of Ezekial to became a healthy and vibrant nation again..is the budding of the fig Christ was referring to. Without a doubt, this is quite a significant event in history. Does it mean every individual born at that time? I'm not sure... Perhaps it means sometime before the last of that generation dies. A quick google search indicates >> 50 years ago-A male child born in 1953 has a life expectancy of 66. Using that figure in years, 1948+66 would be 2014..
Eerily close to 2012...Subtracting 7 years for tribulation period we get 2007.(Pretrib case).. Events of great catyclsym and the charts mentioned earlier would fall correctly. If 2012 comes and I am still here I guess I'll recalculate... or hope for the best.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
And BTW who are you to question God? Who are the religions you follow to question God? What part of:

7He said to them: "It is not for you (i.e. THE DISCIPLES AT THAT TIME, PEOPLE HE WAS TALKING TO)to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. Acts 1:7

Do you not understand?, and who are you and the others like you to claim the End is Near, when the Father is the Only one who knows this answer? Who are You to question the Fathers Authority, based on a belief created by man?

Did he say no one in the history of man will ever know? Quite the contrary.

Mark 13:28-29

Now from the fig tree learn her parable: when her branch is now become tender, and putteth forth its leaves, ye know that the summer is nigh; (29) even so ye also, when ye see these things coming to pass, know ye that he is nigh, even at the doors.
1 Thessalonians 5:4

But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief:
Luke 21:28-31

But when these things begin to come to pass, look up, and lift up your heads; because your redemption draweth nigh. (29) And he spake to them a parable: Behold the fig tree, and all the trees: (30) when they now shoot forth, ye see it and know of your own selves that the summer is now nigh. (31) Even so ye also, when ye see these things coming to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh.

As the text highlighted in pink says, this will happen when these signs are really just starting. Sons of light won't be overtaken when it hits the fan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join