It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE RAPTURE: The Greatest Upheaval of Nature

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by J.Smit

Originally posted by cloakndagger
Well if there is a Rapture then I call shotgun.

Only for those who belong to Jesus Christ...

Think again. If you read Revelation, it very clearly says that only a small number of virgin male Jews will be raptured. Too bad for you Gentiles.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The Rapture is just fake crap made up by American fundamentalists. In Revelation, it mentions believers being amongst non-believers suffering the same worsening lot until the end. People used the Bible incorrectly. They take two unrelated passages and say that this passages influences that passage to mean this also, which it does not.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by luxor311

Yes all these fell ...now its our time...

End of of the world ...can't understand why people worry...we all have a time ...just a lot more go together at one time!!....

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merle8
The Rapture is just fake crap made up by American fundamentalists. In Revelation, it mentions believers being amongst non-believers suffering the same worsening lot until the end. People used the Bible incorrectly. They take two unrelated passages and say that this passages influences that passage to mean this also, which it does not.

I think it gives alot of fundamental Christians a false sense of hope and security. Its kinda a cult like ideology that says their "leader" will come to take them away.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
If they all get taken away, then who is gonna do the recruiting job? Wouldn't that just leave everyone else absolutely screwed? It would be really trippy if every Christian disappeared though, maybe I could get one of their swank houses.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merle8
If they all get taken away, then who is gonna do the recruiting job? Wouldn't that just leave everyone else absolutely screwed?

Well, that is what evangelicals intend to imply. Then when you bring out the truth... "God's will is that NO MAN be lost," And Luke 3:6 "ALL flesh shall see the SALVATION of GOD," they have nothing to say. Why? Because they have been indoctrinated with hate for those who do not believe exactly as they do.. They want those who disagree with them to "burn." Well, they are in for a big and magnificent surprise when it's all said and done. The amazing thing is, what will happen is given to them in the very book they claim to follow but cannot see beyond their own hatred.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Wishing upon a star.

But can you blame people for their faith? their believes and what give them hope and purpose in this life?

No, I don't blame them, I blame the many interpretations created by the so call Chosen by God to spread their own bias views.

People that are hungry for religious guidance will fall pray to this individuals because they are the only ones offering that elusive understanding of what salvation will be

People all you need is look deep in your harts and within your souls and you will find all the answers to life mysteries.

Even if that includes a God, Jesus or Mohamed is all within you and your own selves.

No the deceiving self appointed chosen one by God to tell you where it is and how to find it.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
But can you blame people for their faith? their believes and what give them hope and purpose in this life?

I don't blame anyone for anything they believe unless it is part of the great delusion spoken of in the bible, which this "Rapture" stuff certainly is. It gives people a false hope that is certainly not biblical and wasn't even a part of any spiritual eschatology until about 250 years ago..

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Oh, I understand that I for one used to argue about how people will twist the bible for advantage.

But still many can not find their way unless they are taken by the hand to find it.

That is why that same many fall pray by the deceiving teachings of predators.

Anybody that take their time to actually read the bible for learning purposed will know that the Rapture is a modern created myth.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by luxor311

I would rather live in my security.. then your insecurity... if I get to the end of my road and find that I have lived my life as a christian for nothing than I have lost nothing.... but if you live your life as a non christian and reach your destination only to find out that you were wrong... you will have lost everything..My faith renews my heart and soul and brings me joy even in my darkest times... I am free and found my faith freely as well.. i don't think it is like a cult at all.. no rituals or temples.. just faith

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Neariah

Don't bother to address the fact that there are biblical passages that imply there won't be this "rapture" you seem so sure of..

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Can I ask you how many times you have personally read the bible for your self.. I find it interesting how many people will say that the bible is full of contraditions and christians make up their beliefs... and have never actually sat down and read the bible for themselves... I say that bc I used to be one of those people. It is important not only to read.. but study ... the new testament is in 1st century language you cannot expect it to describe the end of times with our way of speaking.. yet at the same time.. the bible is what it is. You can read the description of the end in Christs words.. in mathew 26 and 27 as well.. Don't forget.. nothing is new under the sun...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Neariah

You are free to believe as you wish. However, whenever you parade what you believe as the "truth" when it doesn't even coincide with the source you quote, then you have a real problem... This is something "rapture" believers do on a regular basis..

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

... "God's will is that NO MAN be lost," And Luke 3:6 "ALL flesh shall see the SALVATION of GOD,"

It IS God's will that noone be lost, that is up to the individual.
I believe that ALL will see the salvation of the Lord, whether at the Marriage supper or the Great White Throne judgement, I don't know.

They want those who disagree with them to "burn." Well, they are in for a big and magnificent surprise when it's all said and done.

No true christian would 'want' to see any man burn! In fact, I think the 'silence' which is in heaven for 30 minutes prior to the Great Tribulation is sorrow in heaven for the poor people of earth.

But, heaven wouldn't be heaven with active child-molesters, would it?
Everyone who defies God to the end, will be forgotten.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by Clearskies]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neariah
... the new testament is in 1st century language you cannot expect it to describe the end of times with our way of speaking.. :

With that I concur... I have gotten into heated debates with people over the book of Revelation... I try to tell them that you cannot match ancient language with modern day imaginings; it doesn't work.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If this Rapture happens as you say, will every child and baby be raptured as they are inocent in the eyes of God.
What about the people that have not herd of the gospel like some in the high lands of New Gunea and other very remote places of the globe,while we are at it what about Muslim children,Autistic children,what about people with Alzimers. what about Catholics ..... Just wondering

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   

It IS God's will that noone be lost, that is up to the individual.

God's will WILL be done, will it not?

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MinMin
If this Rapture happens as you say, will every child and baby be raptured as they are inocent in the eyes of God.
What about the people that have not herd of the gospel like some in the high lands of New Gunea and other very remote places of the globe,while we are at it what about Muslim children,Autistic children,what about people with Alzimers. what about Catholics ..... Just wondering

According to evangelicals and the like, they will all go to "hell."
I don't know what god they worship, but it certainly isn't the God I have come to know and love.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

You can start by telling me the passage that you are referring to and then I will address it... then I can also finish by telling you.. that I do not live my life in the hopes of being part of the rapture... no one knows the time nor the hour but the father not even the son knows.... "" I live my life knowing that I will meet my Lord one day and one day i will face judgement for the life and the choices that i have made... I received Gods wonderful gift of salvation.. and I rejoice in my fellowship with him... wether I am part of the rapture or I face an earthy death... I live confidently today knowing that I am saved... so I do not stay awake at night in fear of death... nor in fear of being left behind... "he comes like a theif in the night""

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Well, you can start by clicking the above, Neariah... I posted a whole article on why Pre-Tribulational "Rapture" is a fallacy and the article lists verses that contradict the whole notion of some "airy rescue."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join