It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Janet Jackson breast gets hit with first lawsuit

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Well the suit has now been dropped....

abcnews.go.com...

Less than a week after filing a class-action lawsuit because of her outrage over Janet Jackson's Super Bowl stunt, Terri Carlin believes she's made her point.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   

In the stunt, it didn't look like she wanted it to happen, so it looked lilke it was forced on her. This is what millions of children saw - a mock rape.

First off, settle down.

Okay, now that we're all cooled off, we can talk about this more sensbly. These "millions of children" witnessed a blink of breast, if anything. Also, tell me how these "children" would have known what rape even is, if they're as innocent as they seem?

On a heavier note, you would not be calling this rape if you had ever witnessed a rape first hand, or seen pictures of it in a courtroom. Not very pretty.

EDIT: Illusion, maybe you should take a look at your avvie if you want-a some of da nipple, ya?

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by mig12]

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mig12

In the stunt, it didn't look like she wanted it to happen, so it looked lilke it was forced on her. This is what millions of children saw - a mock rape.

First off, settle down.

Okay, now that we're all cooled off, we can talk about this more sensbly. These "millions of children" witnessed a blink of breast, if anything. Also, tell me how these "children" would have known what rape even is, if they're as innocent as they seem?

On a heavier note, you would not be calling this rape if you had ever witnessed a rape first hand, or seen pictures of it in a courtroom. Not very pretty.

EDIT: Illusion, maybe you should take a look at your avvie if you want-a some of da nipple, ya?

[Edited on 10-2-2004 by mig12]

Settle down? What right do you have to tell me when and where and over what I should be upset at?

Most children do not know what rape is but they saw one live and in color on television that day. That's the problem (please see my definition of rape and what was witnessed).

This "blink of breast" was when someone, other than Jackson herself, forcefully ripped off part of her costume. She looked upset and distraught. (Again, see definition of rape)

This was not a National Geographic program on the daily lives of natives in Africa. This was a program watched by millions of people world wide (people - which includes millions of children worldwide).

YOU WOULD be calling this RAPE if you had seen one or experienced one.

As I've said all along, this was a MOCK RAPE (mock meaning not real). But it LOOKED REAL. She DID look upset and covered herself.

I DON'T want any child (male or female) to think it is okay to rip someone else's clothes off or have their clothes ripped off by someone else. This IS WHAT THEY SAW!

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Story here

How tragic, yes? Calif. authorities launch probe into prison death. While guards were engrossed in the distracting half-time show for the Super Bowl, an inmate at Corcoran state prison bled to death.

Authorities are seeking to confiscate the "malfunctioning" costume as evidence in order to resolve any culpability of Mr. Timberlake and Ms. Jackson. Authorities refuse to reveal whether a reenactment of this alleged crime will be scheduled, pending the final coroner's report.

Kings County chief deputy prosecutor Patrick Hart said his office was investigating the death of Ronald Herrera, whose body was found in his cell early Monday morning.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Huh?

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I was wotchin the whole thing over here & by the time the halftime show came on it was about 2am.The breastflash was ova so quick knowone said noticed for about 30 seconds! we all looked around to confirm what had happend then laughed because we relised that it wasnt so late in the US & lots of people were gonna be outraged.

when all the compliants came in the Sun (britains largest tabliod paper which any kid can buy) runs a story with the 'offending breast' not blurred out, on page 3 right next to the daily topless model.

its a good job some of you dont live here i think you would die of shock

[Edited on 17-2-2004 by John bull 1]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join